[TC] Hyperion Vanguard Weapons Setup?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cruelsword
x4

Hyperion Vanguard Weapons Setup?

Post by Cruelsword » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 17:48

Hi all,

so today morning i caped my first Hyperion with my Springy and 5 marines. Yes, it took like 2 hours of my life, but now i got fresh Hype and still 4 marines left. :D

I liked this ship in X3:R a lot, so i think about to make this new one my personal ship, so any good weapons setups over here, plz?

Regards
Cruel

swgoddard
xr

Post by swgoddard » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 19:13

I too liked this ship in x3:R i have a ship curently following it. Waiting for the right moment.

So I would like to see any ideas on this topic also.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 19:23

It's my personal ship and (for me) by far the best set up is HEPT on the front and PACs everywhere else.

Suits my play style - heavy hitters for me to use (which can be swapped down using weapon groups) and PACs all round for everyone else :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 19:32

i put HEPT in the turrents on the front.

the back gets 3xPAC and 3x FBL

the front gets 6x EBC and 2x CIG

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:05

I've tried every combo possible, and the best always came down to this........

8 HEPT up front

4 HEPT in the front turrets..... set to attack my target

6 PAC in the rear turrets....... set to missile defense

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:05

CIGs up front chew through too much energy or what?
Playing X3:TC Vanilla v. 2.5
Currently flying: Osaka / Springblossom / Cobra

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:16

Vained wrote:CIGs up front chew through too much energy or what?
Agreed and ISR is even worse..... for the M6 class both weapons are utterly useless due to their inefficiencies in the energy/damage ratio

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:20

I noticed that while trying out a CIG fitted Skiron, however the Hyperion has like a 50% increase in capacity and recharge rate, I'm gonna try it anyway.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:21

Vained wrote:CIGs up front chew through too much energy or what?
too many CIGs upfront suck agreed, which is why i use energyless weapons + 2 CIGs

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:26

Vained wrote:I noticed that while trying out a CIG fitted Skiron, however the Hyperion has like a 50% increase in capacity and recharge rate, I'm gonna try it anyway.
I thought the same....

i tried 6 CIG up front, it was ok......... ish

but then went back to the good old 8 HEPT....... simply was better, fire harder for longer, never went back

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 21:27

Sn4kemaster wrote:
Vained wrote:I noticed that while trying out a CIG fitted Skiron, however the Hyperion has like a 50% increase in capacity and recharge rate, I'm gonna try it anyway.
I thought the same....

i tried 6 CIG up front, it was ok......... ish

but then went back to the good old 8 HEPT....... simply was better, fire harder for longer, never went back
Hmm, who am I to argue with the masses, 8 HEPT it is.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:09

Actually, I have HEPTs in the front turrets, PACs in the back, and Plasma Burst Generators in the main guns for roasting. The turrets take care of most things that would bother me and I have yet to find a faster weapon for taking out M6s. I tried HEPTs (not powerful enough) and ISRs (aweful damage/energy ratio) so I went back to PBGs and haven't looked back.

I took a Xenon patrol mission and took out 6 Ps at once with this setup. Haven't tried going toe-to-toe with an M7 yet, tho...

I liked the Hornet missiles for a while... until I found out the Hyperion is the only non-Terran ship that can use a Wraith! :twisted: This makes me a threat to M2s as well.
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:16

Hmm.. so far, I kinda like the Springblossom better. :\

The Hyperion has got like, what, 2 advantages over it? Cargo bay and the fact that it can dock ships. Sure it can use them Wraith missiles, but I got an Osaka for taking out capitals anyway. Mmmmeh.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:53

I'll just quote one of my posts. :)
Kor'ah wrote:M6 - Hyperion Vanguard

It's my missile spewing abomination.

Main: 8x ISR
Front turrets: EBCs with 450 crates of ammo (attack my target)
Aft turrets: PAC (one "missile defense" and the other "protect ship")

Missiles: 50 wasps, 50 thunderbolts, 50 tempests, 50 firestorms and 200 typhoons.

Fighters: Spitfyre and Venti
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 23:22

Springy vs Hyp (yet again) Hmm

Hyperion has

.2 more steering (more if it's the hot version)
400MJ more shields
Much wider choice of guns and missiles
More gun turrets
Much more powerful laser generator
Big cargo hold to put all those firestorms and wraiths in
Hangar Bay

Springy has

Much higher top speed.

Choices, choices ...

In my game the Springy only has a choice of proto M/AM and
SSC for main guns. They're both powerful guns, bur I don't like them
for dogfighting.

Before anyone says "clone some EEMPCS," in my game they dont't
exist.

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 23:37

I see you put the laser genererator as an argument for the Hyperion, which doesnt really count as the Springy hardly needs a laser generator at all.

And the fact that it can fit SSCs is a big plus in my book, as even just 1 shot of those instapop M5s.

The Hyp has a wider choice of weapons sure, but considering the fact that only 1 or 2 of those are viable (HEPT / EBG) for fitting in the main guns, it's a bit of a stalemate between the two ships on that point. I'd like to point out that MAMLs beat HEPTs and CIGs for that matter, on just about every point. (But then again PBGs beat both when it comes to power and the Hyp can fit those..)

The 400MJ extra worth of shields is nice, but should you find yourself in enemy fire strong enough to put a considerable dent in a corvettes shields, the difference between 600MJ and 1000MJ is irrelevant, as you would find yourself strafing and dodging projectiles anyway.

0.2 difference in steering really is irrelevant. :P

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 00:23

jwigeland wrote:Actually, I have HEPTs in the front turrets, PACs in the back, and Plasma Burst Generators in the main guns for roasting. The turrets take care of most things that would bother me and I have yet to find a faster weapon for taking out M6s. I tried HEPTs (not powerful enough) and ISRs (aweful damage/energy ratio) so I went back to PBGs and haven't looked back.
Sorry PBG are very good in power but the range is really pathetic, by the time you have got in range to actually fire you would have already destroyed the M6 with HEPT
Hmm.. so far, I kinda like the Springblossom better. :\

The Hyperion has got like, what, 2 advantages over it? Cargo bay and the fact that it can dock ships. Sure it can use them Wraith missiles, but I got an Osaka for taking out capitals anyway. Mmmmeh
I agree, i love the Hyperion but the Springblossom is a better combat ship....just load it with

8 M/AM up front and SCC in all the turrets....nothing but nothing can touch it with a bit of practice

IMO pound for pound the best player ship in the game.....it actually gets to the point when everything becomes too easy to achieve, so you end up choosing something else for the challange.

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 00:28

Well, it can't do everything. I wouldnt bother taking on an M2 with it for example, takes too long. Not saying it is impossible though.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 00:36

Vained wrote:Well, it can't do everything. I wouldnt bother taking on an M2 with it for example, takes too long. Not saying it is impossible though.
I'm not saying its the most powerful ship by any means....oh no i think the Boreas holds that title....any M7 or M2 has far far far more firepower

but if you thought...i could only have one ship in the universe, one ship to do a bit of trading, then to do that assassination mission, then do a plot mission, then do a bit of exploring etc etc etc

but like i said before....the game becomes a little stale if you just use the spingy...its a victim of its own success i think

Vained
x3tc

Post by Vained » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 00:39

Well, when it comes to M2's, I'm pretty sure the Osaka is a better ship :P

I mean come on, a charged PSP salvo instapops a Q. :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”