Rocks & Asteroids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CHAZZ
x3tc

Rocks & Asteroids

Post by CHAZZ » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 22:37

I've read somewhere that ill things can happen when fumbling with those loose rocks out there in the x-universe (TC).
I would like to hear from you guys what is the fuss all about? Maybe I will go soon after those floating rocks out there, but don't want to shoot me in my foot if in the future something unplanned happens with them.
Can the loose rocks be shot at, ore-colected? If yes, do they respawn, etc?
Thanks.

Jack Slinger
x3tc

Post by Jack Slinger » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 22:44

You can place mine (stations) on to the large asteroids and you can mine the little ones with the ore collector and a weapon.
Spoiler
Show
Mining the small rocks of nividium in kingdom end is very profitable if you do it OOS because then there's an unlimited supply. Useful for me because I don't want to cheat but desperately want enough money to build a good complex or two!

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 23:35

The thing I don't like is that they made the smaller rocks re-spawn in TC since 2.1 (or so I've heard). Wish they'd made it an optional feature, instead. I liked that in Reunion that you could clear sectors of rocks, permanently.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 02:39

Threesixtyci wrote:The thing I don't like is that they made the smaller rocks re-spawn in TC since 2.1 (or so I've heard). Wish they'd made it an optional feature, instead. I liked that in Reunion that you could clear sectors of rocks, permanently.
According to this thread, rocks only respawn if you collect the entire group. If you destroy them, they stay destroyed.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 21:15

:lol: but I wanna make a profit, at the same time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”