[TC] Torus lasertowers invincible?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Torus lasertowers invincible?

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 20:57

See thread title. I was just wondering- it's not especially important, but I'd quite like to know if they are. (I mean actually invincible, not just that you can't kill them due to lots and lots of 100k range guns aimed at you from all the way round the Torus)

Ooh, and as an aside, do the lastowers attack your property if you have another ship docked at the Torus? I'm assuming not, or else I'd be blasted out of space soon after completing the Terran plot- there's a Claymore docked at the Torus. Or is this only relevant for the player?

'tis just a little niggling thing that keeps bothering me. If it's already been answered, could a mod please lock/delete the thread. (I've tried the search. It didn't really give me anything.)
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 21:43

yes and no.

they are possible to destroy, however, the torus rebuilds them very quickily

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 21:45

Very quickly as in while you're still IS? (although, if you're still IS, then you're in tiny little pieces) Thanks for clearing that up, anyway.
Allergic to work.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 21:57

I'm not sure about the re-spawn rate, however I remember reading on another forum that the developers had to get a little creative to make guns on a station (orbital weapon platforms are actually ships with 0 speed). They used a gun turret model and assigned it to an M2-class ship (so figure on that much shields, hull, and wepon power) but gave it 0 speed and assigned it to a certain spot in space such that it will match with the station (if you zoom in, you can see the tiniest space between the turret and the station). That and they gave the turrets SPARE lasers which are like super-duper-ultimate kyons and can rip through anything in seconds. So yeah... offing them is possible but very very difficult.

Once you complete the Terran Plot, you are granted Earth access so they won't shoot at you when you go there.
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 22:11

Yeah- I know about the 'false turret' dupe, but it was whether they share the Torus' invincibility that I was wondering. Also, I once spawned one in the Galaxy editor and gave it the SPARE lasers. One of them has 100k range and seems a bit like FLAK, but the other is a rather disappointing Kyon beam effect with no redeeming features.
Allergic to work.

nman
x3tc

Post by nman » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 04:42

Dang, there go my plans of galactic domination :evil:

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 10:20

Just run everything over with a @deca
I fly Terran for the accents

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 16:46

Fighting the rock with a hard place. That'd end in stalemate, and you'd probably A)die of boredom trying to run over all the lastowers
or B)get stuck inside the torus and stay there. (it can happen, even when it's just a case of two battleships trying to occupy the same area of space.)
Allergic to work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 16:53

Master of the Blade wrote:Yeah- I know about the 'false turret' dupe, but it was whether they share the Torus' invincibility that I was wondering. Also, I once spawned one in the Galaxy editor and gave it the SPARE lasers. One of them has 100k range and seems a bit like FLAK, but the other is a rather disappointing Kyon beam effect with no redeeming features.
only the flak one is actually used, the other is just a spare laser thats not being used by the game at all

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”