Sector Invasion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bmanz

Sector Invasion

Post by bmanz » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 23:09

I have been playing x3 TC for awhile now, and i have a vast armada of titans (several hunderd of them). All are fully upgraded with 4 2gj sheld a piece, 24 photon pulse cannons, 8 Cluster Flack arrays, and 8 Cuncussion impulse generators. Im currently at a point where even obliterateing a whole race on a whim would not be a problem except for one thing.....

I can easily take over a sector and hold it, however, the enimy stations i destroy while takeing control will respawn. This is not a problem in and of itself, except, every time this happens i have to issue all new orders to destroy them (otherwise my patroling ships will just ignore them). This means that i would have to actually look at the sector, see that the station is there, and order the destroyers in that sector to destroy it, every time it respawns. so my question is...

Is there a script/mod that can give me the ability to order my ships to do this every time they respawn. "invade sector" dose not work. If I use invade sector it will do this for me untill the sector is clear then the order will stop. Basicly what i want is something like "patrol sector" only for enimy stations insted of ships only. This way i could tell my ships once to destroy all enimy stations in the sector, and they would never stop. If i order a ship to patrol a sector, it dosent searching for hostile ships if the sector is clear. please let me know if there is a script/function that will do this for enimy stations. If im missing something that is in the game feel free to inform me!

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 23:34

Install this script:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791
It is what you are looking for. :wink:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

bmanz

Post by bmanz » Thu, 19. Nov 09, 02:38

Thankyou so much! I had one hell of a time searching for this, kinda hard to describe in google in under 5 words. Even looked at several script sights and could not spot one. You have saved me much grief in my game! Gonna save my game, and see what happens when i clear various races off the universe just for fun :twisted: Never used a cheat yet btw hehehe

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Thu, 19. Nov 09, 02:56

STO works really well if you want a way to prevent respawns and conquer sectors.
It also allows you to pick and choose what race, and what factories, you want to settle in your conquered sector.
Overall, I find it's pretty good for what I need it for.
You're welcome. :wink:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

graveerror
x3tc

Post by graveerror » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 21:05

I find this script is just what am looking for but am new to all this and tho my knowledge on computers is limited my x3 game skills are to be reckoned with.... I have tried installing your script to no avail (mainly because I haven't got a clue how) I've tried via the plug-in manager as well as some other crazy methods :cry: and yes i have activated my SE I run v2.5.... am not sure if I have posted this in the right location but please help :D

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 21:28

Download the 7 zip file; http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791
Extract it to your desktop using 7 zip; http://www.7-zip.org/
Put the files that you see in the "scripts" folder, into the "scripts" folder in your X3 Terran Conflict directory.
Put the files that you see in the "t" folder, into the "t" folder in your X3 Terran Conflict directory.

In the game, go into the main menu, gameplay, set controls, and look for STO. Assign a key to it. (I use "s").

Go back into game, press that key, and the STO menu will open. It's pretty self explanatory.

To use it, go into a sector (ie, a pirate sector), destroy the shipyard / trading station / equipment dock if there, then, in the main menu on top under pilot, go to advanced, set pirates to "foe" and transmit that to all reachable properties. you can set it back to friend after the sector goes to you. This does not happen immediately, sometimes you have to wait ten or so minutes for the script to cycle and convert the sector ownership to you.

That's it. Works like a charm. I"ve been using it since it first came out, and it's just superb.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 22:19

graveerror wrote:I find this script ...
What script? This is not a "thread of a script". You must ask in the appropriate thread, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url].

graveerror
x3tc

Post by graveerror » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 23:56

sorry just learning to navigate this site... and thankyou for the detailed info i will be trying it asap

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”