UT's and Fighter Drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

digdug83
x4

UT's and Fighter Drones

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 05:24

I wasn't sure if this belonged in X3R's Scripts forum or not so I figured this was a safe place :D I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to lock out the UT's from trying to buy/sell fighter drones so they don't get stuck in that stupid loop of theirs and thus require me to babysit them every 10 minutes to make sure they aren't sitting there utterly useless. Is this still an issue with the game or did I miss something obvious?

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 19:21

Never noticed that problem, before. What level is the pilot?

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 21:29

They're all level 25, but it can happen to any of them regardless of level (except my ST's who never train in areas with Drone factories). I'm beginning to suspect that I should put SCS back on them as I can't recall it happening that much before but that shouldn't make any difference to their operation :(

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 03:41

Anyone else have any insight on this? It's getting rather annoying to have to check every 30-40 game minutes to see if the yahoos are still trading and not just sitting on their hands trying to sell their drones.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 09:58

Never noticed any traders trying to sell drones.

Usually they are just waiting for the next good trade run when the market has stagnated.

I'll keep an eye open for this now,so thanks.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 17:56

digdug83 wrote:I'm beginning to suspect that I should put SCS back on them
What's SCS? Special Command Software? Don't remember that being relevant to UTs, as you say.

Can you clarify a couple of things:

What game? Since you were looking at the X3R S&M forum, I assume you're playing X3R?

Are you saying that your UT's get stuck with a command of sell drones? If not, exactly what is happening and (if it's not obvious) why do you think they're trying to sell their drones?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

JamieKnowles
x4

Post by JamieKnowles » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 18:01

Just to check,

you do know that UT's buy drones for defence, not so they can make a profit :)

So, if you only have 12 or so in your hold, they are for defence your UT is not trying to buy/sell them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”