ShipWrecks, some interesting ideas..

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

ShipWrecks, some interesting ideas..

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 16:35

hi

i ve been experimenting with making videos using the x3:tc game, now what i was wondering is how to make a ship using a wreckage body..

i believe there are wrecks of some ships in the game.. is it possible to middify a exesting ship to use a body of a wrecked ship? i d like this so i can use them in my videos.. :)
i took a look at the TShipwrecks file but all bodyentries are set to "0".. does this meen that there are no wrecks in the game..? hope somebody knows how to help me..

thanks in advance..

AnU
Last edited by Anubitus on Wed, 20. Jan 10, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 16:41

there are a couple of shipwrecks ingame. especially commonwealth capitalships have them. They are not enabled in the Tships. Don't know what happens if you put the correct paths into the tships tho.

you can find those wrecks in the standard folders (if you have extracted your game-catalogs) of the shipbodies

(e.g. objects/ships/argon/) for argon bodies
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 17:15

cool, thanks.. ill take a look at that..

on a sidenote, wouldnt anyone be interested in making some sort of script/mod wich places a wreck after a ship explodes instead of it just vanishing..? i think it would be rather cool.. :p

Edit: btw, should u wanna go check out the vids i made, go to http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 71#3159871
bare in mind that im just learning how to do this but some creative critisism/input is always welcome.. :)

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 17:41

Would be nice, as long as the wreck despawns after a time, it's a hostile universe and would get cluttered quickly otherwise. Maybe a check that the playership is in-sector before creating the wreck?

Also i can't recall seeing too many shipwreck models, only the x2 titan and a thresher(i think) in president's end

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 18:27

There're Xenon K wrecks(Menelaus' Paradise), Terran Osaka wrecks(One of the UK sectors off oort cloud) and several others, including the Odysseus and Tiger. Others, probably.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 19:54

all commonwealth M2 and M1 have wrecks. They look different to the ones you can find as debris in some sectors.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 23:53

i ve done some testing..

putting the wreckages into the game (by cheating them in) works as follows:

example the argon m2: copy the titan entry in the TShips file and paste it at the bottom of the file
go to Model and doubleclick on the scene file, change it to 0
then go to the bottom of the list and doubleclick on body file, change the 0 to ships\argon\argon_M2_wreck
dont forget to remove all turrets, since they are part of the scene file u just removed.. they dont work anyway.. perhaps u can also put speed to 0 since a wreck is not suposed to move.. :p
now go ingame and spawn ur wreck.. if you transport over, u just end up inside the ship tho.. but u can actually move it and all if u leave the speed settings the way they where.. lol

does anyone know what the TShipWrecks file is for btw..? :o

now another idea.. how bout u can make some entrys in the Tjobs file to put some wreckages in the game with some "easter eggs" in the cargo hold..? the player could go on a search across te galaxy to find some long lost tresure.. almost feels like them pirates sailing the seas finding a wreckage of some sunken ship filled with gold.. :D also the galaxy news system could be used to give hints on the wherabouts of these wreckages..

Edit: i ve put the "wreckage-leaving-exploding-ships idea in another topic.. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 79#3161579

Edit 2: i ve tried the same with missiles, and they too can be put ingame (as comandable ships) with this..

just put the body file at the bodom of the model page in the TShips entry of the ship, and the scene file at the top of the model page and u got urself a nice rocket u got control over..
usable if u wanna make a nice video or something.. :D

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 07:31

There is a script or two that looks around for wreckage to repair it into ships.... Also all the ship wreckage that I know of are X2 ship models.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 09:35

StormMagi wrote:

There is a script or two that looks around for wreckage to repair it into ships
true, but i think they must be actual wrecks to start with, the ones im talking about are actually ships placed in the game with the Tjobs file, ships that cant move or do anything else, just sit there.. (dont think a actual wreck can have something in its cargo anyway..)

StormMagi wrote:
Also all the ship wreckage that I know of are X2 ship models.
not exacly.. there are x2 wrecks but there are also x3 wrecks in the game.. correct me if im wrong but i think there are all the TL, m1 and m2 ships of the normal races i think..

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:14

From what I recall in past discussions (at least half a year ago), was that all the shipwrecks are X2 models, I know there are X3 station model wrecks around though.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 19:35

ill show you.. :)

ill make a little video with some x3 model wrecks in it..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”