[AL] Military Transport [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.10]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gaularn

Post by Gaularn » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 09:31

jelf wrote:Hi, I've downloaded this script from lucike's website.

However when I'm in the game the flight plan hot key doesn't seem to do anything. Every time I press it there's only a beep sound but nothing else.

I have max race reputation for both Terran and Argon. I've also installed all other lucike's scripts.

Another thing is I saw a Terran scabbard today with a speed of 362m/s. It seems to be carrying those personnels. But it didn't show any special color on the sector map. Is it normal?

Thanks.
There are two listed prerequisites =P First is, indeed, reputation with a supported faction. Secondly, you need to have a combat rank of Fighter Chief. Cheers!

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 00:23

I find these jobs confusing. As much for my own reference I've set down what I think the uses of each type are. Can someone confirm if I've understood correctly and help me fill in the blanks?

Flight Controller
System: None
Purpose: Improves ship top speed & maneuverability
Quantity: 1 per ship
Activates: Yes (i.e. name goes green when it's working)

Gunner
System: MEFOS only
Purpose: Operates turrets
Quantity: 1 per 3 weapons in turret.
Activates: No

Helmsman
Purpose: Improves ship maneuverability
Activates: Yes

Machinist
Purpose: Improves ship top speed

Navigator
Purpose: Improves ship maneuverability

Marine
Purpose: Adds a standard marine to the ship.
Quantity: As many as you want/the ship can carry

Mechanic
System: CODEA only
Purpose: Performs repairs on gocked ships. Allows M8s to dock successfully
Quantity: 1 on an M8. As many as you likr on the carrier.

Scientist
System: MEFOS only
Purpose: Operates turrets.
Quantity: 1 per ship.

Technician
System: MEFOS & CODEA
Purpose: MEFOS: Operates turrets. CODEA: Allows M8s to dock successfully
Quantity: MEFOS: 1 per turret. CODEA: 1 per ship on M8.

The marines really confuse me. Are they good for anything, or are they a relic of the days before marines were integrated into X3 natively?

Edit: Updated marines as per Saetan's explanation.
Last edited by Triscopic on Tue, 4. Mar 14, 23:10, edited 2 times in total.
Proudly lurking since 2004

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 00:48

Triscopic wrote:The marines really confuse me. Are they good for anything, or are they a relic of the days before marines were integrated into X3 natively?
Just another way to hire (trained) marines, they are no relict ... they got added afterwards. As they are handled as regular personnel, if I remember right, simply use "Personnel Transporter"-script to put them into the right place for marines.

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 14:04

Ok, thanks. That helps. :)
Proudly lurking since 2004

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Thu, 6. Sep 12, 04:57

Gaularn wrote:
jelf wrote:Hi, I've downloaded this script from lucike's website.

However when I'm in the game the flight plan hot key doesn't seem to do anything. Every time I press it there's only a beep sound but nothing else.

I have max race reputation for both Terran and Argon. I've also installed all other lucike's scripts.

Another thing is I saw a Terran scabbard today with a speed of 362m/s. It seems to be carrying those personnels. But it didn't show any special color on the sector map. Is it normal?

Thanks.
There are two listed prerequisites =P First is, indeed, reputation with a supported faction. Secondly, you need to have a combat rank of Fighter Chief. Cheers!
Thanks. I got it working now.

Just have another question. What is the use of Flight Controller? On Lucike's website he said Flight Controller has something to do with "airport" or whatever. Does he make you dock faster when using autopilot to dock?
Also, I've hired one and am sure that he doesn't increase the ships speed, acceleration or maneuverability in normal situations.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 22:04

Hey, I started using this script. Downloaded it from http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=109 .

I'm also using XRM http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158 .

I dunno if ranks are important, but here they are: http://i.imgur.com/9ONQN.jpg

My problem is there are no military transports whatsoever anywhere. Calling "Military Transport: Flight plan" via hotkey does nothing.

Any ideas?

scylla0v2

Post by scylla0v2 » Thu, 4. Oct 12, 15:45

dispostableatheist wrote:Hey, I started using this script. Downloaded it from http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=109 .

I'm also using XRM http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158 .

I dunno if ranks are important, but here they are: http://i.imgur.com/9ONQN.jpg

My problem is there are no military transports whatsoever anywhere. Calling "Military Transport: Flight plan" via hotkey does nothing.

Any ideas?
it's the colored map,uninstall it and this script will work
delete one file or two for xrm

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 04:09

Head Cooks Purpose?

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sun, 12. May 13, 01:53

Is there any way for Technician/Mechanic combo to work with an m2+ with a docking bay?

I tried having both or the m2+, both on the m8, one in each, invert them but no success.

gr4vediggr
x3ap

Post by gr4vediggr » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 23:26

How do you fire gunners etc?

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 12:10

Being a big fan of the life Lucike's scripts bring into the game, I regularly use the Military Transport having a couple of TPs waiting at designated stations. Problem always was that dozens of units I didn't actually need had been hired while I was just looking for a new navigator for example. This extension, accessible by Cycrow's community plugin configurator, lets you
  • configure which type of personnel should be transferred to your AI TPs
  • double recruitment efforts for the cost of credits (double personnel count for 10k/transfer)
  • receive a vocal notification after successful transfer
[ external image ]

Download Militaertransport_X3TC_V3303_scedit.zip

To install, unzip and overwrite existing files.
Note: Tried to contact Lucike to see if it's ok to post this here.. doesn't seem to be around anymore though

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 03:29

Just saw this extension, looks awesome!

Gonna try it out :)

[EDIT] Does not work, menu comes up with READ TEXT errors
Did you add a 8015 text file and forget to upload it in your package?

bigbaer
x3tc

Post by bigbaer » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 08:20

Thank you for the information.

Aseron
x4

Re: [AL] Military Transport [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.10]

Post by Aseron » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 00:02

What about the other personnel not mentioned here? Flight Controller and Flight Instructor? What do they do?

Also, one thing I have noticed is that the Mechanist (capital ship engineer) seems to have an extremely low spawn chance in those personnel carriers. Is my RNG just bad, or has anyone else noticed this?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 18:24

Aseron wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 00:02
What about the other personnel not mentioned here? Flight Controller and Flight Instructor? What do they do?

Also, one thing I have noticed is that the Mechanist (capital ship engineer) seems to have an extremely low spawn chance in those personnel carriers. Is my RNG just bad, or has anyone else noticed this?
Look at the second post at the top of this page. Flight Instructor speeds up pilot leveling for every job ;(CODEA, CAG, CLS1 & 2,). Getting kills for CODEA pilots is faster than the instructor boost. From my experience Mechanist & flight controllers have been rare for me.

Aseron
x4

Post by Aseron » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 21:16

[quote=CloneSargaent post_id=4796585 time=1544894648 user_id=471370]
[quote=Aseron post_id=4795114 time=1544828550 user_id=488886]

[/quote]

Look at the second post at the top of this page. Flight Instructor speeds up pilot leveling for every job ;(CODEA, CAG, CLS1 & 2,). Getting kills for CODEA pilots is faster than the instructor boost. From my experience Mechanist & flight controllers have been rare for me.
[/quote]

Do the flight instructors stack? Like can I have, say, 10 of them on one ship and reap the benefits from all 10?

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 01:16

No.
Just one count.
It`s described on his web side...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”