X3TC: Need Help Finding Wraith Missle Factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jerald
x4

X3TC: Need Help Finding Wraith Missle Factory

Post by Jerald » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 07:58

I was told I could find Wraith Missle factories in Mars and Saturn 2. I look all over the place in both sectors and couldn't find it. Any ideas where to look? Thanks.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 08:40

If they are not there in your game, GoD has removed them. You might be able to clone the missiles, if you find at least some. Later in the game, you will be able to build your own factory.

Lord of Nothing
x3tc

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 08:41

This is from memory, but:

Saturn 2: Just to the south-east of the west Tran-orbital.
Mars: Just to the east of the shipyard.

If you can't find them, they've probably been removed. You could try looking round equipment docks that stock them, they might have some left- depends on how long ago the factories disappeared.

If you do find some, keep them for cloning.
Skirnir. No counter-argument possible.

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 09:12

They have been removed. The equipment docks don't even list them anymore. So, the only way to get the missles back is to open my own factory?

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 09:24

Well, no. You can also collect them from gate accidents, or "accidents" that you helped happen ;).

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 10:18

Spoiler
Show
Alternatively finish the Aldrin plot line and you will be able to purchase the factory.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 11:35

Those terran factories jump around and you just need to explore all their space. I had my ghoul fab in the last unknown sector for some time, then it disappeared, then GOD created it back in the same sector. After some time it again disappeared and finally I found it in Venice sector. It does not look like GOD takes factory profit or utilization into a consideration : I was force-feeding it with resources all the time and also automatically buying all missiles it produced.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 12:38

if you've got a pretty good satellite network, the best thing to do is check the encyclopedia for wraith missile, it'll show all factories there
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 16:06

kurush wrote:It does not look like GOD takes factory profit or utilization into a consideration : I was force-feeding it with resources all the time and also automatically buying all missiles it produced.
I have a cheap M5 parked at the Wraith Missile factory in Mars to keep it from being removed.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 16:08

kurush wrote:It does not look like GOD takes factory profit or utilization into a consideration : I was force-feeding it with resources all the time and also automatically buying all missiles it produced.
I have a cheap M5 parked at the Wraith Missile factory in Mars to keep it from being removed. But half of the Terran weapons and missile fabs are completely missing from my game (but I can build them now).

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 16:56

Thanks for all the help. I thought I saw those factories early on in my game, but only decided now to use them. My Spring Blossom was no match for a fleet of Khak Corvettes in one of my fight missions in Boron Territory.

After getting my A*# handed back to me, I licked my wounds, decided to grab my Vidar and vowed to be back with a load of Wraith Missles. When I got back to Terran Space, I looked in the Encyclopedia which described the missles, but didn't list a location which I thought was odd. That should of been my first clue. After that, I looked on a knowledge base site to find where they were supose to be, and that's where I got Mars and Saturn 2. Then it dawned on me, that I vaguely remember seeing them there. I spent the next hour looking all over the sectors for the factories, couldn't find them.

I had never experienced this G.o.d. System taking anything out of my game. It would have been nice, if I was notified first before deciding to take any of my factories.

I hope, I understand this. In short the G.O.d. System is basically a use it or loose it system. I don't see the benefits behind that, I need someone to enlighten me please as to how that benefits my game?

Also, thanks for all the suggestions provided. This will definitely be a big help to understanding this whole process.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 17:42

GoD is designed to give a dynamic Universe. It is a necessity.

It will remove stations that aren't contributing to the economy; this, whilst realisitic, is not particularly helpful to the player.

It will also call in a TL to deploy a station in an area where it thinks that that station will contribute to the economy. For example, if there is a 5-sector span with only 2 M-type SPPs and everything is gagging for E-cells then GoD will likely dump an L-type SPP somewhere in there as well to help the demand. This is extremely useful to the player

GoD will never - I repeat - NEVER remove a player factory, or a factory with a player ship docked to it.

It might send a raging hoarde of Pirates against such a factory though :wink:

GoD causes all games to develop differently. For one thing, you often find that under-utilised missiles and weapons just disappear from the Universe. For another, you find that oftentimes the Universe will grow an almost complete economy. Terran space in my game (60 days in) is now quite vibrant, there are about twice the number of factories that there were on my first foray into Terran space.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 18:24

Wow. I didn't even think an AI with that kind of sophistication existed. it's like Big brother. It reminds me of Hal (The Computer) from a movie called 2001 a Space Odessy. Just when I think I learned all there is to know about this game, I'm again in awe.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 21:11

Spychotic wrote:For example, if there is a 5-sector span with only 2 M-type SPPs and everything is gagging for E-cells then GoD will likely dump an L-type SPP somewhere in there as well to help the demand. This is extremely useful to the player
I noticed that last time I flew through Terran space. There were new Terran SPP in nearly all sectors.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 13:52

Jerald wrote:Thanks for all the help. I thought I saw those factories early on in my game, but only decided now to use them. My Spring Blossom was no match for a fleet of Khak Corvettes in one of my fight missions in Boron Territory.
But wraith missile is not a very good idea against khaak corvettes anyways. Its very low speed and bad turn rate makes it an easy target for the khaak beams. You need faster and more agile missiles, like the typhoon, that can be fired from any regular commonwealth M6

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 16:09

Thanks for the heads up on the Wraith Missle. I have a Claymore, Spring Blossom and Vidar. Are there any comparable missles to the Typhoon that I can use against the Khaak Corvettes? Thanks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”