[TC] Just got a Rapier Scout and I have a Saber, what now?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Larsenex
x3tc

Just got a Rapier Scout and I have a Saber, what now?

Post by Larsenex » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 22:54

I am in the Mars system and they gave me a 'Scout' Rapier. This comes with NOTHING, no weapons and no shields. What do I do with it? Also I picked up a mission to transport someone but apparently I need a life support module in order to do so..sheesh, you want to arrive alive too talk about unreasonable... So where do I get the module and more importantly before I disengage from Mars should I change into the scout and have the M4 follow and protect me or have the scout do so?

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 00:20

Sell the Rapier,
Spoiler
Show
you get three more armed ones and an Advanced Discoverer later anyway,
or just keep it until you find a use for it.

Cargo Life Support is sold at Pirate Bases, the Teladi Trading Stations near Grand Exchange, Terran Military Bases and the Earth Torus, and possibly a few other miscellaneous locations. At your point in the story your best option is probably the Military Base in an Unknown Sector well past Pluto.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 00:29

Proceed a short bit in the Terran plot. The problem will solve itself.
Spoiler
Show
One of those armed Rapiers Reimu mentioned comes with cargo life support. Just strip that ship of anything useful, including weapons.

Larsenex
x3tc

Post by Larsenex » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 00:54

WoW Thanks. I could not 'follow' the pirate raider and just started shooting up Xenon and I got a couple of promotions out of it. Is it me or do I want to match speed with the enemy ships so shooting is a lot easier?

Ok I am docked at the Teladi Trading Station. I transfered a 1mj shield it had to my saber. It is pretty much empty. HOW do I sell this scout and to who? Also I picked up a mission to fight off or destroy Xenons attacking a convoy. I undocked and redocked back with station, after 10 min I 'completed' the mission (doing nothing) and they paid me my 22K in credits! Woot! I have enough $ to upgrade a Teladi Liscence. Do I want to get this for around 7K?

I wanted to sell the scout but I cannot seem to do so. How is this done?

Thanks!

Also how can I repair my 5mjoule shields on my Saber and get more weapons..yessss more weapons..hehe...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 00:57

Seeing as this is all plot-related, it's over to the Spoilers forum we go.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 01:01

1. Dock the ship at any shipyard, dock your own ship at the same station and open the trade menu.

2. Get a Trading System Extension, dock the Rapier at any shipyard and open the trade menu of the station.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:06

You don't necessarily need a Teladi police licence right this minute. You can get one if you want, but you're better off spending the money on something more important.

Like Cpt Jericho said, to sell your scout, just dock yourself and the scout at the nearest shipyard. You wouldn't need to dock your ship to sell another once you got yourself a trading system extension however, because this software allows you to buy and sell things remotely. So I suggest you buy one asap. Equipment docks sell them.

The lasers for the Sabre are very expensive and you're not gonna be able to afford them in the short term. But that's not a problem because in the not to distant future you'll get given three rapiers (I think) for a patrol mission. The mission would require you to form them up into a wing. But once you've done that then there's really no use hanging on to them anymore, so you can just strip the lasers that they're carrying and install them on your own ship.

Larsenex
x3tc

Post by Larsenex » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:12

Thanks I sold the Scout. It has 33% hull and I got about 3K for it. My own hull is down to 36%. I followed the scout to the 'unknown' sector and found the pirate base. When I closed in I got the 'Scan' the base message. Ok I move in but it spawnd a bunch of Pirate elite and Xenon ships. When I tried to run up to the base I got smoked! Ok I reloaded and sold the scout and bought some hull repairs but at all my cash for a 2% increase seemed like a waste but I did it. I can reload but was wondering if there is a way to repair my hull without soaking me? Is there just a time sink?

Is there a way to Scan the Pirate base but manage to NOT get killed by all the Xenon and Pirates that spawn?

Thanks

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:24

There's a Repair Laser welded to your spacesuit. So you can repair the Sabre for free and get more money for the Rapier when you sell it.

Never had Xenon ships show for that stage of the plot. Try leading all hostiles on a merry chase away from the station and jump back in, scan.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:24

Eject from your ship, then float very close to it and fire a repair laser at it from your spacesuit (left mouse button). Takes a few minutes to get it back up to 100%.

Once you see the pirate ships coming out of the station, run. Exit the sector, give it a while, then go back in. They would have moved away from the station by then. Give them a wide berth, go back to the station and scan it. You scan the station by going real close to it. Takes about a minute to complete the scan.

Larsenex
x3tc

Post by Larsenex » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 04:03

I did what you all said and got real close 15 meters! for about four min and nothing. Is there a trick to getting the pirate base scanned?

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 04:14

Yeah, move around the ship a bit, but stay close. Eventually the scan should start. Can be a bit hit and miss I'm afraid.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”