[TC] Can't find a tractor beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zeldarynn
x4

Can't find a tractor beam

Post by zeldarynn » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 07:28

This is basicly my first game playing TC... and well... now is the time I need a tractor beam, and I can't find one anywhere. I am fine with using scripts, so if that is what I need, please point me to one that works with TC...

Thanks.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 08:08

if theres none in third redemption, youll need to buy the factory (which is also buyable from the shipyard there)

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 08:48

Third Redemption often gets wiped out near the beginning of the game. I was lucky to buy two tractor beams shortly before the sector was cleared.

If you do build missions, you will probably get one for a tractor beam factory, if there isn't any left. At least that was the case in my game.

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 09:02

Ulan Dhor wrote:Third Redemption often gets wiped out near the beginning of the game.
By 'wiped out' do you mean the Argon or GOD?
Also would trading a lot in that area cause them to reappear?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 10:39

in my tutorial there were two TB factories for them when I arrived. I only bought one TB.Now they are gone ,so if I need another TB ,I will have to make them myself.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 15:57

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
Ulan Dhor wrote:Third Redemption often gets wiped out near the beginning of the game.
By 'wiped out' do you mean the Argon or GOD?
Also would trading a lot in that area cause them to reappear?
No idea who wiped out the sector (Argon, Khaak, Pirates), but it wasn't the GoD engine, as the shipyard was gone, too. I noticed this because I had taken on a build mission for a factory that was only available in Third Redemption, and due to the demise of said shipyard, I couldn't finish it.

I heard people say that one of the tractor beam factories might reappear. This didn't happen in my game, but the Boron asked for a new tractor beam factory, and it's in Queen's Harbor now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”