[TC] 2.5 major spoiler Boarding Pod SETA Exploit.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr. Reeves
x4

2.5 major spoiler Boarding Pod SETA Exploit.

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 18:52

ok I have done 3 M2 battleships like this. In these cases they had not turned to face me yet and I sent hammers to knock out their shields, and flails to keep them down and spoof turrents.

When you launch boarding pods hit J for (SETA) Singularity Engine Time Accelerator and your marines magicly never get shot out of the space surrounding your mark.

I used it like this. As the pods close on the target's firing range I launch a few extra flails and hit J for SETA times 1000%. And at this accelerated pace the turrents missle tracking on a battleship is HORRIBLE and seems DISABLED/BROKEN. My pods have connected every time. (all 4 of them) Then I just turn seta off and my Elite Special forces Squad takes the ship. I like capping boron M2, M1, and the Akuma is a good target. And don't buy a TL when they are so easy to steal, although a M7M is the easyest thing to steal.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 18:57

nice tip! I also saw someone else's suggesstion that you attract the attention of the target ship and then have them chase you as most capitals have little or no missile defense on the front end. LOL

Thanks for linking to my PBG post btw... Happy Boron-hunting to ya!
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Re: 2.5 major spoiler Boarding Pod SETA Exploit.

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 19:44

Mr. Reeves wrote:And at this accelerated pace the turrents missle tracking on a battleship is HORRIBLE and seems DISABLED/BROKEN.
Yep, at high seta values your pc can't cope with the processing to operate the turrets so they stop working. Bit of an exploit really, but it's your game.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 00:02

not much of an exploit, its more on the side of SETA making -any- sort of processing impossible

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 01:12

I just like it because i don't have to slam the reload buttom 5 times to get my pods to connect without being toasted. And I think it's ok becase In my game my meatshields are jacked up on cocane and even if there pods structual integraty was compromised they would be too pumped up to notice the void trying to suck their guts out. lol And did you know you can survive in space for seven secounds? So to think about it i get all my meatshields back freezer burned but give them lots of space fuel and some more drugs and they are good to go!

I have a duel core 3.7 ghz processor in my custom built rig. I think the developers toned down the A.I. turrents targeting abilities during SETA so that people with slower machines could still enjoy the game.

I like the exploit and I am going to use it again and again to beat the game especiaaly since capping is the easyest way to make money. And you are right. If the M2 is going flank speed towards you it will not target pods. However if they are running away screaming ASSASSIN then you have to act and the seta exploit is called for.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Lord of Nothing
x3tc

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 07:54

Not always. I run 10x seta, and turrets still work fine.
Skirnir. No counter-argument possible.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 08:49

*sighs* i have a quad core..and TC only ever runs on one so it really dont matter....the AI target ability is all messed up during SETA because the processing is going too fast for the AI to handle and thusly slows down. its really very very far from an exploit....

*points towards the corporation reward system* now THATS an exploit :p

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 10:46

Catra wrote:... its really very very far from an exploit....
Actually it IS an exploit, not of the game mechanics, but the CPU/game engine limitations.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 11:21

vbruzual wrote:
Catra wrote:... its really very very far from an exploit....
Actually it IS an exploit, not of the game mechanics, but the CPU/game engine limitations.
Better CPU ,bye,bye exploit.Seta x10 works if you're under fire in an enemy sector...nothing will fire a bullet (or laser beam :roll: )

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 12:15

That even helps recharging your shields when in a fighter.
Fast firing weapons like PBE are severely crippled because they end up with less than 10% of their DPS and lasers can barely hit any more because they often skip a fighter in their path during one frame instead of smoothly flying into it and colliding.

If it's a SETA exploit depends on your computer and on how much is going on in the sector.
X3 can go into power saving mode without SETA.
And when it does, random scripts (like scripts that pull triggers) are frozen "until further notice".
Ships may simply stop dead in space.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 20:21

I've been killed while using that seta trick in a suped up kestral. The A.I. autopilot is a complicated thing and when you throw time accelleration and quantum physics at it it just tries to survive!

Ok so what have we learned so far as far as using seta..... It can make you money, It can guarentee your pods hit every time, It can help you recharge your shields in a dogfight, IT WILL ATTEMPT TO FLY THROUGH THE GATE WHILE A BATTLESHIP IS COMING OUT OF IT.......OUCH!!!!

Ow and this is unrelated but two days ago I crashed into the ODEN while doing a recon sweep of terran space. (Oden is fracking huge ship with the three "arms" that come out the front the size of buildings.) I tried to avoid it but slamed into the right most arm on the inside center. Insta-death to my 5MJ shielded Kestral. I hear that appearently this ship is rare and I must admit this is the only one I have ever seen. It jumped through the orbital accelerator as I was manually flying through it. normally I would have never seen it because I prefer to use a jumpdrive however jumpdrives do not work in Terran orbital accelerators.. I play vanilla 2.5 by the way and was immediately impressed by the artwork that went into the 3 "armed" ship. But was quickly overcome with a stabbing at the spacebar and a pressing of the W and S keys and the backspace key while trying to fly in a direction that didn't include slamming into the Oden however I did indeed crash into it. And it was as much an honer to crash into it because it took up the entire screen as it emerged out of the accelerator and I did get the privalledge to look at it for 20 secounds.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 00:09

It's always a bit of a gamble when ever you enter a gate when the little dots of lights are cycling towards you; which is the cue for an incoming ship.

But what's worse is when you exit a gate, and don't get out of the way... and bam!

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 02:59

Please notice that disobeying the traffic signals is against the law. Violaters are subject to a warning for first time offenders and a 500 credit fine for repeat offenders. This includes you Mr. Reeves :!:

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 01:03

in the spirit of capping (a thread) I will relate my own negative experience with 1000% SETA.
It's not an exploit, rather the opposite. I dub it the SETA Gate Imploit.

So there I am, in my Kestrel, doing one of the interminable espionage missions following a disco which outpaces all of my bigger ships. I get to the gate where a few M6 pop out after my quarry has jumped and fly around for a minute to let my quarry get far enough ahead in the next sector. I then make a beeline for the gate, because the opsreys are getting uncomfortably accurate and I am in a ship made from tissue paper with an inflated balloon for a shield.

I fling myself at the gate at 600 - odd m/s, hit SETA to speed things up... and fly THROUGH the gate. Not through as in into the warp tunnel and the next sector, but through as in in front of... through... behind.

SETA has caused my comp to miss the collision event between my itty bitty ship and the gate warp surface. Shortly after that it doesn't miss the collision event between the station-class asteroid further along my trajectory and my itty bitty ship. Lucky I'm not playing DiD.
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”