[TC] Flailing in the wind .. again!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bcarter3
x3tc

Flailing in the wind .. again!

Post by bcarter3 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 23:27

Took a looooooong break from TC, and even last time I never completed any of the main plots, anyhoo, here I am again, and I could use some ship advice.

Started on Humble Merchant line, and managed to build up a decent network of traders, so I'm sitting on around 100 million right now. The trading is slowly opening up the Split rep so I can get a Tiger; however, it's slow going.

Could anybody suggest a decent ship (and best weapon loadouts) that will enable me to speed up Split faction gain through missions / combat. I really want to keep as many races as possible friendly right now, so blasting the bediddlies out of pirates isn't a good option for me right now.

I have no fighting ships at all, just a fleet pretty much full of Boron Dolphin Super Freighters.

Dabbled with complex building last time I played, but that was so long ago I've pretty much forgotten what I knew about it back then. How much capital do you need to have to start doing the build missions - and which TL is considered the best as a purchase.

Any help / suggestions on any of the above is welcome.

dandog2142
x3tc

Post by dandog2142 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 23:31

Well, concerning TLs, the nice thing is that in TC, you can hire them by speaking to the captain and paying a quite small fee, then you can give them directions and they will do (mostly) whatever you tell them to do. Now for getting rep up with the Split, I recommend patrol missions inside of Split sectors with an M2 or a M7M, just head toward the enemy, be it Xenon, Ka'ak, or Yaki, and blast away to earn a fairly decent amount of credits and Rep gain with each kill. As for the weapon loadouts for the ships, if it's a missile frigate, loads of flail missiles for fighters and numerous other missiles for anything else. For the M2 or M1, load them with the select "heavy weapon" for that race, I have a Titan and it's loaded with PPCs for example, oh, and lots of Flak and Cluster Arrays. As for credits for build missions, I would suggest about 10 million just for starting.
Last edited by dandog2142 on Fri, 5. Feb 10, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
"Are you one of those loooosers who watches anime in English?"
"Why yes, yes I am :|"

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 23:39

My in - game character ,Norman, has done as you desire._buit rep with minum fighting.There is very little he can't buy,(one or two capitals somewhere).
He is now doing the Hub plot,being the only one so far.
See my link and feel free to ask me any questions there or via PM

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”