Getting Boron marines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

Getting Boron marines

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 07:59

As everybody probably knows, Borons are peaceful race and their military outposts do not sell mercenaries. I was able to find ~13 borons on all pirate bases that sell mercs but this appears to be all boron mercs in my universe. I tried buying out other mercs from pirates in hope that borons will respawn but only other races did appear. Do I need to blow those bases instead? Or was it just random with me out of luck this time? I want a 20-strong team of Borons! :)

Abscon
x3tc

Post by Abscon » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 08:10

aww come on the boron merc's sound like blood thirsty maniacs!!

I think its random at the merc bases, as for the marine barracks they should always have their race marine's aboard so if you want different race mercs/marines then go to them

edit: just realized you weren't complaining, boron mercs are extremely rare at least in my games they are. blowing them may work but you can never be sure of the re spawn
The X3tc Mantra
Trade...
Fight...
Build...
Think...
Steal everything that's not bolted down...

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 09:15

In fact I just blew up half of my boron marines on capturing a Vali *sigh* :) Didn't have time to reload my cobra. I guess I need to have two frigates, one with the boron elite squad and another one with regular meatbags...

mntnd3w
x3tc

Post by mntnd3w » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 09:16

You are on the right track getting them from pirate bases. In the universe there should be at least 3 or 4 pirate bases that sell marines. Just keep buying and enslaving the non-boron ones (unless its a high fight rank tough guy then keep him also) and hope for good respawns. I have lots of them but have not done the work to get 20 on one ship and train them up to max everything yet.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 09:42

If they haven't all been blasted away, try the Rehabilitation Facilities in Pirate sectors. They carry about 4 times the stock of a normal pirate base, and usually have a few Borons amongst them.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 10:11

Wonder if Boron make better marines than other races? All mine for some reason tend to be Paranid...
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 16:30

JoeVN09 wrote:Wonder if Boron make better marines than other races? All mine for some reason tend to be Paranid...
Ditto, the overwhelming majority of my troops are Paranid. The rest are mostly Split with a sprinkling of Teladi, Argon, and Boron.

I think it's because in my game start I'm a Paranid so sticking with my own race despite the fact my brethren tried to shoot me on sight in Paranid territory when I started the game.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 17:32

JoeVN09 wrote:All mine for some reason tend to be Paranid...
The overwhelming majority of mine are Paranid, too. They simply had the best marines on offer.

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 17:41

WoW !!.... i just noticed too that there are no Military Outpost/Bases that sell Boron Marines/Mercnaries except for the odd 1 or 2 in Pirate Stations/bases. :o

Suppose that`ll teach `em to be so darn peacefull.... although it is kindof wierd how if you upset them they throw quite a large number of BIG cap-ship`s at you... :shock:

Im just wondering if there might be another update soon to incorporate Boron Marines, especially in thier core sectors !!
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”