[AL Plugin] EJon-Tech/MarCon Ind. 'Trading Plugin' (1.2 German Aug 9 2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

EmperorJon
x3tc

[AL Plugin] EJon-Tech/MarCon Ind. 'Trading Plugin' (1.2 German Aug 9 2010)

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 15:53

The EJon-Tech and MarCon Ind. Planetary Support Stations and Economic Booster plugin.
Aka. 'Trading Plugin' :wink:
By EmperorJon and Mark_A_Condren

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Please report bugs, suggestions etc. in this thread.

Now looking for translators! PM me!

Description

This is an AL Plugin for TC which adds in plenty of new features, with many more planned, and is centered mainly on those who enjoy the more peaceful side of TC. Or if you just want to be able to refuel your M2 easier :roll: (see 3).
The 4 current features are:

1. The Planetary Support Stations (Or PSS for short)
About 20 new stations around the universe, which buy some wares and sell lots of wares, belonging both to the owner race and another nearby race, in order to stimulate trade. Some of these stock unique and hard-to-find wares. Including the 'Laser weapons'. You're easily notified by subtitle when 3 hours has passed, and warned that in 5 minutes the Shuttles will arrive at the PSS and sort out the wares. To see the exact way that this works, look in the spoiler down the page...

2. The P2PSS Ability
Buy the licence from the menu, then 15 seconds and 150% energy cells and you're there, next to the PSS, no matter how far from a gate it was. Very useful for a trader in desperate need to sell their wares... and possibly get past any... hinderances in the sector... like Customs and Police.

3. The Transporter Trader
Buy the licence from the menu, and trading gets a whole lot easier. When you first start out you have to dock manually or automatically. When you get a docking computer you can land from 5km away. But now, with the perfected Transporter Device Integration you can trade with a station and have your freight beamed to and from the station, even if you couldn't usually dock there. You want to trade in a TL? Feel free! Want to take on some more fuel for your Destroyer? Just park up near the local Solar Power Plant!

4. Station Placements
Your PPSs getting low on some stuff regularly? No worries! EJon-Tech will fund more stations, within a few sectors of the PSS you may start to notice stations popping up to supply those resources which are hard to get hold of!

Info, Recognitions and Thanks, and 'The Future'

Info:

The following info may spoil how the PSSs actually work. Therefore...
Spoiler
Show
Every 3 hours the PSS will check through all its resources, find the lowest percentage of a full bar, and the remove that percentage from all resources and add it to all products. So, if one ware only has 1%, it will only remove 1% of each resource, and add 1% off the product, rounding up. So it might remove 1 of every resource and make 1 Capital Class weapon which it can only hold 8 of anyway. :lol:

Thanks to:
Cycrow, for stuff. Yeah... :wink:

LV. Nice template for plugins which got me going.

Mark_A_Condren, who decided he'd help out big time and make this a full blown joint project. He spent a lot of time making all the menus and text look all nice, and laid out properly, then spiced up all my stuff and got it working right. So he's just as much the author as me. :D

Khensu for posting this a long time ago: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265434

Marcin626 for upcoming Polish translation.

Alex Vanderbilt for upcoming German translation.

Anyone else. You if you've downloaded it, or suggested, or reported a bug or whatever.

'The Future':

1. More PSSs will be added. I know the SE has none, and the area around Omicron Lyrae could do with a few...

2. Any bugs will be corrected, obviously!

3. Smugglers will be added to deal in wares which have no real source.

4. There may be a few things to do with Terran Weapons Factories... :roll:

5. Surprise! I'm not going to tell you yet!?

Permissions:

Feel free to use any bit of this in any non-profitting way. I don't mind, and I'm sure Mark doesn't. (Confirmed, he agrees)

Download:

Download here - Google Code.

Planetary Support Stations and Economic Booster
SPK:
http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... k&can=2&q=

ZIP:
http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... p&can=2&q=

1.2 (German)

SPK:
http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... k&can=2&q=

ZIP:
http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... p&can=2&q=

Installation Instructions:

Without Previous Version:

Zip:

-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
or
-> Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
-> Start AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Set Hotkeys (Installed AFTER the plugin is Started).

SPK:

Use Cycrows Plugin Manager.

WITH Previouse Version Installed:
IF you have not had any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES NOT show any 'Unknown' entries.

Zip:

-> Use Above Clean Install Method.
-> No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

SPK:

-> Delete ALL Previous Versions of the script from your 'scripts' and 't' folders.
-> Use Cycrows Plugin Manager.
-> No need to Stop or Start AL plugin.

IF you HAVE HAD any Stations replaced and the PSS Locations Menu DOES show any 'Unknown' entries.

Zip:

-> STOP AL Plugin (Sorry, but required to update corrupted Global Variable Arrays)
-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Extract Zip file to your X3-TC Main Installation folder. Overwrite when Prompted.
or
->Extract to a location of your choice and copy file to the correct folders in your X3-TC Main Installation folder.
-> Load Previous Save game.
-> Restart AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Reset Hotkeys (These are removed when AL plugin is Stopped).

SPK:

-> STOP AL Plugin (Sorry, but required to update corrupted Global Variable Arrays)
-> Save Game.
-> Exit Game.
-> Remove ALL previous 'Script' and 't' files MANUALLY.
or
-> Use Cycrows Plugin Manager to Install files.
-> Load Previous Save game.
-> Restart AL Plugin from AL Menu.
-> Reset Hotkeys (These are removed when AL plugin is Stopped).

Thanks to everyone who has tested for us and for your patience. Now, please enjoy.

As per normal, please report any buggy or bad behaviour on the 'Scripts' behalf.

MarCon
Compatability Issues:
There will be issues with Mods which:
1. Use the **UNDEFINED** model which is used by the PSS.
2. Change the sectors (general universe layout etc.) as the PSSs are set to be in certain sectors.

Screenshots:

http://ejontech-tc.webs.com/apps/photos ... id=8119254

Poll/Form:

http://ejontech-tc.webs.com/psspoll.htm

QuickFinder:

I'm fed up of not being able to find this thread quickly enough, so now when I enter 'Neebong' into the search, this'll be the only thing that comes up! Genius!
Last edited by EmperorJon on Mon, 9. Aug 10, 14:47, edited 19 times in total.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 15:54

Changelog and Versions:

Full Release 1.2 (German version! Available here for the time being, soon on the German forums.)

Full Release 1.1 (SPK only)
Hotfix- SPK Updated from version 1 to version 1.1 (possable SPK packaging error)

Full Release 1.0
Removed from beta statis (finally)
Fix- Player owned PSS stations issue fixed (sorry no more free stations )
Change- Single message at startup listing all PSS stations, rather than individual message for each station.
Change- Same goes for replaced station messages.
Fix- Player being charged / paid to transfer wares to / from player owned stations, corrected.
Fix- text alignment problem in transfer menu, corrected.
Fix- Economy boost stations not being created when they should have, corrected.
Change- Fine tuning on P2PSS jumping, tweaked a bit.
Fix- Transfer amount menu showing incorrect values, corrected.
Fix- other fixes and tweaks.

Other Beta Versions, with necessary fixes but no real additions.

V1.1 (Beta)
Includes PSSs, TD, P2PSS and Station Placements for extra supply, I'll update the necessary details in the next Readme, sorry.

Addition- Options Menu
Addition- Confirmation on software purchase
Fix- Issues with respawn
Fix- The TD Trading script can now be used for Trading Stations and Docks
Fix- Menu updating (Sats/Beacons)
Fix- Typos

V1.0 (Beta)
Includes PSSs, TD and P2PSS (And, it turns out, Station Placements for extra supply, I'll have to update the readme for the next version. It probably would have been in the next version anyway, mind you.)
Last edited by EmperorJon on Mon, 9. Aug 10, 14:06, edited 5 times in total.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 16:08

I don't mind, and I'm sure Mark doesn't.
Permission Granted.
As EmperorJon said, and Just give credit where it belongs.

Thanks to Cycrow, for permission to adapt some of his scripts. :)
And for being an unsuspecting victim of pestering. Your help is always much appreciated.

MarCon

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 16:36

WOW
i think ima be downloading this!

One question;
you say new stations - are they totally new models or same models with different purposes and names?

But this... sounds AWESOME!
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 17:00

If they were new modles it would be a Mod, it's not. I presume that's why you were asking? :wink:

It's just a station undefined by the game, so when you click on it the Autopilot simply says 'Undefined' and it has no description, which suits it's purpose perfectly!

They're called 'EJon-Tech Planetary Support Station'
______
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 17:41

Also, I've decided to add a Poll with some options. I'd like anyone who visits the page to fill it in please! :wink:

You don't have to until its downloadable if you really want to...

EDIT: Or I would do if I can remeber how...

EDIT2: Seems I can't if I've already posted it. I'm sure I could do it by 'edit' before...
______
______

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 17:58

#1 please dont use dark blue text - impossible to read without having to highlight

#2 so when you target it, it will say 'UNDEFINED'? same in the menus?
Sounds like an unfinished job to me.

#3 What sectors are these PSS based in? Whats exclusive about them? Do we actually see shuttles going in to it? Do NPC trade with it?

That'l be all for now...
(otherwise, nice job)
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:09

1. Sorry. Note, EJon-Tech in dark blue-ish in the Plugin. It's not that bad though because the backround isn't dark. Actually, it's probably light blue not dark.

2. 'Undefined' is what the Autopilot calls it, its name that shows up is 'EJon-Tech Planetary Support Station' as I've already pointed out. I didn't put blue this time, happy now?! :lol:

3. They're in the same sectors every time, in the same place (unless it has a problem with collision detection in which case it gets bumped), in the general direction of one of the planets. You'll have a full list of them all in the (rather nich looking) menu.

They're exclusive because they stock a huge number of wares, because they create so much trade, and because they are guaranteed to be there (they respawn) so the player can exploit them. :twisted:

Yes, the NPCs do trade with it, it's like any other factory! The only difference really being that the production is turned off. It doesn't 'make' anything, it's resupplied by scripts.
______
______

Nho
x3

Re: [AL Plugin] EJon-Tech/MarCon Ind. PSS & Economic Booster (Beta Feb 06 2010)

Post by Nho » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:17

Hi EmpJon & MarCon
EmperorJon wrote:
1. The Planetary Support Stations (Or PSS for short)
About 20 new stations around the universe, which buy some wares and sell lots of wares, belonging both to the owner race and another nearby race, in order to stimulate trade.
What about diplomatic relations? What happens if the two owners are at war with each other?
EmperorJon wrote:
4. There will be checks to add in factories which the economy is lacking in...
Factories would be added in the whole universe or only in the sector with a PSS?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:28

@Nho

What about diplomatic relations? What happens if the two owners are at war with each other?
Currently the PSSs are tweaked to trade with however is nearest and not already 'linked' to another PSS. This will be tweaked in the future, as more are added, and because we currently have a few 'dead end' PSS trade routes. The PSSs are desinged to be supported by the other PSSs, whilst supporting factories nearby. For example, Paranid Prime PSS trades its 'proximity wares' in Argon wares, buying Meatsteak and selling Argnu and Wheat, however, the nearest Argon PSS in Argon Prime, and trades with Boron 'proximity wares' as they are closer, and the Kingdom End one trades with Argon wares.

Tweaking will be neccesary. I already see the opportunity for a Paranid-trading PSS in CBSW.

I assume that, as by default TC, the wars are more 'cold wars' than real conflicts, and that EJon-Tech, a private company has set these up, and therefore will trade with anyone, whether they're 'enemies' or not.

Factories would be added in the whole universe or only in the sector with a PSS?
The idea is that it checks for PSSs with a severe lack in something, then eventually will place a station within a few sectors providing the neccesary wares, so the Argon Prime PSS often has no BoFu, as it is a bit of a run to the nearest Boron food-sector. After a while, this would lead to 1 or 2 L BoFu Chemical Labs being put down somehwere nearby. This still needs to be perfected and I hope to release it soon, but as it will require a looking over by Mark, and I think he needs a break, it may be a little while yet. :wink:

General Note:

There's now a form and 4 pictures on my site (link at bottom of first post), these pictures answer some of the previous questions, and please fill out the form too!

Please keep asking questions!
______
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:31

Ah, but there is now a more important update!

Upload is done, link is in post 1.
______
______

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:41

Hi Nho
What about diplomatic relations?
I'm noticing a trend here ...

Stations are placed within 5 sectors (Jumps) of the PSS, and belong to the the race that controls that sector. (Pssst ...don't tell EJon, but it's already working in this beta ....Shhhh)

EDIT: Sorry, in the Beta stations are set for between 0 and 2 sectors away, it was set at 5 but this was to much to be effective, therefore the change. this will be a bit more fine tuned in further releases. Thats the idea of the Beta, to get feedback and refine parameters further.

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Sun, 7. Feb 10, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 18:44

Stations are placed within 5 sectors (Jumps) of the PSS, and belong to the the race that controls that sector. (Pssst ...don't tell Ejon, but it's already working in this beta ....Shhhh)
WHAAAAA!!!!?? :o

You didn't tell me you'd done that!?

I'd made the script, yes, but it was a bit dodgy, and every now and then put in the Aldrin factories which stock everything...

Anything else that I planned out the you've made work? :wink:
______
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 19:47

Just to clarify a response I've received (i'm guessing it was you Bradz):

About Undefined. It's impossible to get rid of it. Sure, I could make a Mod, design my own building etc. , but I don't want to, this wasn't meant to be a Mod, it's a Plugin.

Spending several hours downloading an editor, making a new station and getting it to work and look good, just so that when you click on a station the Autopilot says something else instead of 'Undefined'? I don't think so, especially seeing as it can't be changed to anything that would make sense.

If you're not happy with it, then don't download. That's fine. But I think you're being a little picky for the sake of a single word which the autopilot speaks, to be honest...

And another note I haven't mentioned:

The 'picture' if you like, the... symbol, map symbol thingy of the Undefined station is a HQ symbol, so they're easily identifiable.
______
______

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 21:02

mark_a_condren wrote:
I'm noticing a trend here ...
Yeah, X universe Pax Romana tends to annoy me a bit :) I'll like to see a real diplomacy system for the AI factions where belonging to one of them means something. Some mods out there are working in that direction, and given I'm using them, there isn't any more cold war in my game, it's total war (almost). That's why I am wondering if your script here would fit in my game. The Paranid lil' merchant reaching a Argon/Paranid PSS in Argon Prime would probably be The lucky man in the universe.

But if I understand well what your script does, a Argon/Paranid PSS in Argon Prime could be supplied with Paranid goods by Teladi merchants right?
EmperorJon wrote:
The idea is that it checks for PSSs with a severe lack in something, then eventually will place a station within a few sectors providing the neccesary wares, so the Argon Prime PSS often has no BoFu, as it is a bit of a run to the nearest Boron food-sector. After a while, this would lead to 1 or 2 L BoFu Chemical Labs being put down somehwere nearby. This still needs to be perfected and I hope to release it soon, but as it will require a looking over by Mark, and I think he needs a break, it may be a little while yet. Wink
If this "somewhere nearby" is an Argon sector, those Bofu Chemical labs would be owned by Argon or Boron?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 21:11

1. Yes, anyone can trade, so if your races shoot traders on sight, the PSS in need of an 'enemies'' ware would eaily be supplied by someone neutral to both sides, which usually means the Teladi! :lol:

2. They're owned by their natural owner, so Boron.
______
______

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 11:41

I'm not sure how possible/useful this would be, but how about have the station act like an EQ dock, except the wares which it doesn't sell but does buy, when sold to it, are added to its list of wares?
If that makes any sense at all. :roll:

So, say you sell an ISR (this is without actually having looked at the plugin yet, so assuming no Boron PSSes sell ISRs :oops: ) to a Boron PSS, it then adds that to its list of wares, permanently. I reckon that'd open up whole new markets, but without exploiting the bottomless EQ dock.

*downloading plugin now*
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 11:50

Actually, I'm having much fun playing this muself, from the Poisoned Paranid start, dumps me right in Boron space around Rolk's Legacy (Spawned in T. Sanctum) and R's. Lcy. has a PSS! I've now got the necessary Jumpdrive stuff, and I'm popping all over the galaxy buying and selling food and bio in severe lack-age! :wink: (Lack-age?!)

It's great, and I'm making decent cash!

Not only that, but
so assuming no Boron PSSes sell ISRs
They don't! :lol:

Because ISRs are Split/Paranid/Teladi not Argon/Boron

Rolk's Legacy PSS does, however stock the IPG. Which I believe you meant.
______
______

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:03

Thought nobody would understand me.

What I meant was that if a station does not sell an item (like Boron not stocking ISRs(!!)) then if you sell one or more to it, the station would sort of 'reverse-engineer' the item, and then stock it normally.
So a Boron PSS doesn't sell ISRs. If you sell an ISR to it, it will then permanently stock the ISR as a ware, even if the one you give it is taken away. Like a vanilla EQ dock, but the ware doesn't disappear into the ether, and the station researches it, adding it to the ware inventory. Get my drift now?
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:05

I did understand you, you sell a ware to it and it becomes in stock!

2 things though.

1. It'd mean that eventually you'd have a product and resource that were the same for the same station. :wink:

2. It's impossible. As far as I can see.
______
______

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”