Where to buy tractor beam X3R

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aliens62
x3tc

Where to buy tractor beam X3R

Post by Aliens62 » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 10:36

Have looked on the forum, and cannot find a relevant thread. I cannot find any eqpt dock/shipyard that sells tractor beams in my game. Any ideas where I should be looking?

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 11:00

Third Redemption

dragondream
x3tc

Post by dragondream » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 11:03

If you use Scorp's Map you can sync your game to the map and you will be able to find any goods in your game. I used to use this because sometimes a factory would be destroyed or taken away and then I would be stuck, so I recommend using this map because it can check all the stations in your game.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 11:07

In my X-Universe I have found them for sale in:
Spoiler
Show
Preachers Void equipment dock and a factory in Dukes Vision, so have a look have look form them in Paranid space.
(Ctrl+a to view spoiler)
Your X-Universe may be different.
zyriel wrote:Third Redemption
The OP is playing Reunion - not TC:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 11:21

When Tractor Beams were introduced to the X3R, two Equipment Docks, one Paranid and one Split, did start trading them and there were supposed to be NPC Forge nearby. However, the GoD was never told, and had a habit of removing the Forges, and hence the Docks did remain empty after a while.

The X3R ver 2.0 added Tractor Beam Forges available for the player to buy from selected Shipyards. Furthermore,
Spoiler
Show
Bala Gi missions require towing, and they should ensure that Dock in Interworlds have a piece at the time it is needed.
But the venerable X3R Bonuspack defies GoD too. It makes sure that the NPC Forge mentioned by Terre is rebuild, should the GoD dare to touch it. So make sure you have the Bonuspack. 8)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 11:21

Thanks Terre/jlehtone, will check your suggestions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”