[TC] Setting up to auto-buy IBLs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jwigeland
x3tc

Setting up to auto-buy IBLs

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 14:31

Okay, here's the status:

I have plexes in Weaver's Tempest selling goods to the two IBL forges (yeah, I overbuilt...) I want to buy eevry IBL they make, but not when they've only got one (as happens now) because I'm paying max price... and if I decide to sell any (I have 180) I'll be losing money

Here's the Plan:

Build an Equipment Dock in WT and put IBLs in it (so it's a tradable good). Home-base a TS to the place and set it to buy ware for best price, and set the IBL buy price to the lowest it goes (when the forge has maximum stock - there are no other buyers so I'm okay). He should only go out to buy once the IBL forges are full up, so I get the best price for each one I buy. Then, home-base and dock a TL to the EQD with orders to "sell ware for best price," but set the number of jumps to zero. That way, he should pull every IBL that comes into the EQD but never leave (as there are no IBL buyers in WT). Sound good?
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 15:49

It takes ages for an IBL forge to fill, so I wouldn't bother trying to automate the process since you only have to issue a few click commands every 24hrs or so to empty the forges.
IIRC its about 4.5 hours for each IBL and the forges can hold 8, keeping them runnin is a lot more micromanagement.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:50

I'm in the same spot, I just keep them filled with resources, you gotta pay top dollar for items you can't get from the normal outlets :P

I have a small booze plex and ore mine all set to sell at min credits and freighters to sell them the stuff, jumps is set to 1 so they'l stay in the sector. Nobody else trades with the yaki so I should be able to just let the ibl forges fill with weapons before I collect them...
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 22:20

My Hub shopping trolly collects IBLs for me... :) Much easier!

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 22:31

My Hub shopping trolly collects IBLs for me... Much easier!
only if you'r supplying the IBL factories, else your hub won't be shopping for IBLs....

and if you'r supplying the IBL factories then its not so easier :lol:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 23:44

It's even worse than that. Only the Yaki and the Pirates have a fab.

If, like me, you managed to upset them, and you've had to hack the station
just to gain access, you'll have to run the gauntlet yourself in a fast XL
cargo capable ship and autodock aboard.

Any auto traders are likely to get shot down on sight.

The most reliable method is probably shooting up large ships and hope for drops.

That was why I came up with the ill-fated plan to nab an IBL forge.
So far, it hasn't worked, but I live in hope

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”