I have no idea what I did to piss Boron off...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garv222

I have no idea what I did to piss Boron off...

Post by garv222 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:41

I've been playing terran conflict for about... 2-3 weeks and it's been fun so far. I finally got a couple of complex's set up in President's end. One is a a crystal production plant with a bakery and cattle farm connected to the largest silicon asteroid there. I've got a XL solar plant in the center of the sector. Last I have another bakery with wheat farms and cattle farms. I mistakenly thought that a bakery needed wheat...well because I thought of bread for a bakery...which could need wheat. As wheat isn't a great seller.... I decided to buy a space fuel distillery to make better use of that wheat. I let SETA run for a while why I fine tune my local supply/trading fleet and watch a TV show.

About an hour later I check my properties screen and see my bakery/space fuel distillery complex flashing red with 1/4 of it's shields gone. I look over and there is a Boron M7 pounding away at it. I have no idea why they're doing it, I comm the captain and tell him the fire was a accident even though I didn't fire at him since I'm in a TP ship with only a rear turret. After several repeated attempts at the same thing he finally turns back to friendly blue. I turn around to see if any argon forces would help and I'm about 5 km away from a hostile Argon colossus which then opens a hail of fire at me. I do the same thing that I did with the boron M7 and it also goes back to blue. When I check back on my distillery the M7 has begun to fire at my complex again and I can't get it back to blue.

What could have caused this? The only scripts I have installed are complex pricing related and xenonJ's salvage/repair script. Could my distillery be the cause? If it's illegal... why do the argon shipyards sell it to me?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:47

I decided to buy a space fuel distillery to make better use of that wheat.
That was your mistake.

Illegal in that race sectors.

Try pirate ,[Teladi not...see below] or unknown sectors.

A few years ago in the UK,it was against the law to use a certain type of CB radio.
However,you could sell them and you could own them...just could not use them.
Last edited by TTD on Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:53, edited 2 times in total.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:50

not in teladi

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:50

TTD wrote:
I decided to buy a space fuel distillery to make better use of that wheat.
That was your mistake.

Illegal in that race sectors.

Try pirate ,Teladi or unknown sectors
Illegal in Teladi space too I beleive. The options are pirate space or unknown sectors.

You could make cloth rimes instead, that uses wheat.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 10:51

yes, the distellry is the cause, its illegal to have in anyone's space besides terrans goners and pirates

its only illegal to the player / pirates :P cause theres no alcohol permit (although there is a police license :roll: )that can be given to the player

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 11:01

Thanks for the fast reply. Glad I saved before I added that into the complex... Guess I'll need to add that into another sector. Or just count that station as a loss and leave SETA on while I shower to make up for it.

Are there any sectors near argon prime which would allows me to deploy that distillery? By close I guess I could say.... within 8 jumps. Also is it possible to wipe out a sector of competition by force? I'm finding it hard to find places to build mines since all the local asteroids have below 30 output. Could I invade a sector by force without permanent consequences?

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 11:31

im pretty sure the xenon and khaak are not attacking your distillery that you built to their sectors because its illegal there - they just attack anything
technically its not illegal in khaak and xenon sectors

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 13:38

There are pirate sectors nearby to Argon Prime you could build in. Be aware tho - if you're gonna build in Pirate spce, you'd better be on good terms with them, or have a good defence fleet!

You can wipe out the NPC stations, but without using an exploit, it will harm your reputation with that race. Also, God will re-create any fabs he thinks are still needed. Not sure if he does this by checking resource requirements locally or just based on the trading history of that fab before it was destroyed. This means, if you don't want the fabs recreating, you'd better build first and ensure your fabs are doing all the supplying so the NPC fab cannot sell its produce before you nuke it...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”