IDEA: Empire Control

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khensu
x3tc

IDEA: Empire Control

Post by Khensu » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 15:26

the basic idea is to give on of the races all resources to the player, like if he starts as the "Argon President" he gets all the Argon Sectors and all the ships and Factorys that the race would...

As for the shipyards it still could belong to the race that the player controls, as a races leader should use the Tax ( factory profit ) to get the ships that they need to defend there sectors :D

I think it could be quite a fun to do battle with nations :)

maybe even get a Khaak invasion force leadership start, or a Xenon main program start :D

If anybody can/willing to do this then I whould like to help with the "storry" :D
Sry for my bad english ^^"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 01:12

it may well be your lucky day, a small conversion of the script i wrote for apricot's idea made your idea easy to implement.

i'm just playing with the shipyard code and you may get your wish ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 18:06

i had a simmiler idea
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 19:00

:)

so, a bit more detailed:

a Start for all races, in witch you have custom missions, like Teladi to get profit, Split to conquer the galaxy and so on :)

give a bigger beginnings power, aka rule the race that you are, all the traders and all the ships that the race gets from the god engine, and the races capital ship as the players ship from the start

maybe give the Xenon and the Khaak some of the unknown sectors so that they get a better chance of a good start :)

thats how I think it would be very cool to have :)
( but I cant make it :( )

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 21:41

have a play with this and see what you think

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/pl ... le.uni.rar

put them in your scripts folder and load, your given the option of which race you want to take and viola :)

dock at shipyards to buy ships, i've built in a menu to workaround the problem with player shipyards.

you need to delete(or move to another folder) setup.rule.uni in the script folder once installed to stop the plugin running on a new load/game
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 21:51

will take me a few min to get a copy of my game, and giving it a try in a new start game :D

ok, 1st bug found :) :
when I start as Xenon, I get all the shipyards, but the ships stay on enemy, or they respawn there as enemy
and the other races are not my enemys ^^"

but that isnt a to big thing, I know what it needs :)

considering that the freithers are all selfpropertys of the ppl that wont be mine, but they should love me, so it needs a little addon:

what race I choice should be 100% maxed out love me, the other races should be known to me as I'm the ruler of the race I choiced and they know the others, except the unknowns :D

secondly I need to get a bigger ship that is good as a Capital ship, so all races M1 should be good, and a big ( and as big I mean Huge ) amount of money so it reflects the races wealth that the ruler should have :)

and lastly some missions whould be good to, as the ppl's needs, like give them a support of 20000 food or something like that, or run over a sector for the ppl as they need more living space, and so on :D

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 00:07

Sounds like Sid Meier's Civilisations. Yeah, that would be nice, however a similar topic was made which reminds me of this in overall, however there you start as exploring the universe and get allies/enemies later.

If we wanna go as the good old rts way, we need a starbase for the main operations, ship builders and economic mineral freighters.

If ya ever played Star Trek Armada (2), then you know what I m talking about.

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 00:14

I seen that post, but there you start as "the player" who needs to be a one man race, but I would like to be the ruler of a race that is one of the core races :)

lets talk RTS then, so this is like you have a game with 3 races, like Red Alert 3, there are 3 races, and you start as a 4th little nothing in the midle of nothing... its not the same as being with one of the 3 races that rule 1/3 of the world from the start... same here, its a better thing to rule the Argon empire to kill others then to get it all from nothing, and buying all kinds of ships from all your potetial enemys... well its great if you dont want to be a races leader, but if you want to be a leader!!! then its just to slow sometimes :D

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 07:54

Hm, is OP still working on this idea?

LV: If you've already created a basic script like that, do/are you intending to further expand that kind of a script?
I fly an OWP. What about you?

yospanky
x3ap

Post by yospanky » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 15:21

LV you've done it again!
Any way to make an .spk or stable script of these features?
I can tell this will be a hot topic.
Lakers 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 19:46

the scripts were made very quickly and would need to be tested, i put them up as a pointer and cannot guarantee bugfreeness yet

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 20:43

LV wrote:the scripts were made very quickly and would need to be tested, i put them up as a pointer and cannot guarantee bugfreeness yet
that means we still have hope :lol:
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”