Wingman...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadow-Thief
x3tc

Wingman...

Post by Shadow-Thief » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 16:24

Okay, so, I have a buster fully maxed shields, 2 PPCs, and 4 PACs....should I add a captured pirot scorpian with max shields and 2 pacs as an extra figher for doing convoy/station/assasination missions? Or will it get itself killed rather quickly? (I've seen how AI controlled local defenders do against enemy ships...they suck for defending... :D )
Wings and wingment are essential:
They give the enemy someone else to shoot at

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 16:33

Well, more weapon detail might be good.

2 PACs on your Buster and 2 what?

Definately not PPCs, they're capital guns!

And wingmen are generally a bad idea IMO.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Shadow-Thief
x3tc

Post by Shadow-Thief » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 16:48

okay, not ppcs...the better version of the PAC, the icon is 3 circles, and it shoots realy fast red dots...

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 17:04

You mean PRGs? they're good. But no- wingmen are a bad idea, as you suspect. Either sell it or, if you prefer to go faster, upgrade the scorp and fly it. Until you have a carrier-like ship with multiple M3s, don't use wingmen. They are 100% guaranteed to die.
(not recommended if you aren't a brilliant pilot- 5mj shield is rather minimal.)
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Shadow-Thief
x3tc

Post by Shadow-Thief » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 02:10

Well, I currently have 2 Novas, (I fly the NOva Raider) with max shields and 4 PRGS...fully upgraded.

What ship do I want next?

Thermo18

Post by Thermo18 » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 06:34

I would just sell one of them. I dont do wingmans since they go and get killed and I only get support in missions from destroyers or M7's anything really below an M7 is going to get blown up on missions even if they are just backing you up.

But I do keep several M5-M4-M3's for myself to cruise around the sectors with.
If you see a Hamm Corporation vessel, you won't live to tell your friends about it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”