Is Boron Heavy Hydra price wrong?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Druitt

Is Boron Heavy Hydra price wrong?

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 17:01

It is almost twice what its peers cost, and I've seen one suggestion that it should be 15M, not 25M. Is this a generally-acknowledged bug?

If it is, I'd be willing to cheat to get it for 15M. (Not sure what options I have on a Mac, though, since we don't get the editor.)

Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 17:05

Try a memory debugger and freeze the credits in the game?

Surely these exist even for Macs. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 18:11

As far as I know, the Heavy Hydra is suppost to cost 25mil. Besides making money in TC isn't all that hard.

Sidenote: if the Hyp was buyable it would cost just over 40mil.

Druitt

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 19:04

OK, it just seems that all the other Heavy variants are about 60% more (around 15M total) than their non-Heavy base ships, while the Heavy Hydra is more than twice as expensive as its base. Seems like it's for Role Playing only, or if you already have an empire and need to spend money. (To be honest, I am Role Playing a bit, as I'd like to stick to Boron ships if possible, but the M6 level is making me think twice.)

And the Heavy Hydra doesn't seem to have any spec that makes it particularly better than other Heavy M6's. Not to mention that the Hydra is no great shakes compared to its peers since it has the smallest weapons generator of all -- it would actually be a step down from my M3+'s generator. I could use ammo'd weapons, since it does hold a lot, but I'm not really a fan of the slow EBC. (Tried it for a while on my Skate Prototype and have switched to PRGs all the way around.)

Money's fairly easy to come by, but it's taken me a while to get to 9M, and that means a Hydra is an any-moment purchase, and a Heavy <non-Hydra) isn't that far away, but a Heavy Hydra is way, way far away.

In terms of cheats, I assume scripts cannot do the job, but rather the game editor, right?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 19:08

Druitt wrote:In terms of cheats, I assume scripts cannot do the job, but rather the game editor, right?
You should ask in the Scripts forum.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 19:43

Druitt wrote:
And the Heavy Hydra doesn't seem to have any spec that makes it particularly better than other Heavy M6's.
I think Ion Disruptors can only be fitted to the Hydra.... as far as buyable M6 class is concerned

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 20:15

With the major issue of X* being that you need to build stations to park your cash that exceeds 2 bil cheating this particular louse corvette is kind of lame. It is not the worst of its kind but the only use I found for it was really towing. There are better ships for any other role.

Druitt

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 21:44

kurush wrote:With the major issue of X* being that you need to build stations to park your cash that exceeds 2 bil cheating this particular louse corvette is kind of lame. It is not the worst of its kind but the only use I found for it was really towing. There are better ships for any other role.
Considering I've been playing for a couple of weeks and have 9M, a price differential of 10M for the next logical ship for me to get, given my playstyle, would be worth cheating. That is, assuming that the 25M is a typo and should be 15M, like all the other M6+ out there.

I'd prefer not to go for ships that are generally acknowledged to be overpowered (though I'd also not prefer the weakest of its kind). I'd prefer Boron ships if they're reasonable choices, for taste and role-playing value. Given the bottom-of-the-class stats of the (non-Heavy) Hydra and the huge price differential for a Heavy Hydra, I guess I will go shopping with other races when I get the necessary rep. Hate to do it, though, hence why I might be willing to cheat on that one.

And yes, someday I'll have so many billions that I need off-shore accounts to hold them all. In which case, I will probably not have any use for an M6, and perhaps not for the game at all.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 21:51

Why not just go and steal one? That way, they're no more expensive than any other 'heavy'. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kriszo
x3tc

Post by Kriszo » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 22:55

Nanook wrote:Why not just go and steal one? That way, they're no more expensive than any other 'heavy'. :fg:
They are, you have to repair it, and its proportional for base price, I think :wink:

Druitt

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:04

Nanook wrote:Why not just go and steal one? That way, they're no more expensive than any other 'heavy'. :fg:
And shoot those cute little squids! By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, they shall be avenged!

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:25

Druitt wrote:
Nanook wrote:...By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, they shall be avenged!
yeah...he went there...

:lol:
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:28

Kriszo wrote:
They are, you have to repair it,...
Only if you have a bunch of heavy-handed marines. Good engineers don't cause damage. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Druitt

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:51

Nanook wrote:Only if you have a bunch of heavy-handed marines. Good engineers don't cause damage. :P
He thinks for a moment, takes a puff on his cigar, looks you in the eye and says, "I prefer to think of myself as an armed engineer... a well-armed engineer."

Reminds me of a story I read once:

If you tell a Marine officer to “secure the building,” but give him no more instruction, he will plan an assault. His troops will come in from two perpendicular directions, preceded by mortar and artillery fire, with F-18s flying close air support overhead. They will rain destruction on the structure, and then under the concealment of smoke, move into the building with two platoons, clearing each room of the building with grenades and bursts of small arms fire. When every room has been cleared they will go to the roof and raise a flag. Then the Marine officer will return and declare that the building has been secured.

If you tell an Army officer to “secure the building,” he will lead his men to the building, they will enter it and start knocking out the windows. Filling each opening with sandbags, they will surround the structure with barbed wire and claymores (these are directional command detonated mines). He will personally emplace his machineguns in the best locations to cover the “likely avenues of enemy approach,” and after 24 hours the structure will be fit to hold off an attack from a force three times the size of the Army unit inside. He will then report that the building has been secured.

If you tell a Navy officer to “secure the building,” he shuts down the computers, spins the dial on the lock of the file cabinet, turns off the lights and locks the front door.

If you tell an Air Force officer to “secure the building,” he looks it up on Google Maps, gets his contracting agent, and heads down to the local real estate agent where he takes out a 20 year lease with an option to buy.

Druitt

Post by Druitt » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 23:53

Nanook wrote:Only if you have a bunch of heavy-handed marines. Good engineers don't cause damage. :P
I believe you that I can hire delicate marines. It's their boss who is a heavy-handed negotiator.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 26. Nov 09, 02:44

Your ranks should be approaching the area where 4-5 million credit missions are common and the return ship missions allow returning that M6 or M8 to the wrong shipyard for a 5-8 million credit profit.

Credits flow faster and faster as you trade and fight rank increase.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”