SETA sometimes doesn't work, just noise

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

terriblet
x3tc

SETA sometimes doesn't work, just noise

Post by terriblet » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 06:48

Searched the KB and didn't see anything like this so asking a new one.
I've had this issue in both my XP SP3 box, and new Win 7 computer.
Sometimes...several times, when i try to activate the SETA, if doesn't and instead makes a scratchy sound. Also during these times an odd sound is heard when viewing/using the universe map. Also during these times the universe map might be jumping around on its own until press an arrow key, then can navigate it.
Was thinking was a performance issue with my Dell E510 XP box, but not likely since same issue with my new XPS 9000 Win 7 box.
I'm using the DVD version 2.0, when click for update it states don't need one, however should I update to the 2.5 to fix this.
Please advise of a resolution.
Thanks!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 08:57

could you post a dxdiag print-out, terriblet..

- it might show some clues.. :wink:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 12:38

You should update to 2.5 anyway. The fact that it says you don't need to update when you click on that button is a known issue. It's hard to tell without a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report (which is why the very first thread in this forum asks everyone to provide one) but at a guess you're suffering from the problem described in this FAQ entry.

terriblet
x3tc

Post by terriblet » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 05:19

Outstanding CBJ!!
I did have a Saitek joystick, removed it and the issue is gone.
Sorry about missing the diag part.
Also did the upgrades to 2.5.
Thanks again for the advice!! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”