[TC] Cannot Dock at Targos station - Earth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Drunkenseer
x3tc

Cannot Dock at Targos station - Earth

Post by Drunkenseer » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 12:19

I completed the final mission and need to drop the Aldrin delegates at the space station however I am unable to open comms to request docking permission.

I tried using Shift+D to auto dock however the ship flys away from the station and then gets blown to bits.

I remmebr tan option of docking instantly with a station in Reunion when you are close enpugh to the station, how do I do that in Terran Conflict?

{moved from TC Tech Support - Carlo}

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 12:35

Did you check the range to the station? It's too far for comms (and way too far for the docking computer).

Fly in manually - the autopilot will get you killed by the sentry guns.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 13:11

Did you check the range to the station? It's too far for comms (and way too far for the docking computer).
Actually, comms is 25km away from the station centre, whereas docking computer is 5km away from any bit of the station. Just fly to the nearest sticky out bit and use it, even though you're 30 or so km away from the docking bays! 8)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 14:02

the death free tunnel used to be very narrow in earlier patches
it is fixed now
but still every time i go there i fly manually directly towards the dock
and when in range using docking computer

geoffaudsley
x3tc

Post by geoffaudsley » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 13:15

I had this prob. I manually flew into Docking Bay( the doors do open). Tried to land got destroyed many times. realized that once inside- stop engines and comm. for Docking permission..sequence is then automated.If you rattle round in docking bay you will destroy your shields and ultimately yourself.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”