[TC] Fragmentation Bomb Launcher who uses it and why?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ogamerdg
x3tc

Fragmentation Bomb Launcher who uses it and why?

Post by ogamerdg » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 06:49

Can't find a use for it and it dosn't seem to be very effective at all so what do you guys use it for?
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 07:24

There are rumors it got fixed in 2.5...

Blazehack
x3tc

Post by Blazehack » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 10:16

I use it for something to sell other people, otherwise its just another of those weapons I don't use myself :lol:

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 10:36

If they did fix it then no one told the Novas I have been capturing about that. Short of flying directly into the white bullets it is still not hurting even an M4. Maybe I have just been lucky but I've not seen them causing me trouble.

M

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 10:53

I use them to sell for money. They're absolutely no use for anything else in any version of the game. It was CFA (Cluster Flak Array) that got fixed in 2.5, not FBL.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 11:03

What about OOS combat, are they not useful for that seeing as its just a numbers game and bigger is better?
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 13:25

OOS combat rules are quite different from IS - bigger is not always better. Damage per shot is a good clue to OOS efficiency. IIRC FBL has similar damage per second to HEPT but lower rate of fire so it is likely to be a good fighter weapon OOS.
Right on commander !

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 17:20

I use FBL`s in my turret slots on a wing of Kestrals and run them as anti-fighter roles.... :twisted: ... works great for me !!!
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 19:34

Geek wrote:OOS combat rules are quite different from IS - bigger is not always better.
Talk about it. I had a Pirate Disco attacking one of my stations in Heretic's End. The damage was pathetic and hardly a flicker in the station's shields. Just for fun, I sent the Boreas that was parked in OL to the station.

What then happened? Nothing! OOS, the Boreas seems to be incapable of hitting the Disco. When I came to the sector myself hours later, the Boreas finally finished it off.

And yes, that's why I still use FBL on freighters that can mount them. OOS combat is a funny animal.

BangStick

Post by BangStick » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 07:51

They put on a nice fireworks show for the kiddies when sprayed randomly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”