[X3TC]doing stupid and costing me big time...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

[X3TC]doing stupid and costing me big time...

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 11:59

Today I was one happy camper. Bought a barracuda (2nd hand) for 148000CR. Started to make screenies of it and while I was doing that, I crashed into it. This resulted in the destruction of both ships and then game over screen showed its silly face... /handpalm :evil:
-EDIT-
I guess I can expand this thread to people who want to share their misfortune in this game. This doesn't mean rambling about how you don't like the game but just funny anekdotes like my little mishap due to stupidity on my part :lol:
Last edited by Sp@c3Ch!mp on Wed, 30. Dec 09, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 12:07

oo-er.. :oops:

- left-hand down a bit.. :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

JamieKnowles
x4

Post by JamieKnowles » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 12:20

heh, i must stop navigating menu's while flying through sectors.

It means i'm busy checking what my ships are doing, or checking a price somewhere, instead of flying around that huge 'roid that has just appeard in my flight path. :shock:

Boom, game over

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 12:26

next thing you know, you'll have some spacecop tapping on your windshield:

[ external image ]

"Excuse me, Sir - are you the registered owner of this vehicle..?
- Been on the Space-Fuel, have we..??"
:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 18:07

And here is another thing that happened to me a few hours later...
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy30 ... n00012.jpg

The RNG gods hate me today :(
This actually was also my fault I believe. Tried to do a course correction via the command menu and apparantly the pilot got confused and hit the gate unfortunately... Thank god it was a second hand ship with ALL the upgrades it needed except a jumpdrive...
It only cost me about a 1/4Mil CR...

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 18:48

I scanned a J in, of all things, a Mistral, and I was still steaming towards it at 130m/s. Still had the screen up when suddenly I see lots of pretty lights around the edge and hear this *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* then "jumpdrive destroyed". At 48% hull I made my escape back to Boron space, fortunate I were near to the gate really.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 19:08

I still haven't learned that Ks have those shipkilling sensor array-thingies sticking out...

Got the "game over" screen for the third time today from impaling myself on a K :p

If I ever cap a K I'm gonna name it "Vlad".
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Omini
x4

Post by Omini » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 19:49

I can remember I had just bought a second hand M3 at 55% hull with the intention of repairing it and sending it on its way to the shipyard for selling.

I repaired it, sent it on its way. Then I continued looking for more bargains. Went through the North Gate, in to a large somewhat empty sector - except with loads of asteroids.

Flying past, i decided to scan some asteroids - and I'm not the kind who, if he misses scanning an asteroid he wants to scan, he'll scan that damn asteroid. So I was flying along, scanning asteroids, where I targeted one but missed it. So I turned to scan it.

... Turned so my direction caused the asteroid to be dead ahead, moving at 605 m/s (in a Kestrel) on an asteroid less than 2 km away while I open the info menu (thus disabling directional control) to scan.

Kaboom.

That M3 wasn't for sale when I got back there :(

joshharper

Post by joshharper » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 20:53

mine wasnt my fault in particular i had just gona though an unknown are and just seconds before i was about to go through the jump gate at full speed in my mamba a pirate apeears directly infront of me ( i picked bankrupt assassin) making a massive head on collision and the game over screen. Another time was during an encounter with a small group of pirates and was trying to chase down a discoveror when it dived down i did the same but i didnt notice that there was the rear end of a pheonix waiting for me so head on collision and game over

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 23:28

auch. The one thing that would be cool in such situations is a big horn. But sound can't travel in space :cry:

xcal13
x4

Post by xcal13 » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 00:52

in my m5 i lured a pirate to an m2 and was inbetween the turrets and the pirate :shock:
"War, war never changes..."

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 04:37

I was hunting 'nid ships in Cardinal's Dominion :?: in my Mamba Raider and had my HV following me. Saw a good target behind me and did a quick 180, after about 1km the HV had caught up to me, but I didn't notice and plowed right into its hindquarters :lol:
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 04:54

Ozkar wrote:'nid ships
the tyranids are invading the X universe now?! D:

(secretly wants to see bio-ships back hand(back tentacle?) a ship and play catch with it)

ontopic now :D

got a nemesis doing marine recruiting rounds, scooping up all 3 - 4 star fighters. since i have not seen the mercenary camp in danna's chance, i decide to pilot the nemesis myself. as i clear the hatikvah's faith --> nopileos memorial gate, a xenon J and a pirate carrack are tradeing PPC / CIG and IBL rounds right infront of the gate. not expecting it i boosted to max speed right into the crossfire and died :( (thus ending my DiD) -_-"

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 15:28

I think my biggest mess-up was opening a message while in the middle of fighting a K. My ship was a cheat-overtuned Tiger going at 308 or so m/s, so obviously the loss of manouver control meant I smashed straight into the pointy end of the K(one of the aerials on top) and died. The message was one of those 'Kestrel K-3 has completed its order. What should it do now?' ones, thus proving that Kestrels are among the most deadly ships in the Universe. At least, to the player. At the time, I didn't see the funny side of this since I hadn't saved for a couple of hours.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 15:32

You'll be amazed how many quick ends a game can have when you play it on your laptop at the stop lights (in traffic :roll: )

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 15:38

Blastclaw Prototype (my favourite item to collect :) )
The pilot bailed, I claimed it - before - taking out the last bad guys, so they shot it, and blew it up. These days I finish the Pirates off first, and then claim ships....

:evil:
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Shadow-Thief
x3tc

Post by Shadow-Thief » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 16:10

I managed to buy a troop/passenger transport second hand, then crashed it into my dolphin. They were both in pretty bad shape and I didnt have enough patience to repair both of them, so I jetison my SETA from my dolphin, but for some stupid reason it ends up 15 clicks out. I try to get in my dolphin but it only goes at about 15 meters a second, and it no longer has seta...so I restarted from last save :lol:
Wings and wingment are essential:
They give the enemy someone else to shoot at

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 23:45

Some of these are pretty cool :D

I once ended INSIDE a yaki Ryu (TL) when flying in yaki space once, band I tried jumping out asap but couldnt control my hyperion and keep it away from the sides long enough to survive. Lucky the Ryu blew up not me :wink:
I fly Terran for the accents

joshharper

Post by joshharper » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 00:01

i think my worst and stupidest mistake was accidently hitting the shoot button instead of accelarate with a hammerhear rocket directly infront of me (id been trying to pick it up and kept missing by inches

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”