[TC] Mr. Reeves and his aggression/Racism towards the Borons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr. Reeves
x4

Mr. Reeves and his aggression/Racism towards the Borons

Post by Mr. Reeves » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 08:09

Reasons why I hate the boron's and nearly destroyed them before forced to declare truce due to a respawn problem.

They like peace. They don't fight back. They say please too much. Their ships are big and GREEN!!! The large size of their ships make easy targets. They lack a proper working turrent for missle defence. They eject more than other races. Their ships actually seam to slow down when I launch hammers/tomahawks at them. They must believe in the afterlife because they never put up a good fight. They don't sell any neccicery equipment. Seriously the only good ship they have is the angle and I moved on to an M7M and a life of easy credits on game day 3. Thier ships are slow and overshielded. They go down in flames and whine about it when they didn't shoot back. They keep asking me why I'm attacking them. They are bright red to me. I'm on Kill on Sight terms with the queen and they can't touch me in my M8. I've burned down 14 of their approx 30 sectors and all I got for it was a big bag of money I can't spend. That I have made so much money killing them i can't stop if only but to decieve them to re-arm. Becase they let me insult them by building in their sector Kingdom end while we are at war. Because my navy isn't all that big yet and they are loosing horribly. Because their stations are so fun to watch go BOOM; big ugly green turds. Because in Family Whi i got in a fight with their Shark in my M3 and destroyed it before they launched any fighters for fear of what the Split might do I assume. Because every time I show up they give me 60 secounds to blast the hell out of them and launch all my missles before telling me how peaceful they are. And then they sit their bailed out of their space suits while my destroyers munch through the rest of the sector as i sit in my Panther by this time launching the fighters and laughing. Because I can invade in force with my 100 fighters alone and whoop them. Because i say F.U. to the queen and she tells me they are peaceful. Because I'm a bully and I can't get a decent war out of them. Because i keep having to blow up their TL's full of stations and it gets on my nerves. The Khaak corvett offers more of a one on one challenge than that of a boron corvett and that is saaad! I JUST DON'T LIKE THEM. PACIFIST PUSHOVERS. I'M BRINGING A BULLDOZER AS SOON AS I GET THIS ANTI-BORON TASK FORCE BUILT JUST FOR YOU!!! GIVE A FEW MORE DAYS AND I'LL GIVE YOU A GRAVE. ALL BORONS MUST DIE!!!

And lastly because without a sufficiant amount of paperpushing and visits to the shipyard I can't finish the war i started.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Reaper Jack

Post by Reaper Jack » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 19:02

aah, though you can get unique tech from them and you need to be on VERY good terms with them to start the HUB/HQ plots
'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, intellect and reason intended us to forgo their use'-Galileo Galile
Ranks: (TC) Capitalist, Crusader
Currently flying: Split M7 Tiger
Current most expensive ship: OTAS M2 Boreas

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 19:43

I just don't see how the hub is so great. When I want something I organize a task force to go get it. I've been to the xenon core and no hub. I couldn't find it. Also bad news on the front lines today. The borons took out my Boreas. That borease had lots of rare equipment on it I'll be hard pressed to replace. I see this could have me lose the war if they press the attack. I've had my resupply line cut. The front is exposed should they decide to give it a heavy pounding.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Post by DarkTemplar » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 19:44

Reaper Jack wrote:aah, though you can get unique tech from them and you need to be on VERY good terms with them to start the HUB/HQ plots
Yeah, to bad, eh?

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 19:48

well I never had the hub before so I don't see what I'm missing out on. I can get everything I need right now except for the 30 or so IBL I just lost. I stole those guns from the Yaki and they are hard to come by. So i won't be able to insta fit a new destroyer any time soon. And I don't have any more reserves of PPC.

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 20:28

Mr. Reeves wrote: Also bad news on the front lines today. The borons took out my Boreas. That borease had lots of rare equipment on it I'll be hard pressed to replace. I see this could have me lose the war if they press the attack. I've had my resupply line cut. The front is exposed should they decide to give it a heavy pounding.
Well just go up to the OTAS shipyard and buy 20 or 30 replacement Boreas or something. As founding father of the Super-Duper Billionaires Club, this shouldn't be a problem, surely ?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 21:18

Mr. Reeves wrote:well I never had the hub before so I don't see what I'm missing out on...
The PHQ.

M

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 21:18

Just as long as you eat them :lol:

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 03:13

yes as founding father I can't get kicked out of my own club for lack of funds. 30 destroyers would go a long way. however i don't want to pay for them. So I shall steal them. The war effort definately cuts into my revenue stream. Most of my money comes from capping. I rarely do missions. The ones I do take are build missions in areas around my factories to get more customers and I like the asassination missions and when I need race rank I'll take a patrol mission.

As far as income is concerned most of it comes from capping and directly goes into constuction and war. I'm building myself weopon fabs. Mind you i do pay for energy because setting up an energy core is a pain. Takes tooo long. Energy is cheap and buying it gets me a boost of rank.

And i hope that my new venture mining the entire ore and silicone amount in Ore belt will help me in my war effort. I don't intend to sell any of the ore but to manufacture more weopons. I need the mineral content of that entire sector to secure enough resources to build guns and firestorm torpedoes.

As per 2 hours ago i fell back and am officially in "strategic retreat" i'm holding sectors where they would otherwise build shipyards as my major strategy is to destroy the shipyards before they pump out enough ships. I am being defeated by the boron fighters. There are so many. I ran out of Flails. And with the loss of my lionshare of supplies i'm pressed to resupply.

Aw the suspence. Even in defeat I will really give it to them!!!

I could use a hint. I have toooooo much gauss cannon ammo. I make it faster than I can use it. Where can I dump 4 TL worth of the stuff at for a profit? And i don't want to make but one trip.

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 05:06

I love you Mr. Reeves :)

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 09:27

*giggle*

You're gonna have to lay out some of that huge pile of hard currency of yours on some new ships, Buddy. Otherwise soon you'll be singing:

Let's go out, in a blaze of glooooooory......

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 11:38

I could use a hint. I have toooooo much gauss cannon ammo. I make it faster than I can use it. Where can I dump 4 TL worth of the stuff at for a profit? And i don't want to make but one trip.
Put it on a Phoenix or a Shrike and fire it at the Boron. Though GC ammo gets used up quite slowly, so that'd take a while to get rid of 4 TL worth.

Solution: Get a fleet of Shrikes. They're cheap, and excellent for wiping out squid! I have a few going at a very affordable price too... :teladi:

wizrd755
x2

Post by wizrd755 » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 19:37

Mr. Reeves wrote: I could use a hint. I have toooooo much gauss cannon ammo. I make it faster than I can use it. Where can I dump 4 TL worth of the stuff at for a profit? And i don't want to make but one trip.
Why not just sell the loaded TL's at a shipyard of your choice ?? Works for Nividium, should be the same for any other equipment/weapon..

Of course, you won't get but @ 60% of it's value.. :roll:

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 19:45

Home of Light buys lotsa weapons from me at good old Terracorp HQ. I once sold too much and ended up buying it again. Go to Home of Light if you really must sell weapons or ammunition.

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 03:06

I like the borons there are so friendly!!!! Mr Reeves war agenda is interesting, but peace(truce) will come sooner or later especially due to respawn and lack of funding/war parts.
:idea: Only way for you to win( briefly) is to do it in one stroke.--- Build up 3 m2 attack groups per sector (8 for really heavy defence) with a back up emergency group then jump them in and take them out! ( i count 27 sectors, but a few other sectors have boron presence so you only need about 90+ m2s -- might take you a while to build and outfit :lol: )
but i am a peaceful boron lover, so we shall return. :lol: :lol:

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 13:31

Egosoft, hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. Mr Reeves have gathered an army and as I speak, that army is drawing nearer to our home

Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No, I stand here without fear because I remember.
I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
I remember that for 100 years we have fought the split. I remember that for 100 years they have sent their warships to destroy us, and after a century of war I remember that which matters most...
We are still here!
Today, let us send a message to Mr Reeves. Tonight, let us shake this world. Tonight, let us tremble these oceans of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from dark sea to light sky. Tonight, let us make them remember, WE ARE BORON AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID!

*Quote from matrix*

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 14:11

I like the Borons so much I've named my captured Orca after Bala Gi.

Go beat up the lizard commerce group.

Greedy scaley greenbacks!

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 19:31

I have not been around for awhile, but I had to pop in to post a ++Mr. Reeves :) The war goes on, and the posts keep coming. I think Egosoft are going to have to put out an expansion to account for your exploits, as I'm sure that if I load up my game I'm going to notice the effects of this war even across the non-multiplayer universe, such are its reverberations...

KUTGW Mr. Reeves (and don't take the pills the men in white coats are pushing at you. They are BOFU in disguise!).

gradea
x3tc

Post by gradea » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 01:58

Why just hate the Boron? I can't stand any freaking alien race.

"Boron asks why your violating me with a missile?"

"Split will do inapropraite things to your face!"

"Teladi mone money teladi BLARG!"

Seriously, how much more one dimenisional can these things get? They say their race name constantly,like its a natural part of their speech. How many times have you gone to a resteraunt to order food and said "Human would like it cooked medium rare!"

And what about their mono-dimensional cultures. Boron are hippies, Split are jerks, and the Teladi can't go ten seconds without talking about money.

At least with the Paranid make sense. They refrence their religious leader before going into battle. I can see a hyper religious people preying and saying promises of glory for the one they fight for, when they're, you know, fighting. And the Argon and Terran forces, being human, naturally get a bit of depth. It's getting to the point where I almost can't stand to fight anything but the Xenon.

Oh, and pirates. Freaking pirates. Why do only human pirates have unique pictures and voice sets? The aliens all use the generic ones as near as I can tell. And why are all pirate ships Argon or Teladi. The teladi ones make sense, but why Argon? And if their scavangers and ship jackers, why not ALL the races?

And the Kha'ak.. Oh the Kha'ak. The Xenon don't communicate because their machines, but aren't the Kha'ak sentient insects? They could taunt us in their incomprehensable bug langauge. Just don't make them do it all the time, or make it a particularly grating sound, and I'd be fine with it.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 02:32

gradea wrote:And what about their mono-dimensional cultures. Boron are hippies, Split are jerks, and the Teladi can't go ten seconds without talking about money.
Teladi are not quite as one-dimensional as they might look at first glance. You probably know that they had also been cut off from their home planet for a while, and the small colony of Seizewell, populated solely by females, built up the economic powerhouse known as Teladi Company. All the time they were dreaming of their home planet. When the gate network changed again, the home planet of Ianamus Zura became accessible again.

It was a big letdown for the Teladi Company. Their home planet had not really chased for profits or technological advances, but was and still is an open center for the arts and the good life. Very disappointing :D.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”