Low frame rate? No problem D3Doverrider to the rescue! (bundled with riva tuner)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Low frame rate? No problem D3Doverrider to the rescue! (bundled with riva tuner)

Post by Corpse_Maker » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 20:22

Found this out today when I was trying to force Vsync on Battlefield 2142... (Vsync and trip. buff. doesn't work when i force it in CCC) From much foruming people told me to try D3Doverrider and what a freaking difference it makes for games that run on medium hardware. In BF2142 on my laptop with HD4650 @ 1080p i was getting around 40FPS or so with horrible tearing, but running D3DOverride with Vsync and Trip. buffering now BF2142 FPS are in 55-60s.

Same thing in X3TC, i got extra 15FPS free of charge and no tearing!

Triple buffering is the key here, well and Vsync cuz it doesn't work without it.
Here is the link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163 Download it, install it, copy the folder where D3Doverrider is located and you can uninstall rivatuner, that way you will have what you need without all the unnecessary crap...

Again this is useful when you have older GPU, you can also try it out if you have enthusiast type of GPU, post your results.
NOTE: this does not work with Multi GPU solutions, only works on single GPU.
Good Luck! :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”