[TC] Gamma Kyon Emitters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jwigeland
x3tc

Gamma Kyon Emitters

Post by jwigeland » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 21:31

Oh darn! I can't find my thread on this earlier... gee I hope it didn't get deleted. :oops:

Um... need 32 GKE for the #deca. I know they'll drop from Carriers and Destroyers IF you destroy them BEFORE the guns are equipped (which, I assume, happens as soon as they notice you). Um... so, what... fly 50km out and use missiles from afar? LOL any help would be great. Thanks!

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 21:39

Are you at crusader rank yet ?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 22:37

I would rather do the opposite. Khaak capital may have some Bkyons - if you get close enough they may swap some Gkyons.
Right on commander !

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 01:39

/checks through manual...

Ah! I'm Warlod 80% so I've got a little bit to go. Right now I usually get one AKE and one BKE per cap, or nothing.

LOL I'll cruise through some Xenon sectors and then try this again once I rank up.

If I can engage them close in I'd prefer that method... lemme try that and see if it works. My Osaka can take it. :D

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 12:41

I haven't tested this yet in Khaak sectors, but I used a Deimos and Phased Shockwave Generators for a Xenon J in TU1. Result was a lot of droped Weapons and other things. If you don't hit the firebutton to hard at the last 10% of Hull, it my drop enough equipment for you. First I assumed using PSG would wreck everything and no drops. But the drops were huge, compared to regular destroying methods (PSP/PPC/Missiles). Perhaps you can try this method, as an experiment...

I was also able to capture two L. Totally surprising result, since I assumed a PSG would destroy every crate or bailed ship. The problem is, that the PSG is hard to control and either you do more damage or it is too weak for a effective strike :-(
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 13:41

Hm okay... well, I farmed capitals in the hive sector for an hour or so and only got 3 BKEs (all from carriers). I'm in an Osaka and can take the caps out head-on - they go poof at about 4km away. Am I doing something wrong?

Le Baron
x3tc

Post by Le Baron » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 13:47

I think it was zyriel who gave a good hint for this task:

Fire missile spam!

The AI will change their weapons from GKE to AKE & BKE to shoot down the missiles and will put the GKE into the cargo bay.
The drop only consists of freight, never of the weapons installed! :)

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds logic and zyriel is an experienced X-player.
Support optional Steam-free X:R!
optional (!!!) Non-Steam XR release or we won't buy!
Steam = Game Over!

York Bro
x3tc

Post by York Bro » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 14:05

not so sure that the "Crusader" rank is prequisite for GKE drops,
i collected a few, i think it was five, after staying in sector immediatly after the last FF mission, do not recall what my fighting rank was at the time but it was certainly not Crusader as i had been avoiding combat whenever possible upto that point,
that was maybe a game fornight ago, since, have been getting to grips with combat and the missions and have only very recently hit the Crusader (11%) rank,
i`ll hang the ringleaders for mutiny
who are the ringleaders
every fifth man

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 15:42

Oh... so I should let the PSPs do the heavy lifting and then throw out a ton of Poltergiests to finish the job? Hmm... well, I'll try that next. =)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: Gamma Kyon Emitters

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 17:03

jwigeland wrote:Oh darn! I can't find my thread on this earlier... gee I hope it didn't get deleted. :oops:
http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... &version=0

Normally, threads are never removed unless they're spam.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 19:19

Thanks Carlo! =)

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 20:40

i got 32 GKyons from less than 50 capitalships
they all dropped in sector 926
i started poltergeist spam from 10km away (or bit further)
try to make sure there is constant stream of missiles towards khaak during kill shot from PSP or during ramming to death

Osaka or Tyr will probably make the job faster but with invulnerable #deca its more comfy
get the poltergeists from Moon shipyard/military base clone method or build poltergeist complex after finishing Aldrin Expansion

Good Luck!

Edit: keep some alphas and betas for capturing khaak fighters i never got any fighters to bail after i started to use gammas only

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 21:40

Just poltergeist ? No other kind of missile ?

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:28

Got it! You just have to spam them with missiles so they switch in a couple of smaller guns to shoot them down... even if meanwhile you're hammering heavy with the PSP.

Me Likee! :D I try tonight and let you know how it goes.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:57

Goodfeller wrote:Just poltergeist ? No other kind of missile ?
any ship and any missile is ok but low damage swarm missile is better:)

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 02:22

Thanks!

WOW I got a top 3 medal! :o Oh... boarding efficiency 100%... LOLZ

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 05:35

Confirmed - missile spam is the key. I saw the capital fire blue beams at the missiles (instead of the yellow gammas) and sure enough - boom.

Cargo bay now contains Gamma Kyon Emitter. Yay!
Of the ones I've gotten so far, they came from 4 out of 6 carriers and 0 out of 6 destoyers. 4 down, 28 to go. :twisted:

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 12:59

Oh then I have also a question, what kind of ships do you use to survive in Khaaksectors. I used the Deimos with 8 PSG (and ISR turrents, it is very effective, also in Xenonsecotrs), but shields went quickly down to 50%. When I finally jumped into the sector with the "guardians" ther was one carrier. i finished the guardian quickly, but in the end I commited suicide with my Deimos. High speed and diashow PSG against a carrier, ended in a broken nose of my Deimos and a "game over" :-P

I use wasp-/silkworm-/thunderbolt-missiles. So you recommed e.g. wasp spamming, so the carrier switches from gamma to beta/alpha kyonemitters?
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 13:23

Eisenkalle wrote:Oh then I have also a question, what kind of ships do you use to survive in Khaaksectors.
Tyr-good firepower and shields, nice speed , low cargobay space, fast killer, tough to get especially in 2.5 > boarding only

Osaka-very similar to Tyr only bit slower and bit less firepower but nice cargobay space , therefore its one of the most comfy fast killers to use,very easy to get >buyable

#deca-before RE it is invincible and kinda boring and slow too - good choice for commanders who like to cruise while sipping coffee and reading books:) , if you are after Kyons then you probably have #deca

#Hyperion - Insane but very fun choice for more "hands on" type of combat
you wont get even 1 second of breathing time but you can kill everything if you bring enough whaith's , easy to board bit harder to find but poisoned paranid reward Hyperion is the best

Eisenkalle wrote:I use wasp-/silkworm-/thunderbolt-missiles. So you recommed e.g. wasp spamming, so the carrier switches from gamma to beta/alpha kyonemitters?
yes
the more missilles you send around the target the better chance for gamma kyons

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 13:29

I use the Osaka. When you first jump in its a little hairy as there's usually a Guardian, Carrier, and Destroyer all fairly clos to you. However, after that I basically sit on SETA and let the turrets do their thing until I see another capital pop up on the sector map.

I use a constant stream of Poltergeist missiles - since they're a swarm type, it prompts the target to switch some of its Kyons to Betas.

If you can get Wraiths the Osaka is arguably almost unbeatable. Unfortunately there aren't any in my game (until I build my own factories) but it's still my favorite M2.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”