[TC] Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reaper Jack

Avarice

Post by Reaper Jack » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 22:48

Otherwise known as the unknown east of Montalaar and West of New Income, it is the sector designed to be owned by the player, it's big enough to fit several hundred stations in and is very central with good access to all ship equipment, only disadvantage is that it is hard to get to Paranid space and to get a transporter device from, but the Hub can fix this. THIS IS THE HQ SECTOR. Please respond if you have placed your HQ here or believe there is a better position for it elsewhere as I have yet to see it be beaten.
'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, intellect and reason intended us to forgo their use'-Galileo Galile
Ranks: (TC) Capitalist, Crusader
Currently flying: Split M7 Tiger
Current most expensive ship: OTAS M2 Boreas

soleilnoir
x3tc

Post by soleilnoir » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 23:32

Avarice is at a good location, and a great and beautiful looking sector. However, I would like something much more remote.

Something like Yaki space, Unknown Sectors next to Mists of Elysium, Unholy Descent, Menelaus' Oasis, between Gaian Star and Maelstrom, Zyarth's Dominion or PTNI. Perpetual Sin (after some cleanup or construction), President's End, Hollow Infinity or Aldrin.

Or.. if you're feeling really adventurous, Khaak, Xenon or Pirate space plus adequate protection :twisted:

Empty sectors like these make handy fleet bases. I'm thinking when i finish the Hub and HQ plots I'll put mine in Aldrin.. makes a good place to keep it constantly supplied for shipbuilding.
My complex-building
http://picasaweb.google.com/mihkelvasar/X3TC#

Only mods/scripts I use:
Saetan's OTAS Stations
Plot resetting script

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 00:10

soleilnoir wrote:... between Gaian Star and Maelstrom... Aldrin.
Remote, yes. Quiet? Those are more like living on the center strip of a motorway.
soleilnoir wrote:I'm thinking when i finish the Hub and HQ plots I'll put mine in Aldrin.. makes a good place to keep it constantly supplied for shipbuilding.
Good luck with that. Me being in that sector, besides a horrible lag, disturbs all the massive NPC traffic in there.

As to the original question, I'll probably go with Avarice the first time. The only other sectors I like are the unknown ones next to Unholy Descent.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 00:51

I have my PHQ in former Avarice.
Big sector, empty, few rocks, and mainly easy to reach with “i” or “l” on keyboard.
But with the HUB’s gates, in TC, a lot of sectors could be also a good choice.
*EDIT* The sectors near to Unholy descent are nice for complex building (especially the second one, with 5x 64 silicon roids). But for PHQ, humm, no keyboard shortcut.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 01:00

i like the one next to mists of elysium, its big enough for the HQ and some EQ docks, perfect for a fleet preparation area(and yes..it is my HQs home).being on the pirates good side, i also had a shield and weapon factory made in vestibule of creation, theres 25 decent ore 'roids in that sector :D (have to import the crystals, no silicon 'roids >_<).

i did look at avarice first go through, i saw it better fit as a massive tradeing sector due to its closeness to everyone else, and you can setup weed / fuel without the military breaking down your gate :twisted:

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 09:54

If I finally get the PHQ it will probably not go in Avarice, it'll go in one of the previously mentioned unknown sectors, like the Mists of Elysium one, then the HUB will be connected to that gate, and probably Avarice as a huge trading sector, and somewhere else, either AP-HoL or somewhere in the east.

Then I can put all my patrols in the HUB and my homebase will be protected!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Kapakio
x4

Re: Avarice

Post by Kapakio » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 11:22

Reaper Jack wrote:... only disadvantage is that it is hard to get to Paranid space and to get a transporter device from, but the Hub can fix this.
I think you are rather thinking of Docking Computer, and in TC it can be obtained from other places, like OTAS and terran stations.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 11:59

And Docking Computers do nothing on AI ships. So...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Reaper Jack

Post by Reaper Jack » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 17:16

not docking computer, transporter device, have you not seen one yet? Terracorp does them and a few othere select stations, like the trade station in Heretic's End, it lets you freight transfer/switch ships/people and marine transfer in space, it can become very useful, especially if you are flying around in a ship that can only dock at HQs, e-docks and s-yards
'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, intellect and reason intended us to forgo their use'-Galileo Galile

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 17:24

Reaper Jack wrote:not docking computer, transporter device, have you not seen one yet? Terracorp does them and a few othere select stations, like the trade station in Heretic's End, it lets you freight transfer/switch ships/people and marine transfer in space, it can become very useful, especially if you are flying around in a ship that can only dock at HQs, e-docks and s-yards
thing is though...theres no transporter device -in- paranid space..so yes...your thinking docking computer when you say paranid space :)

Reaper Jack

Post by Reaper Jack » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 17:26

I didn't mean transporter device in Paranid Space lol, I was just saying that Paranid Space is hard to reach and transporter devices are hard to get
:lol:

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:40

I hate Avarice for the simple fact that it is centralised. I'm the 'secret military empire' type and like to have a solid corner to back into.

I haven't got my HQ yet but I'm seriously considering the US southeast of Maelstrom (dark rocky cloudless one with the unsettling music*, asteroid yields suck but that's what Gaian is for) and would subsequently connect the entrance to Maelstrom and my refit yard in the US south of Menelaus Oasis via the Hub. The local pirate force makes for a massive defence buffer... unless I get on their bad side, but then it becomes a local hunting ground so I win either way.

*This can be conveniently changed as it is the only sector with that track, so I can give my home a cool theme.

GaianKnight
x3tc

Post by GaianKnight » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 00:00

Go with the Imperial Theme, nice and classic. (That or something else monolithic. =^^= )

Personally, I ended up getting overly ambitious, (because I need to stupid learn from doing,) and used the '1 of everything' complex method from the OCC site. (Probably out of date, but anywho...) Also threw in a few side complexes, and an HQ (using the Apricot mod,) and now have a nice and busy sector. (With a good sector defense.)

Between that, the HUB, and Antigone Memorial complex, I got some busy stuff now. The second set of gates in the Hub will be going here and likely New Income, which is likely why (along with my massive TS fleet,) that my trading rank shot up to Master Industrialist yesterday.

Indeed build it, and they shall come. (While I make money on Assassin/Patrol missions.) Avarice is doing me nice and well, in my attempt to unify my X-Universe together. =^^=

Ship: GSS Valkyrie Knight (Apricot Vidasaurus)
Fighting Rank: Battlemaster
Trading Rank: Super-Magnate
Can I ***modified*** the ding dong weather too?

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 04:52

GaianKnight wrote:Go with the Imperial Theme, nice and classic. (That or something else monolithic. =^^= )
I was rather thinking of something like Unmei no Yoru. I don't like the idea of a tune that reminds me of a different empire altogether.

simo98

Post by simo98 » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 13:00

The two off unholy descent all the way, two sectors complete with good asteroids, and it butts straight onto my arch nemesis, :o
-Eh, ill get around to it.

GaianKnight
x3tc

Post by GaianKnight » Fri, 25. Dec 09, 04:14

Actually I just stumbled onto that sector yesterday as I was playing, (jumping around and all after a multi-sector patrol, full of capital ship battles in the sectors I set up in Heaven's Assertion/Patriarch's Conclusion off my first pair of Hub gates. nice how everything links together, in semi ways.)

Ended up turning the empty US there into a store house sector (Brian Cache sector, off a term I got from Battletech. One of my ancient favorite RPGs,) and started sending capped and claimed craft there, in a nice, out of the way quiet spot.

So now I got Hub, Avarice, this US, stuff set up in Heretic's End, a few mines in other sectors mentioned above, as well as Asteroid Belt, and defenses in Elysium of Prime, as well as Antigone Memorial, where I just have my own mini-empire growing, of a sort.)

Feels good to sit back and realize what one has built. (And then watch all the pirate raids come in to keep eye upon. Pirates are my nemesis apparently. =^^=;;; )

Ship: GSS Valkyrie Knight (Apricot Vidasaurus)
Fighting Rank: Battlemaster
Trading Rank: Super-Magnate
Can I ***modified*** the ding dong weather too?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”