Super Star Destroyer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DarthVain
x3tc

Super Star Destroyer

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 05:09

Has anyone by chance have the Imperial Super Star Destroyer as a stand alone install? It would be greatly appreciated if one could be made available as I'd really would like it perhaps included as a command carrier.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Nilvexan

Post by Nilvexan » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 07:02

I have one that i have within my library of ships ill try and fish it out for you as soon as i can, i retextured it a bit, its black with blue lighting, but has all the appropriate docks and whatnot (yes it can dock the valhala, its that big) just be warned, its so huge it doesnt fit through gates and cant dock ANYWHERE.

I'll have to get permission to make the file available of course first though.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 08:33

That would be awesome Nilvexan 8)

DarthVain

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 23:13

Might be an oldie but still worth the chase

DarthVain

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 01:19

Thanks DBS,

I do have the SSD shown in that link but was hoping to find one where the engine glow was working.

The one by Tensin/DD even the one by MM just show the engines but no glow.

DarthVain

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 12:18

The problem I had when I used SSD in X3 was that it was so massive and long ( few kilometers ) that its guns were almost useless becouse to fully have a shot at anything You had to fly INTO that thing , so the most of the ship and its guns were at the firing distance, is it still a problem now?
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
The roof of the house of Amun is fallen
Even the gods must die

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 03:28

Resheph wrote:The problem I had when I used SSD in X3 was that it was so massive and long ( few kilometers ) that its guns were almost useless becouse to fully have a shot at anything You had to fly INTO that thing , so the most of the ship and its guns were at the firing distance, is it still a problem now?
I don't have that problem at all. The SSD is approx 17 km long and weapons work quite effectively. It all depends on what weapons are installed. Also by having MARS installed, weapon selection is automatic.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea how the engine glow can be activated?

DarthVain

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 15:57

DarthVain wrote:
Resheph wrote:The problem I had when I used SSD in X3 was that it was so massive and long ( few kilometers ) that its guns were almost useless becouse to fully have a shot at anything You had to fly INTO that thing , so the most of the ship and its guns were at the firing distance, is it still a problem now?
I don't have that problem at all. The SSD is approx 17 km long and weapons work quite effectively. It all depends on what weapons are installed. Also by having MARS installed, weapon selection is automatic.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea how the engine glow can be activated?
Not many weapons have range good enough to use SSD. The same as in the parallel topic on X3 discussion board, the SSD is gigantic, beautiful and totally inpractical. The guns have too low range for it to 'work' efficiently.

The engine glow and any effect has to be added through modding.
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
Even the gods must die

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:25

Resheph wrote:Not many weapons have range good enough to use SSD. The same as in the parallel topic on X3 discussion board, the SSD is gigantic, beautiful and totally inpractical. The guns have too low range for it to 'work' efficiently.

The engine glow and any effect has to be added through modding.
Granted, but then the SSD wasn't designed to be a fighter more like a command ship. I have used it for destroying stations and whilst any ship came within her reach, they were soon space dust.

I quite enjoy commanding my Imperial fleet of 10 Imperial Star Destroyers whom I task the combatant roles when I and the fleet jump into enemy sectors.

It's quite an impressive sight.

DarthVain

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:31

In X3 the turret range was dependent on the place of camera in the main view, which obviously was kilotmeters away so that they could hit only something that was in the middle of the ship and just a bit above it, has it been fixed in TC? It is pain in the ass to have 17 km ship which turrets fire for like 2-3 or 5 km in the good day?
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
Even the gods must die

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:51

In X3 the turret range was dependent on the place of camera in the main view, which obviously was kilotmeters away so that they could hit only something that was in the middle of the ship and just a bit above it, has it been fixed in TC? It is pain in the ass to have 17 km ship which turrets fire for like 2-3 or 5 km in the good day?
Standard problem of big ships.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 00:03

Again it depends on what you're using the SSD for. I have no probs with it. Weapons vary. I have ones that start firing at targets over 10 Km away. I prefer for the ships to come in closer. You are more likely to hit them and because of the sheer size of the SSD, most ships aren't a threat anyway.

DarthVain

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 15:33

also remember it can only has 72 barrels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”