[TC] Question - Passengers to salves to Mercs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mouseco
x3tc

Question - Passengers to salves to Mercs

Post by Mouseco » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 12:49

Hey guys,

Its been a while since i played and i realised I STILL (yes mock me) cannot figure out how i change passengers to mercs.

I've converted them to slaves via the pirate base, but have no idea how i start them down the path to becomming a merc ... the only option I get is to sell them at the station, and no options from my freight menu ..

Could anyone possibly put up an idiot proof guide for me?
(sorry for the repeat question :])

The situation only came to light when i managed to pirate two TP's full of passenger staff last night ^^

Regards

Mouse

Blazehack
x3tc

Re: Question - Passengers to salves to Mercs

Post by Blazehack » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 12:53

Mouseco wrote:Hey guys,

Its been a while since i played and i realised I STILL (yes mock me) cannot figure out how i change passengers to mercs.

I've converted them to slaves via the pirate base, but have no idea how i start them down the path to becomming a merc ... the only option I get is to sell them at the station, and no options from my freight menu ..

Could anyone possibly put up an idiot proof guide for me?
(sorry for the repeat question :])

The situation only came to light when i managed to pirate two TP's full of passenger staff last night ^^

Regards

Mouse
Here's the idiot proof guide for you

Its called rehabilitation center(its a pirate instalation that flips slaves to mercs) Note they start hostile to you so you need to get them hacked for ya.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 13:01

This is twice as annoying then since I must be missing the option ... I shall go ferret about in game ^^
Last time i pressed buttons i captured a TL ... so always a good idea!

Blazehack
x3tc

Post by Blazehack » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 13:06

Its not at the pirate base it is a station named Rehabilitation center that is pirate run to clear up the misunderstanding. Thier are only a couple in the x-verse. The only one that comes to mind off the top of my head is I think thier is one in the unkown sector next to PNTI HQ sector......

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 13:38

Yep just flying there now :)
Alas will take a while, have to avoid ... split, paranid, boron sectors ^^
Oh and argon now ... I jsut love the transports ^^

Blazehack
x3tc

Post by Blazehack » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 14:02

Mouseco wrote:Yep just flying there now :)
Alas will take a while, have to avoid ... split, paranid, boron sectors ^^
Oh and argon now ... I jsut love the transports ^^
For pirating it is normaly better to limit the amount of races you decide to piss off at anytime. Oh on a side note pirating is much more fun in race sectors, the teladi don't seem to care if you pirate in thier sectors just as long as you don't hit thier ships. Same for most other races some even give you rep for hitting certin races ships in thier sector(boran/split comes to mind you can have a field day on split ships in boran sectors and boran ships in split sectors)
The life of a pirate.

1 If you see it shoot at it.
2 If it shoots back shoot at it some more
3 ?????
4 Profit

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 14:08

Well noted .... now to find this Slave to merc option and my two lovely TP's can begin thier new 'Office jobs'

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 14:54

Slaves can`t be turned into mercs.......

Bailed pilots can be enslaved by first docking at a Pirate Base or Mercenary Outpost, renamed to Rehabilitation Centres as of the 2.5 update for X3 Terran Conflict. :twisted:

Once docked, open your frieght bay of the ship the bailed pilots are in and click on them, the option to `enslave` will appear, select it and you will see the passengers in your hold have now turned into slaves.

You can now sell the slaves for credits and then use those credits to buy mercs/marines for training up and useing for boarding operations !! :D
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 17:05

Apollo303 wrote:Slaves can`t be turned into mercs.......

Bailed pilots can be enslaved by first docking at a Pirate Base or Mercenary Outpost, renamed to Rehabilitation Centres as of the 2.5 update for X3 Terran Conflict. :twisted:

Once docked, open your frieght bay of the ship the bailed pilots are in and click on them, the option to `enslave` will appear, select it and you will see the passengers in your hold have now turned into slaves.

You can now sell the slaves for credits and then use those credits to buy mercs/marines for training up and useing for boarding operations !! :D
ah i see!
Thank you.
I was wondering if there was a way to turn the slaves itno merc directly ... would of been fun to have my captured buddies out claiming ships for me ... but oh well...

Off to market with you dears ^^

thanks again!

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 17:13

Your most welcome..... there is one other thing i should point out however.

That is as of 2.5 update you can only perform boarding actions with ships that can use boarding pods, marines/mercs can no longer spacewalk to thier intended targets.

This also means that you will have to use ships that can use boarding pods, normally M7 & M7M class, not sure about any others !!

Good luck !! :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 17:32

Actually, marines can still spacewalk to the target just fine--what's changed is that the boarding difficulty has increased to the point where it's very unlikely you'll succeed with only 5 or 10 marines, which is how many you can reliably deploy using the spacewalk method.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 01:15

pjknibbs wrote:Actually, marines can still spacewalk to the target just fine--what's changed is that the boarding difficulty has increased to the point where it's very unlikely you'll succeed with only 5 or 10 marines, which is how many you can reliably deploy using the spacewalk method.
this does seem to poo poo a little on the hard up pirate starts where capping stuff is by far your only real method of hoofin it up the food chain :s

Poor old Nuklear slugs going to have a hard time, come his next story :)

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 04:04

Apollo303 wrote:Bailed pilots can be enslaved by first docking at a Pirate Base or Mercenary Outpost, renamed to Rehabilitation Centres as of the 2.5 update for X3 Terran Conflict. :twisted:
So what were they called before 2.5? i use 2.4 and trying to finish getting the last few boardable ships before i upgrade to 2.5?
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 04:26

Pirating ships in Return Ship missions is still perfectly possible. Sometimes you get an M7M. It requires you to be in the good books of at least one race; the pirate would traditionally use the Teladi as allies.

And then blow up enemy race stations for boarding pods!
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 14:37

ogamerdg wrote:
Apollo303 wrote:Bailed pilots can be enslaved by first docking at a Pirate Base or Mercenary Outpost, renamed to Rehabilitation Centres as of the 2.5 update for X3 Terran Conflict. :twisted:
So what were they called before 2.5? i use 2.4 and trying to finish getting the last few boardable ships before i upgrade to 2.5?
As i said... Pirate Bases, Pirate Anarchy Ports and Mercenary Outposts (2.5 = Rehabilitation Centre).

@pjknibbs.... i`ve always had very hard times trying to get marines/mercs to board ships without the use of boarding pods. So for that purpose i always use pods... IMO theres no other real way to do it successfully!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”