Gain Split Reputation by killing Boron X3TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diablos
x3tc

Gain Split Reputation by killing Boron X3TC

Post by Diablos » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 19:16

I am currently trying to increase my reputation with the Split and have no love for the Boron, I assumed killing them in split space since they are mortal enemies would work but I lost rep with both races. Do I need to buy a police licence or will I ahve to stick to killing xenon?

I'm planning to havea pirate existence with just a couple of species friendly (using the pirate guld script to make that easier) what races would you recomend keeping friendly?

Cheers

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 19:18

Split will like it when you kill Boron in their space, regardless of their current opinion of you.

Scott C.
x4

Post by Scott C. » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 19:19

Thuruk's Beard + A sixer = Great fishing

I'd stick with the Teladi, Split, and/or Argon.... Just preference with the Split, an 'enemy of my enemy...' sort of thing with the Argon. The Teladi are exceedingly useful.
Cheers,
Scott

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Gain Split Reputation by killing Boron X3TC

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 21:13

Diablos wrote:I am currently trying to increase my reputation with the Split and have no love for the Boron, I assumed killing them in split space since they are mortal enemies would work but I lost rep with both races. Do I need to buy a police licence or will I ahve to stick to killing xenon?...
If you're attacking Dolphin freighters, assuming they're all Boron, that's your mistake. NPC free traders can fly anything. Make sure the ship is actually owned by a Boron before you attack it. Otherwise, attacking anything Boron in Split space will increase your Split rep.
Last edited by Nanook on Wed, 3. Feb 10, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 21:15

Does this work the other way around? I wanna help the care bears of the X3 universe...because green is good! I'll bet the split don't even recycle....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 21:19

Kill Split/Boron in Boron/Split space to raise your respective rep. Kill Argon/Paranid in Paranid/Argon space with the same effects.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 21:40

what about the pirates, i did some piracy in their territory and i got a message that i was going to be attacked or something

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 22:04

The piracy messages are all lies, they say thanks when you blow up their stations and defences. Pirates hate you for attacking anything pirate (including gates in pirate sectors)
I fly Terran for the accents

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 22:06

Target the ship then comm them to see who is flying it....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 18:26

AgamemnonArgon wrote:Target the ship then comm them to see who is flying it....
Hmm - I've seen more than a few glitches on the video display when doing that. Better to check the ship ID. The first letter represents the owning race.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”