@Shadowtech: Problem running 'unpacked' game. ***Fixed***

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

@Shadowtech: Problem running 'unpacked' game. ***Fixed***

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 04, 20:18

First of all, thanks for the great tutorial. I wouldn't have had a clue of where to begin without it.

However, I can't seem to get the game to work after following your instructions. I unpacked all 3 cat/dat files, moved them into the X2 root dir in the proper order and everything looked fine. I then moved all extraneous files and folders to a backup folder. I haven't decompressed any of the pck files yet. Wanted to make sure everything worked first.

When I tried to run the game, it gets as far as the X2 load screen, tries to load the next screen and CTDs. If I move the CAT/DAT files back into the X2 root, it works fine. Thinking one of the files may have gotten corrupted, I repeated the extraction. No joy, same result. I'm using StoneD's X2patch09b. I'm running X2 v1.2.

Any ideas? :?
Last edited by Nanook on Tue, 17. Feb 04, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 01:14

Anyone else know what I did wrong :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 02:21

Nanook wrote:Anyone else know what I did wrong :?
My guess is that you did not combine the files correctly when merging 02data and 03data into 01data, or something important got lost in the process.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Feb 04, 10:37

Solved the problem. Somehow, some of the files were corrupted in my first unpacking. Tried unpacking again but it still didn't work. Deleted all the unpacked files and unpacked, for the third time, and it finally works. Sorry for the bother. :oops:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”