X3TC Star Trek Ships Docking bay graphics problem.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JohmHamm
x3

X3TC Star Trek Ships Docking bay graphics problem.

Post by JohmHamm » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 15:39

I am able to put any ship in now with any cockpit in TC , and ships can take off and land from them (all this has been a bit hard to figure out, more than likely the hardest game I have ever modded) but some of the ships are missing the docking bays I.E. the Excelsior class and the Miranda class

There is just a big hole in the model where the bays should be, so you can see into the inner part of the model. I can still dock on them and take off just fine.

The Miranda has 2 bays and the one that you take off from is there in full all textures no prob, but not the landing one. The Excelsior has two bays as well one bay is completely not there (just like the Miranda) but the other bay has some blank graphic that say's untextured. anyone's help is appreciated.

John W. Hamm

BTW I am using the X3 Editors to install these and not the Script Manager.
The editors are a one shot deal and they work every time it is alot more time consuming and difficult but it makes it easier to do a fake patch or a mod this way. BTW the Trek ships look stunning in X3TC, as do the Star Wars ships far better than they did in X3R (and they are the same models go figure). Now if I could just fix this last problem.

dragondream
x3tc

Post by dragondream » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 17:43

I wasn't even aware that there were Star Trek and Star Wars ships for TC. :o

If you get the textures fixed please share them with us, (or if you got them off the web please share the link)...

JohmHamm
x3

Post by JohmHamm » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 23:10

dragondream wrote:I wasn't even aware that there were Star Trek and Star Wars ships for TC. :o

If you get the textures fixed please share them with us, (or if you got them off the web please share the link)...

I would be happy to share them if I can get this last issue resolved. Yes so far I have:

all the BSG ships (those were all from Killerog's Mod though)

Imperial SD
Tie Fighter
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
Corrilian Corvette
Nebulon-B Frigate
X-wing
YT-1300
Buck Rogers Thunderer (Starfighter)
Excelsior Class - no hanger but docking works
Miranda Class - no hanger but docking works
Intrepid Class
Type VI Shuttle
Bird of Prey

These are the ones I have in so far all of them are from X3R they all have working shields, weapons and cockpits. I plan to add the rest soon.

If I did send them out it would have to be done in a mod or false patch. because all work has been done with X3 Editor 2.0

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 23:17

I am down for a few of those :D
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 23:46

you have to merge the components and dummies.txt as well...
otherwise the ships can't find the custom hangars/custom turrets (if they have some, and that seems to be the case)
propably you have to merge the CutData.txt as well.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

JohmHamm
x3

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 02:14

Killjaeden wrote:you have to merge the components and dummies.txt as well...
otherwise the ships can't find the custom hangars/custom turrets (if they have some, and that seems to be the case)
Merge them into which file? can you give me an example? or should all three reflect each other? what exactly is the CutData file? it appeared to me just to be a file that would allow the game to use specific scenes as cut scenes on the front end.

John W. Hamm

JohmHamm
x3

Pic of one of my success in adding the ships

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 07:50

JohmHamm
x3

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 07:53

Sorry this was supposed to go into the thread I created on having trouble adding the trek ships it was not supposed to be in a thread of its own if a moderator could please move it to the other thread I would be greatfull

John W. Hamm

{***Merged*** jlehtone}

JohmHamm
x3

The hard part is over

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 11:18

Well you were right about the CutData.txt the problem was i didn't have a file for it I used some guide i found online that walked you through converting X3R ships into X3TC and he said the only files that were important were the t-ships and one other that was in the type folder
well as it turns out all of them are very important.

SO at any rate I have now spent 80 hours this week learning how and porting in ships (most was spent learning, re-learning and finding out I had to start all over several times) but I would say I have my journeyman's license in this game at porting and adding ships. Without a ship creator.

So now I am working on adding the last of the star trek ships in
SO far this is the list of ships I will have and they will all have cockpits.

All BSG ships in killerog's mod

Star Trek

Excelsior
Miranda
Excelsior Refit
Ontario
Oberth
Galaxy
Sovereign
Type VI shuttle
Intrepid
Constellation Refit
Defiant
Maquis Raider
Akira
Bird of Prey
Vorcha
Dderidex
Nebula
and I'm going to try to get the delta flyer to work

Star Wars

Star Destroyer
Nebulan B
X-Wing
Tie Fighter
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
YT-1300
Corrilian Corvette
I would add the A and B wing if I could find them

and the Buck Rogers Star Fighter (AKA EDD Thunderer)

John W. Hamm

testmod
x3tc

Post by testmod » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 11:44

so... when are gonna share these ships (ST)?

:D :D :D :D :D

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 13:35

Note: If these are ships from X3R, AFAIK you still need to get the original owner's permission in order to share them here. They probably won't mind, but I think a few are DeadlyDa's and he has brought those into TC himself via DDTC.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 13:44

and he said the only files that were important were the t-ships and one other that was in the type folder
Tships and Tcockpits...
Tships is importand (obviously)
If the ship uses unique Weaponlayout for turrets you need to copy the new entries from Tcockpits too.

If the ship uses new external docking dummies(-without new model) or new turret dummies you need the bodyfiles of the turrets (of course) and you have to include the entries for Components.txt and Dummies.txt

If the ship uses new docking dummies with new model (=internal dummies) you have to include the entries in CutData too(beside components and dummies)

Either the author didn't know or wanted to save time, in the end he only told half the truth.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

JohmHamm
x3

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 21:25

imperium3 wrote:Note: If these are ships from X3R, AFAIK you still need to get the original owner's permission in order to share them here. They probably won't mind, but I think a few are DeadlyDa's and he has brought those into TC himself via DDTC.

That is why in my original thread I said I was not going to disseminate anything, When it gets down to brass tacks considering the cockpit mod, the BSG mod, all the ships in it, all the different ships in star trek and like you said some were made by deadly others were made by various people, then when it comes to the ship some one else did the models and so on and so on and there is no damn way I am going to hunt down 100000 people and say "may I pretty please allow others to play with the toys you already let them play with?"

No sir at no time did I say I was going to hand anything out. I made the statement it would be easy to make a mod or a false patch with the way I was installing them but I didn't say I was going too.I understand that it's not so much that they don't want others to use their stuff it's that people want credit for the hard work they put in. and rightfully so! but to be honest I just spent over 80 hours learning and doing the functions (more learning then doing) necessary to do all of this and there is noway I am going to hunt down each and every person that worked on every ship, model and mod that these ships were involved with. My wife is already mad at me for the amount of time I wasted doing this I'm not pushing my luck. So good luck and have fun.

StormMagi
x4

Re: The hard part is over

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 22:15

JohmHamm wrote:

Well you were right about the CutData.txt the problem was i didn't have a file for it I used some guide i found online that walked you through converting X3R ships into X3TC and he said the only files that were important were the t-ships and one other that was in the type folder
well as it turns out all of them are very important.

SO at any rate I have now spent 80 hours this week learning how and porting in ships (most was spent learning, re-learning and finding out I had to start all over several times) but I would say I have my journeyman's license in this game at porting and adding ships. Without a ship creator.

So now I am working on adding the last of the star trek ships in
SO far this is the list of ships I will have and they will all have cockpits.

All BSG ships in killerog's mod

Star Trek

Excelsior
Miranda
Excelsior Refit
Ontario
Oberth
Galaxy
Sovereign
Type VI shuttle
Intrepid
Constellation Refit
Defiant
Maquis Raider
Akira
Bird of Prey
Vorcha
Dderidex
Nebula
and I'm going to try to get the delta flyer to work

Star Wars

Star Destroyer
Nebulan B
X-Wing
Tie Fighter
Tie Advanced
Tie Bomber
YT-1300
Corrilian Corvette
I would add the A and B wing if I could find them

and the Buck Rogers Star Fighter (AKA EDD Thunderer)

John W. Hamm
I think I have the awing and bwing stashed away somewhere along with a number of other Star Wars ships. I will check tomorrow or saturday.
MOD XR Show Skills

JohmHamm
x3

Re: The hard part is over

Post by JohmHamm » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 22:46

StormMagi wrote:
I think I have the awing and bwing stashed away somewhere along with a number of other Star Wars ships. I will check tomorrow or saturday.

Great I appreciate it!

John W. Hamm

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 04:54

Well I have a lot more than I thought from X3R, however I do not know most of the authors as I picked them up from a site that had a lot of ships for X3R over a year ago.

I have over 40 different models, some have two versions 1 with and 1 without a cockpit. Due to some of the filenames (unaltered) I do not know what a few of them are but I have:

Imperial Shuttle
TIE Advanced (with and w/o cockpit)
TIE Bomber (with and w/o cockpit)
TIE Fighter (with and w/o cockpit)
Imperial Star Destroyer (M1 by DeadlyDa)
Nebulon B Frigate (M2 by DeadlyDa)
Basilisk (Split TP by DeadlyDa)
Executor SSD
A Wing
B Wing
E Wing
Firespray
Moldy Crow
R41 Starchaser
TIE Stealth
T Wing
X Wing
Y Wing
XJX Wing (no idea what it is supposed to be :P)
Z95 Headhunter
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
YT-1300 (with and w/o cockpit)
YT-2000 (with and w/o cockpit)

Plus another dozen or so files that aren't labeled well.
MOD XR Show Skills

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 08:56

Killjaeden wrote:Either the author didn't know or wanted to save time, in the end he only told half the truth.
Then a feedback to the author could prevent the next reader of that guide to stumble on the same problems.

In the meantime, your comment is in [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693]TC Tutorials[/url], Killjaeden. ;)

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 13:30

theres a more extensive star wars mod on a the german forum. it has way more ships that are completely textured. i had to translate the text on my own with google translate but the 3 hours that that took was totally worth it to see the executor and eclipse in the game as well as all the classics

JohmHamm
x3

Post by JohmHamm » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 21:25

Dinoff wrote:theres a more extensive star wars mod on a the german forum. it has way more ships that are completely textured. i had to translate the text on my own with google translate but the 3 hours that that took was totally worth it to see the executor and eclipse in the game as well as all the classics

Would you be willing to copy the .cat file you have in your game (that is translated) is would be very easy to then add them into a english version

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 21:38

Dinoff wrote:theres a more extensive star wars mod on a the german forum. it has way more ships that are completely textured. i had to translate the text on my own with google translate but the 3 hours that that took was totally worth it to see the executor and eclipse in the game as well as all the classics
Can you link to that mod? I don't care if it is in German ^_^ I did a search for Star Wars mods the other day and didn't see too much in any of the forums
MOD XR Show Skills

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”