[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LloydB
x4

Post by LloydB » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 18:49

Is there anything I need to do differently for a windows 10 install, if I try to run a modded game with scripts via Plugin manager or via the usual shortcut X3 Reunion crashes :( , I have to run a vanilla game to play the game

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Run manager and get a 'open from downloads folder' screen?

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 10:30

Bearishmouse wrote:I am having a strange problem.

When I run the manager for the first time it does not go to the main menu but instead opens up my downloads folder.

Even though I have a mod pack in there it can't detect it.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Edit: When I tried reinstalling the software, the first time I tried to run the program I received a Windows Error code 470 before the behavior went back to the above.
The directory folder will show the first time you run it if it cant find the game installation, you need to tell it where the game is.

not sure the other error, but if its not getting past the error, you could try deleting the pluginmanager.dat file that should be in mydocuments/egosoft
then try again.

make sure you select the folder that contains the game exe, so for AP, you would select the TC directory rather than addon

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 10:32

LloydB wrote:Is there anything I need to do differently for a windows 10 install, if I try to run a modded game with scripts via Plugin manager or via the usual shortcut X3 Reunion crashes :( , I have to run a vanilla game to play the game
Shouldn't need to do anything differently in Windows 10.

where does the crash happen, is it at the begining or after the main menu you are starting/loading a game ?

also, what type of crash is it.

is it possible you have tryed to install TC/AP mods into X3R?

Bearishmouse

Post by Bearishmouse » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 11:24

Thank you very much! Since I had it installed on a separate hard disk in my steam folder it could not detect it.

Cheers, I feel like a bit of an idiot for not working it out myself.

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 17:06

Hey Cycrow.

Could you please share the secret of adding ships to shipyard - how the plugin manager does it?

I basically screw up and mixed using the PM with the X3Ed2, now I am in a bit uncomfy situation where if I launch PM it will overwrite changes I made with X3Ed2... (yes I can copy stuff over, I used .txt for saving my changes so that I can easily put them back in, but still...).
So I wanted to remove the ships from some shipyards on my own, without use of PM, then do some nice cleanup and think how to package my changes together and make .spk out of it.
Trouble is, I have no idea how PM is adding them to shipyards :) I've been peeking around, thinking it might be a script as I can see no related things in .cat's, but no luck.

Cheers,
Sepa
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Jul 16, 14:35

The PM uses a collection of scripts and a text file to add ships to shipyards.
The text file is written by the PM when you close it.

This text file contains a number of things included the ids of all custom ships as well as the shipyard flags.

The scripts then use this to convert the shipid into the type id used within the game.

Then simply searches the universe for all race shipyards and add the ship to it if the flag is set to 1

It also holds information about deleted ships so it can remove these from the shipyards when they are removed

For making changes with the X3 Editor, what are you changing, the data of the ships you have installed, or other things ?

The files created by the plugin manager are auto generated, so you shouldn't modify them, as they will just be created again next time you run it.

To make changes to installed ships, its best to open the ship files into the Creator and make changes there, save and reinstall.

For making changes to other ships, then if you copy the existing TShips from the game and put it into a new fake patch, then make your changes there. When you run the plugin manager, it'll read those changes and include them into its generated files

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 12:04

Hey,

Thanks for your answer.

On the main topic there:
So, if I would like to remove ships automatically added, I would need to find the magic file and mark the ships as deleted, so that script can remove them? Can you tell me where the file is please?

I am using XRM - as per changes - Ships and Jobs as usual :) Adding some Cylon Raiders to Xenons, Firefly to Pirates, and some Colonial Vipers and Raptors to Yakis. Also did a dock change for Carrack, ship of that size being only able to dock M5 was kind of silly.
Plus re-enabled ammo for mass drivers, as Vipers are made with minimal laser energy and meant to use MDs only (but they are really fast to compensate).

I used to change things thrugh ship editor, but hit a wall when I needed to edit guns (default Viper had 2 only, I wanted 6 to compensate for low DPS of MDs) - so I started to use X2ED.

But, then I found that I can import Ships data into editor from game files, so now I can do some nice magic easily :) Though I think I seen some errors with variation index being out of range, I think XRM uses indexes over 20 there.

So far I use separate Jobs, Laser and TShips .pck's, I will pack them into fake patch as you suggest!

On the side note, I slowly start thinking of making a set of mass driver weapons, some sharing same ammo, some being a bit bigger with heavier ammo. I don't believe it is possible to make a weapon that ignores shields, but when they are down it deals more damage?
I.E. 10 hull, 5 shields damage, BUT when shields are down - 15 hull?

One more thing a bit off topic - I have a set of slightly edited Wing Commands scripts, to add some operations like Collect Wares - I use them with some Lua G19 scripts to manage my wings - would you be interested in these, maybe to release in next version of Wing Commands?
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

Vomitron

Where are the savegames stored?

Post by Vomitron » Sat, 16. Jul 16, 22:29

Alright very funny, we had our laugh. Can you now please tell me where the savegames went to? :wink:

My ship got stuck in a shipyard due to some bizarre graphical bug in X3AP. Not wanting to go back to my previous savegame (taken 30 gamehours earlier) I decided to just cheat my way out.

I installed the plugun manager half an hour ago, enabled "modified mode" and next hing I know all my savegames were gone. Disabling the savegame manager did not help and uninstalling the plugin manager did not either. Note that I had not installed any script at that point, just the basic ones supplied with the manager.

I checked the plugin folders in the game directories (both TC and AP) and the plugin manager directory, but there are zero savegames there. The game directory in my User folders (Windows 10) is empty as well.

Is there any other location that I should look at? Losing my 400+ hours savegames would drive me pretty mad.

Exidrial
x4

Post by Exidrial » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 00:33

Where does the plugin manager move the save games when installing?

It removed my savegames and I would like to have them back because I spent a shit ton of time in those -____-

Nevermind: Switching profiles like a madman eventually made my savegames appear in \Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\save

I was about to swear...Maybe include a functionality in the program that shows you all savegames the program has saved?

kabivel@gmail.com

Post by kabivel@gmail.com » Fri, 9. Sep 16, 18:25

Hello,

I have som 3d models from ships that i wanted to put in X³ TC. Can i use the package creator to create a ship from scratch ? There is any tutorial, guide or help for this. I have looked and connot find.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 12. Sep 16, 10:34

No, the package creator is the final step in getting the ships into the game.

first you will need to convert the ships into the X format, using the DBOX tool.

this requires using either 3D Studio, or gmax

kabivel@gmail.com

Post by kabivel@gmail.com » Mon, 12. Sep 16, 13:23

Cycrow wrote:No, the package creator is the final step in getting the ships into the game.

first you will need to convert the ships into the X format, using the DBOX tool.

this requires using either 3D Studio, or gmax
Ty for you replay, i already have the ship in X Game format, need know assistance to inport into game.

DanielArtaxes
x4

Post by DanielArtaxes » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 02:21

So I am not sure what is going on but I cannot seem to get the Package Creator to convert any ship to xsp. as it is loading the data it always stops at "extracting textures" and no matter how long you let it wait. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or what's going on can you please help?

RustInPieces
x4

Please help

Post by RustInPieces » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 18:33

Hello. I used the plugin manager before with no problems. I have reinstalled X3TC on a new system using windows 10. The plugin manager installed fine, I set the game to modified, and enabled the script editor. However, none of the mods I am using are working. I am using the cheat plugin (infinite salvage insurance), Memia auto scan sector, and memia auto advanced satellite. I can not change artificial life settings, and I do not see hotkeys for cheat plugin or other plugin manager plugins.
Neither the game or the plugin manager are in protected directories.

edit: I have not tried nosteam. I need the steam overlay. I use it to view twitch chat when I am streaming.

edit: I installed the latest patch on egosofts website into my steam X3TC directory, and made a shortcut to the included exe. If I run the shortcut, the mods work. However, steam overlay is disabled. Maybe I can try adding it as a non steam game? BRB, going to try.

edit: added x3tc.exe as a non steam game, made a desktop shortcut to it in steam, and launched it. Mods work, and steam overlay works. Score!

Malakie
x4

Need some help...

Post by Malakie » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 03:42

I had to reinstall to a new drive, my games.

Did so clean. Installed the mods I use normally. Game runs and plays with no problems at all.

However, now when I try to install ships, even one, the game corrupts.

Basically if I install a ship and start a new game, I get a box of icons for a cursor and apparently I die right off the bat as the game over anim plays...

If I then remove the ships, the game STAYS corrupt like even though I again try to start a new game.

As long as I do not try to install a ship via the Plugin Manager, the game and the mods I installed work just fine..

Any help on this?

UPDATE: 17DEC2016

Been doing some troubleshooting. Strangely with a lot of trial and error, I was able to figure out it is something in the ship.pcx file however whatever is being corrupted is due to the Package installer tool.

If I first load all my ships, install any SPK's I want to use then EXIT, everything is fine. If I then install the rest of my scripts manually, again everything is fine.

Doing it this way only entering the package installer once, everything works in the game and no issues.

However, if I exit the plugin manager for any reason after I have exited it the first time, it corrupts the ships.pcx file regardless of what I do.

At first I had thought it might be one of the ships I was using. that is not the case. It does not matter if I had installed one ship or 200 ships.. the same result. If I open the package manager after having been in it once, it corrupts the ships file.

Now, while the game appears to run fine, I am also NOT able to use the current X3 Editor 2 to modify or edit the ships file. It gives an error and will not allow that file to load there either.... even though the game plays just fine...

Summary, something is happening when the current plugin manager is saving out the ships file and as long as you do not go back into the plugin manager a second time, the game will work but you cannot edit anything or change anything.

I hope Cycrow can read this and see if there is something that can be done about this.... I really would like to get back to playing again...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Malakie
x4

Have not heard from Cycrow in the Plugin Manager thread so thought maybe others?

Post by Malakie » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 01:17

I had to reinstall to a new drive, my games.

Did so clean. Installed the mods I use normally. Game runs and plays with no problems at all.

However, now when I try to install ships, even one, the game corrupts.

Basically if I install a ship and start a new game, I get a box of icons for a cursor and apparently I die right off the bat as the game over anim plays...

If I then remove the ships, the game STAYS corrupt like even though I again try to start a new game.

As long as I do not try to install a ship via the Plugin Manager, the game and the mods I installed work just fine..

Any help on this?

UPDATE: 17DEC2016

Been doing some troubleshooting. Strangely with a lot of trial and error, I was able to figure out it is something in the ship.pcx file however whatever is being corrupted is due to the Package installer tool.

If I first load all my ships, install any SPK's I want to use then EXIT, everything is fine. If I then install the rest of my scripts manually, again everything is fine.

Doing it this way only entering the package installer once, everything works in the game and no issues.

However, if I exit the plugin manager for any reason after I have exited it the first time, it corrupts the ships.pcx file regardless of what I do.

At first I had thought it might be one of the ships I was using. that is not the case. It does not matter if I had installed one ship or 200 ships.. the same result. If I open the package manager after having been in it once, it corrupts the ships file.

Now, while the game appears to run fine, I am also NOT able to use the current X3 Editor 2 to modify or edit the ships file. It gives an error and will not allow that file to load there either.... even though the game plays just fine...

Summary, something is happening when the current plugin manager is saving out the ships file and as long as you do not go back into the plugin manager a second time, the game will work but you cannot edit anything or change anything.

I hope Cycrow can read this and see if there is something that can be done about this.... I really would like to get back to playing again...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 10:49

***Merged with Plugin Manager thread***

Even if Cycrow is currently not around, the Plugin Manager thread is correct place to post about issues with the Plugin Manager.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zdan30
x4

cant add ships or detect mods/scripts in game

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 16:55

Hi ive been trying to get this to work for 2 days now,pretty much my entire weekend.
I bought the game via steam recently as i wanted to try Rebirth and X TC-AP.

Im using the latest version of plug in manager and it seems simple to use but for the life of me i cant seem to get things to work.

So im using Win10 and the no steam exe

Would really like to get this working as i have time off soon.

I did manage to get one ship in game and that was after a fresh install of the game via steam and all i did was move the directory and add the no steam exe,i then added the directory to the plug in manager,added the ship file,went in game,targeted the shipyard,clicked info and scrolled down and there it was.

since then ive not been able to replicate this once,i have nothing in my AL settings in game and even enabling the script editor doesnt seem to show me any scripts ive added.

Im clearly doing something massively wrong so im hoping someone can help.
Im happy to provide any information you need to help me.

if i could just get a couple of ships in game a TL an M1 and a TS id be happy and a couple of scripts.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 18:36

**Merged with Plugin Manager thread**

Make sure that the Plugin Manager is turned to Modified mode, otherwise installed scripts and mods won't be loaded.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 22:03

Of all the things i didnt realise it could be this was it

Q: When trying to use Albion Prelude the plugin manager seems to show it was Terran Conflict
A: First make sure that in the drop down menu, it shows the correct AP directory, if its correct, then the plugin manager has detected the game wrong. To fix it, delete the file, "My Documents/Egosoft/pluginmanager.dat" then reload the plugin manager (and add the directory again if its not detected)

After doing this it all just seemed to work

I should i noticed this sooner and i only have my self to blame but maybe posting this someone else might benefit even though it is on the first page

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”