IDEA: Huge Movable Base

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dmichailcz

IDEA: Huge Movable Base

Post by dmichailcz » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 23:30

I was thinking about this for a long time. When i finally got my own Hub, I was dissapointed. My idea is about creating huge base, something like Death Star from Star Wars (with different design).

I really like idea of big station, twice size than Argon shipyard in Cloudbase South East, in which you can "hide" and push SETA button...

My ideas:

- Huge capacity of goods, fighters, maybe even inside docks for capital ships (although I can't imagine, how computer would dock off when player is IS).

- Base would be inmobile, or maybe with max. speed about 2 m/s. Equipped with special "Massive jumpdrive" allowing it to jump to chosen position in any sector (because base can't fit in jumpgates), for big expense of E-cells (like 50,000 for jumping one sector).

- Be able to produce ships like PHQ can do, maybe even produce stations and load them on TLs.

- Building such base would be real challenge, with costs rising to billions credits. Eating amount of resources.

- Some mission background, like finding plans for such structure, it's building in number of phases (and different models). And Khaaks/Xenons trying to prevent finishing of base.

- Base is not capable of attacking anything (no planet destroying) due maneuverability equals null, just more than capable of defending itself (fighters, maybe turrets, fleet defending station etc.)

What do you people think about that?

Too bad, I am not capable of modelling or scripting...
I am not very good in english, so please, forgive me...

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 7. Feb 10, 23:56

What do you people think about that?
I think that unless you do it yourself no one will do it...
A) giant station-> much work for modeller
B) scripts -> much work for scripter
C) Plot-> much work for MD scripter
D):
just more than capable of defending itself
Not really possible because of limited gun range and limited possible weapons/turrets.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 00:09

The Closest Reasonable thing u could get to this would the the Mobile Fortress in the Transcended Mod, or if you port over the Atlantis City from X3:R...theyre "M0 Sized" M1s capable of docking Cap. sized ships.

Unfortunately they dont exactly function like a Station, in that no one else can dock with them and they cant Hold/Sell wares or, in the case of the P:HQ, reverse engineer ships.

But if you want something Big and Base like, id try them. the Atlantis City is available in .xps format so you can just add it to your game with the Plugin Manager(use the updated one if you havent gotten it yet so u dont have to do any porting)

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 29. May 10, 20:05

You could try the Black Moon or White Moon from Galaxy Angel lol

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”