Paranoid Earth Torus

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

imperium3
x3tc

Paranoid Earth Torus

Post by imperium3 » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 14:36

Is there a way to stop the script that makes the Earth Torus blow up anything which misbehaves? I have a few ideas for that sector...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 14:43

Edit the tships file and remove the guns from the Lt's :)

That way you dont change any logic, but they cant kill you either.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 14:48

Nerver toyed with that but there are "turrets" littering the sector. If they actually have to shoot/hit you, you could move them like 1500 km away.
That way they aren't destroyed and won't be rebuilt. =)
That can be done without a mod.

But be better if you find the script that triggers the attack.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 14:59

There are some scripts related to the torus. I'm not sure if it actually relies on guns to destroy objects.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 17:09

Found the script. It's called !fight.defend.earth. Seems to handle destroying wayward pilots, as well as rebuilding the Torus' lasertowers if they get destroyed. I'll see what happens if I remove it from the game files.

EDIT: Tested it and it didn't cause any issues. Removing the script basically means that you can now get away with murder in Earth orbit, and you won't get blown up. A shame to find out the Torus doesn't seem to go all the way round the planet though.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 18:00

imperium3 wrote:A shame to find out the Torus doesn't seem to go all the way round the planet though.
:rofl: That's exactly why those turret's were placed there - to prevent nosy players from trying to fly into the area where you can see that only a small part of the torus is a modell

If the torus would be a full model your computer would disintegrate if you try to enter the sector.

In some games you have invisible walls, in some games insuperable hedgerows -> not possible in a Spacegame-> turrets ;)

Depends on what you want to do but you should prevent the player from flying 'behind' the torus
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Fri, 20. Nov 09, 19:19

Maybe the Terrans should plant a hedge around the Torus :lol:

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 11:21

Actually it's nothing to do with the game's performance, the Terrans just don't want nosey foreigners finding out that they've actually only built a small amount of Torus in front of the gate for defence, and the rest is a carboard cutout. :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 18:43

EmperorJon wrote:Actually it's nothing to do with the game's performance, the Terrans just don't want nosey foreigners finding out that they've actually only built a small amount of Torus in front of the gate for defence, and the rest is a carboard cutout. :lol:
LoL

no, rather like, there should be another gate, which leads to an other part of the earth sector.

If you notice, there are some beacons around the torus and the gate. Thats the part, where you are allowed to be. Hence knows what is actually placed in the earth sector... (in fiction of course)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”