[REQ] Shadow Radiers (War Planets) Mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LordBane999

[REQ] Shadow Radiers (War Planets) Mods?

Post by LordBane999 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 16:13

This is less of a request and well I hope a challenge (I know it would be one too me with no skills), but there use to be this cool cartoon on ytv called shadow warriors (originally called War Planets), it had few types of ships but the coolest thing in it was the moveable moons/planets (think of battlestations the size or larger then the death star but strap an engine (called "world engines" in the cartoon) on the back of the thing to give it movement

so i wanted too see if anyone wnated to give a shot at recreating these bad boys the easiest and smallest of them would be the five battle moons of planet rock

here's an excerpt from wikipedia that best describes the moons "Battle Moons
Five moons converted into enormous weapon platforms, the Battle Moons are a unique defensive as well as offensive attribute to Planet Rock. Armed with a truly massive energy cannon as well as countless short-range defensive turrets, they are an imposing sight to intruders and an empowering sight to denizens of Rock looking up at them in the night sky. Only Planet Rock possesses these weapons as no other planet in the cluster possesses the materials to build them, and they are virtually impervious to conventional attacks. However, it should be noted that by the second season, only three of them remain - the other two were destroyed by single shots from one of the Beast Planet's Null energy Cannons. Their shields can barely bounce off these shots. The red Battle Moon was destroyed first, as soon as the Beast Planet emerged from the sun, as a gruesome demonstration of the power of the Beast planet, and the green Battle Moon was destroyed when it stumbled into the line of fire of one of the Beast Planet's cannons while attempting to defend planet Fire. On the inside, it carries numerous ships located in tight spaces. It is theorized that one well placed bomb can cripple the Alliance. The denizens of Planet Fire live on the moons."

here's a link containing images of the original toys i found http://www.virtualtoychest.com/warplane ... anets.html

also becasue the difficulty to get pics, here is a youtube link of an episode with the moons in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstbIv53X1A just check out the combat at 5:40 when they come in and watch them fight to get a good understanding of their power

also here is a link to the next part in which one of them gets destroyed which is needed to show how much power it takes to destroy them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8--2Y2plPc&NR=1

also while they are moons they are considered mobile battle stations and can deploy reinforcements when needed and in great numbers but due to cpu limitations maybe about 400 dock spaces (per moon) for ships if possible

EDIT: here's another link showing a deflection of a insta-kill op wep when the shield is concetrated, start watching at 7:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWY0PWYqlQ
The Immortal Reaper Lives On.

xcal13
x4

Post by xcal13 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 00:30

like mobile Orbital Weapons Platforms
"War, war never changes..."

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 04:31

I imagine a Battle Moon could cause some interesting episodes when it pass through a jump gate :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

LordBane999

Post by LordBane999 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 06:28

xcal13 wrote:like mobile Orbital Weapons Platforms
yes basically
Zaitsev wrote:I imagine a Battle Moon could cause some interesting episodes when it pass through a jump gate :p
lol technically they might be too big too fit in a jumpgate, plus while they can leave orbit they do not usually leave a sector as their given primary use is for defensive protection of planets and stations, occasionly though like in the episode clips they will leave to assist a fleet, but they lack any ability to teleport, and are more meant for orbital attacks the purpose of them being again as defensive weapons

with this said they usually aren't meant to leave a sector they are protecting by if they do, they most likely only have a limited range and be able to move to only close proximity sectors where a friendly force is located

also while they each can be individually controlled, usually their central control room is on planet rock where they help move and attack with them as a group
The Immortal Reaper Lives On.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”