Internal docking for TS/TP/M6/M8/TM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kurush
x3tc

Internal docking for TS/TP/M6/M8/TM

Post by kurush » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 16:19

Do we have any station type with internal docking for those types that works OK when owned by the player? I am not sure if it is possible to script in one of the super shipyards that have internal docking. Any idea if they will be messed up under player control? I'm not looking for building ships there - just to be able to dock all those spare freighters without worrying about using up all docking ports.

lilstinker
x3tc

Post by lilstinker » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 17:09

if you use the cheats to add a station to TL there's 2 listings for "federal argon shipyard".the first one is the big argon station in legends home.

when you drop it it doesnt do anything but sit there and look pretty,but it docks TS,TP,M3,M4,M5 internally.big pretty expensive parking lot.

edit: apparently that's all it does too.TM,TL,M1,M2,M7,M6,M8 won't dock at it.interesting
Last edited by lilstinker on Tue, 15. Dec 09, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 17:27

Ego should of created a station called "Docking Station"
just to dock ships, and hold at least 40 ships or more of different classes.
Basically as said ( a parking lot ).

Would be cool if someone made a super station :D
something that people can fly in and out of like a small to medium city sation.
8 times larger than EQ docks and Trading Stations.
An inner city station parking lot.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 18:48

Use your PHQ to "park" ships. For Smal ships any Teladi or argon trading station will do as they can hold unlimited amounts of those ships.

Still, if I invest 20+ millions in a ship it better be doing something other than be parked somewhere. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 19:32

Ketraar wrote:Still, if I invest 20+ millions in a ship it better be doing something other than be parked somewhere. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar
Well, if your doing fleet management to transfer energy to M7, M8, M1 & M2 and so on.
You would have no choice but to have ships parked so you can call them when you need them to replenish.

This is exactly why ego should of created Dockable Cell Stations for M7, M8, M1 & M2.
Since we can not currently dock any of those ships on a normal SSP station to replenish our ships for Jumping.
Hence the reason why ego should of thought of Capital class SSP stations.
Which they did not and the reason why we have to baby sit our capital ships.

Which brings us back to the first point of being able to dock ships for later needs.

;) :P
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 20:31

Err there are several ways to Supply your ships, one of which is.. erm how its called again? ah right.. Supply Software. :roll:

Besides, I did mention the PHQ did I not? Best place to do that, and if you have the HUB, well guess the rest is obvious.

MFG

Ketraar

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 16. Dec 09, 05:18

Ketraar wrote:Use your PHQ to "park" ships. For Smal ships any Teladi or argon trading station will do as they can hold unlimited amounts of those ships.
I already do both :). Problem is that I ran out of parking lots on PHQ for freighters.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”