[TC] Build satellite?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ricknunez
x3tc

Build satellite?

Post by ricknunez » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 22:55

I have a mission "Eyes and Ears" to build a satellite in the Family Zyarth sector. Finally after much searching I was able to find a sector selling Navigational Relay Satellites. Then I searched again and found out how to deploy them. I've deployed a few satellites now in the target sector with no completion of the mission.
What am I missing? The mission says build a satellite. That doesn't make sense to me. My wife told me to go by a satellite building kit. I'm beginning to believe her.

Thanks.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 22:57

Maybe try Advanced Satellites? Though I seem to remember ejecting the standard model worked fine.

Just ejecting the sat is all you need to do.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

ricknunez
x3tc

Post by ricknunez » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 22:59

Brilliant! It worked. Thank you.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 23:03

Always a pleasure to help.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 08:35

I think you can even do that mission with only one satellite... drop it, get that mission complete message, then scoop it back up.

Although, it's better just to leave them. They really help out in monitoring sectors and to to see what's for sale in a sector. And advance Sat's are very useful for placing factories and have a larger scanning radius.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 12. Nov 09, 08:14

It would be impossible for me to pillage and plunder without an uber reliable sattellite network.. They are very valuble instraments.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”