[X3:TC] Tractor Beams Fixed!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Biroboy
x3tc

[X3:TC] Tractor Beams Fixed!

Post by Biroboy » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 00:35

Hey all,

I just thought I'd pass this on for anyone who played Reunion and has moved onto Terran Conflict. The Tractor Beam in TC has been completely fixed from the shambles it was back in Reunion. I'd been putting off moving mines for quite some time as I remembered how painful it was with the tractor beam back in Reunion.

I tried it out this-morning to build a multi-mine complex, and was fully expecting the job to take as long as it used to in reunion (about 1/2 an hr to 45 minutes per mine). In-fact the tractor beam is now a lot more stable. No more death wobbles when you're towing mines. No need to drive a ship with turrets that can hold tractor beams so you can be constantly refining your connection point while you tow. The 'move to position' autopilot command also works while towing a station, so you can use the autopilot to precision position towed stations. Also you can just max your throttle and it auto-caps your speed so you'll almost never drop a station.

Props to Ego for making this into a far more useful tool than it was back in the old Reunion days!

-- Biro

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 00:47

Will any non mined asteroid that has been moved stay moved?

Biroboy
x3tc

Post by Biroboy » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 00:56

I'm open to correction, but I'm under the impression that you can only move 'roids that already have mines on them. If you can move them tho I'd guess that they would stay moved, altho if they get broken up by mobile miners then that may throw things off.

Scott C.
x4

Post by Scott C. » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 00:59

Can't move 'roids.
Cheers,
Scott

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 01:10

Yeah. Good job, Ego.

Repairing this was simply the best fix in the entire game, IMO.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”