[X3:TC] How much do you use SETA?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

In X3:TC, what percentage of game time do YOU spend in SETA?

0-15% - Rarely or never
22%
15-30% - Sometimes
13%
30-45% - Often
19%
45-60% - Alot
16%
60-75% - As often as possible
14%
75-100% - Nearly always
15%

Total votes: 85

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

[X3:TC] How much do you use SETA?

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:32

Ok simple poll with a simple question...
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:35

i put down often as possible,

my aim is to get -atleast- 20 LTs trading in all major race systems before i start anything

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:41

Catra wrote:i put down often as possible,

my aim is to get -atleast- 20 LTs trading in all major race systems before i start anything
Don't need to use SETA for that, you just need a good training ground... funnily enough Terran space has worked quite well for me (though some have claimed they have had problems there)

BTW... does your SETA to game time percentage match your selection?

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 12:58

Mogul. Battlemaster. Vanilla. X3TC.
I use SETA for in system travel. That's it, I prefer to manage my game when I am there.
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 13:42

Strangely, i would say that i use it rarely, only for traveling, but my stats page indicates that it's not exactly true - i've been in SETA slightly above one third of the time: 16 out of 43 in-game days.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 13:52

ivak wrote:Strangely, i would say that i use it rarely, only for traveling, but my stats page indicates that it's not exactly true - i've been in SETA slightly above one third of the time: 16 out of 43 in-game days.
You obviously do alot of travelling :lol:

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 13:53

Any time I'm not docked in a station, looking at some menu, or in combat, I'm in SETA.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 13:57

My stats show about 33% time saved on SETA. I guess that is mostly just travelling and a bit of waiting for things to happen (ships to arrive in sector or dock, etc). Also a fair time spent on SETA on those follow and report missions. The only times I have ever regretted using SETA is on those scan asteroid missions (splat!) or on going through gates and so failing to register the event horizon. Put SETA on a spacesuit for repair purposes and we are talking! (Yes, I know you can eject and get one, etc.)

York Bro
x3tc

Post by York Bro » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 14:09

I only tend to use Seta for towing Mines\Asteroids purposes as I find the 80m\s ceiling quite tedious in the larger sectors,

2nd edit.. having just checked (ingame) realised I had quoted incorrect stats (previous game)
for current game - elapsed time is 24 d 01 h 04 m whilst Seta use is shown at 23 h 29m 20 s
i`ll hang the ringleaders for mutiny
who are the ringleaders
every fifth man

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 15:05

I don't use SETA at all, although before I depended very heavily on it. I feel as if I can do more in less time without it.

infohata
x4

Post by infohata » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 16:15

actually i could use reverse seta... i.e. 1/2, 1/4 of time etc... or it'd be nice to be able to manage stuff while paused, as I have a lot to manage these days...
Pick the Best, kick the rest...
Travel more! :)
CodeMaster

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 16:21

infohata wrote:actually i could use reverse seta... i.e. 1/2, 1/4 of time etc... or it'd be nice to be able to manage stuff while paused, as I have a lot to manage these days...
I could go with that,... there are times when you need to do everything at once and other times when you are really stuck with doing nothing (like travelling long distances).

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 18:04

Only during the in-sector travel (I sit mostly in my Mistral and it's max speed of 78 is a pain in the behind), and when docking my TS to a shipyard, the whole procedure is a pain, like parking an elephant on top of a barrel of wine. :x
Otherwise, no SETA. Especially no SETA un-attended. Somtimes no SETA even in-sector, I can punch the auto-pillok, lay back and browse my property panel until docked. This is happening more and ore often the more assets I have in TC. Empire-management is a lot of fun to me. And a neverending source of bewildering boredom to anyone unlucky enough to be sitting near me while I am playing TC hehe.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 19:05

Don't need to use SETA for that, you just need a good training ground
i do need it. so, yea, what you gotta say to that? :)

[quote=funnily enough Terran space has worked quite well for me (though some have claimed they have had problems there)
[/quote]

terran space is wonky, with the orbital supply docks being the only supply point for a ware sometimes, the guys would get stuck in a loop trying to buy it when they cant (due to some buying logic fail)
BTW... does your SETA to game time percentage match your selection?
it would actually be closer to the last option, i thought this was how long we used SETA for, not seta to game time ratios :P

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 20:23

Only when travelling because most of the ships are of...god..so...slow.....

seriously who thought that trying to drag a m2 to the middle of a 150km sector at 60ms would be fun.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 20:27

The game stat is 'time saved due (to) SETA' and not time spent using SETA. Both times, or percentages of time, could change completely according to the SETA multiplier selected in options.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 20:35

Alan Phipps wrote:The game stat is 'time saved due (to) SETA' and not time spent using SETA. Both times, or percentages of time, could change completely according to the SETA multiplier selected in options.
Well I suppose I was actually meaning how much time you save, but I think most people have got the ghist anyway... but good point :)

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 20:50

6 game days, 3 days saved = 50%

I use SETA mainly when I am going from a to b within a sector; or if I am in my M7 waiting for a stray M3 to dock, or if I want the TL to get to location quicker... so on so forth.

When I have mobile miners out doing their thing I will often just fly from one sector to another using SETA rather than jumping.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 21:11

I'd be quite interested to see rankings based on peoples stats, of percentage of game time in SETA. Shame Ego doesn't support this :(

Percentage of saved over realtime (or saved over total elapsed) so SETA multiplier is irrelevant. I like the idea of it compared with realtime so 100% shows more time has passed under SETA than actually playing!

Anyway, my time stats:

Code: Select all

Elapsed realtime      10d  19:07:52
Elapsed time in game  13d  07:43:25
Time saved due SETA    2d  12:35:33
So 19% of total elapsed.

@KarlHemmings - 50% and you just use it when travelling or waiting for ships to move/dock? :O That's pretty high!
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Markhor

Post by Markhor » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 02:34

My stats show I've saved maybe 20-30 minutes more than I spent playing =o Which is nice..Idk why though it shouldn't..

oh wait, SETA 1000% all the time =p useful to recharge lasers.

BUT i have maybe 3 hours max ingame. I keep starting new chars.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”