[TC] No Starburst Shockwave Cannon Fab??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dustoff
x3tc

No Starburst Shockwave Cannon Fab??

Post by Dustoff » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 00:18

I got Yokohama and boom I can't find SSW Fab.
Earth Sector is the only one that I didn't fly into.
This game is starting to be a joke.

Also no Mobile Drilling Fabs at least none so far.
I think I uncovered 90% of universe when I looked at the map.

I am starting terran again and I know there used to be in PTNI Sector but no more.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 03:17

How about buying your own fabs? The mobile drilling fab can be there somewhere - just explore the universe. The same is probably true for SB - just explore the Terran sectors. I was looking for a Ghoul missile fab and I found it in a farthermost corner of the farthermost unknown sector in the Terran space.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 03:21

You know those build missions? Sooner or later someone is going to have this urge to build a mobile drilling system forge in a system somewhere. Jump in a TL, load up, you have your fab and you get paid for it so long as you have the investment capital.

It's not a joke. Factories go out of business. It happens! So either produce privately or help keep the economy ticking.

If you operate close to a sector with a shipyard stocking them you don't even have to invest in a TL of your own.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 06:01

Most stuff that disappears in the Commonwealth will eventually reappear as build mission, as other said. I quickly got to rebuild a mobile drilling system fab in Olmancketslat's Treaty, and the Borons wanted to have a tractor beam fab (the only existing one was blown up a few hours into my game).

Unfortunately, for Terran fabs that's not true. You don't have SSW in your universe? That's bad luck, as that's the way it will stay. The only way to get your hands on SSW in that case is capping Terran ships. Or play a loooong time. I'm in the same situation, by the way. At least I know I won't buy Terran capitals. One consideration less when it comes to fleet building ;).

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 11:06

It's the same in my game. I've been buying terran weapons for ages, yet I've only got one SSC to my name (got more prototype SSC than I can shake a stick at.) To have access to the Aldrin plot I'd have to finish the Final Fury plot which I don't want to do yet (I want to do FF with my ranks at X-treme) so for the minute all I've done is train about ten STs then move them into terran space.... hopefully the SSC forge will get rebuilt in Jupiter - it's worked for shadow missiles because I couldn't get hold of them either for a while.

pja
x4

Post by pja » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 16:29

Start blowing up K's and J's in Xenon sectors, since the Xenon can use all Terran weapons they will sometimes drop them. Once you have one, you can clone more, the Moon probably being the best sector for this.

Gizmocat
x3tc

Post by Gizmocat » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 17:15

If you finish a certain set of missions, you can buy and build the SSC fab - I have two in a Terran complex in The Hole.
The Boron Viking Brigade will live!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 17:50

And try the on-board ship's encyclopedia.
If your ship has ever been near what you are looking for,you will find out where it is,even if you have not noticed it yourself.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”