[TC] Drone recovery anyone???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chinookmike
x3tc

Drone recovery anyone???

Post by chinookmike » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 14:40

Is there any command available to allow me to pick up my drones after a scuffle? A 'dock drones' command would be wonderful. If I deploy enough drones to make a difference, most of them are dead before I can pick them up..... :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 15:11

If you launch them from (or later command them to follow or protect) a ship that can dock other ships and has a free docking bay then the drones will redock when there are no enemies about. Otherwise you need to tell them to stop and then pick them up personally one by one. Best to think of them as disposable assets I'm afraid.

tonic1080
x4

Post by tonic1080 » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 21:42

*bump*

Drone control is definitely is a lacking point on this game. Especially when it comes to drone recall.
The commands for launching, directing, and attacking are just fine but it seems absurd that there isn't even a basic "return to freight bay" command.

I noticed that a Trade MK3 equipped TS automated ship (fully upgraded) automatically launched its drones to protect itself from pirates and the drones automatically returned to the freight bay when it was all done. It is so irritating that I cannot get them to do that on my Corvette class ship when I am flying it.

Oh yeah, and freight drones mess up and sit idle in space 1/2 the time with their freight at the destination but not actually dropping it off (eventually running out of power and losing the freight). I don't have any scripts on that yet so it is a vanilla problem.

I think these should be a big priority for a future patch. (think there is a thread for that and I will post this over there)

Merephet
x3tc

Post by Merephet » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 01:48

Same here, but i think the UT will get all the drones since its probly OoS. You can pick up the freight drone with cargo and you get his cargo and the drone. but its so strange indeed, you can send all the fighters in and out the hagar so why not do the same with the drones, and what about the reccon drone its just a ordinary items like warhead or firearms.
X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 05:01

have you looked at the mars scripts?
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 06:22

If we had a "Return Drones" command what is to stop people from putting many hundreds of drones in a TS and slaughtering...well...anything, over and over?

Make a drone-factory and you have more than you will ever need.

note-If we DO get drone-recall I propose a HUGE price-raise on the drones.

My $0.03
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

grinningsphinx
x2

Post by grinningsphinx » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:09

your .03 cents doesnt make A BIT OF SENSE in a single player game...

Whats stopping you from using MARS or advanced drone scripts now? nothing.

chibajoe
x3tc

Post by chibajoe » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:18

RandomBandit wrote:If we had a "Return Drones" command what is to stop people from putting many hundreds of drones in a TS and slaughtering...well...anything, over and over?

Make a drone-factory and you have more than you will ever need.

note-If we DO get drone-recall I propose a HUGE price-raise on the drones.

My $0.03
You realize there's nothing to stop you from doing this in a TM with an open docking bay now, right?

:roll:

Silverblade The Enchanter
x3tc

Post by Silverblade The Enchanter » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 23:39

I love MKII drones...but flak/heavy missiles explosions end up slaughtering the poor wee luvvies!

Diving into a bunch of Xenon Ps and Qs in my Springblossom, dumping 45 MKII drones...I love the smell of ozone in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY! :twisted:

Very damn good as" back up" for "FUBAR" moments on any of your ships, Griffon Sentinels being my fleet's main warships
Would love to see the Sentinel gettign an actual drone ability, like "launch specific number in one go/attack all enemies and dock" command, since according to lore it's got special use just for drones.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”