Argon Titan M2 Weapon equipping help?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vortexz
x4

Argon Titan M2 Weapon equipping help?

Post by Vortexz » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 08:38

I just bought an argon titan. I have 60 million away to spend on weapons. Do i need more money? If i dont, what weapons do i need. ( i am a complete noob when it comes to weapons so please explain where to find them).

Help will be very much appreciated.
There's coffee in that nebula! - Kathryn Janeway

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 10:00

Usually Photon Pulse Cannons and Flak Artillery Array / Cluster Flak are best for any M2 ship. 60 million should be enough to kit most of it out. Set the PPC to capitals, and the flak to either fighters or attack all enemies.

I think the encyclopedia will show you what factories/sectors that sell them if you've already come across them.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 11:03

I'd mix in some Ion Cannons into the front along with the PPCs, with PPCs on the sides, Mix of FAA and CFA on top and bottom, and IBLs in the rear.

Ion Cannons are of Boron make, CFAs are Argon (I know Akeela's Beacon has some forges), FAA are Teladi, and IBLs are Yaki.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 13:08

What are you going to be using it for? AI control? IS or OOS? Makes a very big difference as to what's best.

Altho, I would agree with The-Gizmo that PPC and FLAK is always a good combination (and in my opinion the best if under AI control).

How to get them? Depends on which game - X3R or X3TC?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 13:38

When I'm flying it myself I like the Gauss Cannon and Ion weaponry.

Otherwise it's PPC all round, always a good bet when the AI is in control.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Fri, 21. May 10, 11:06

It's X2 the threat. I look through these forums and everyone talks in acronyms. I really need something i can understand. I heard that mass drivers are good, but can't find anywhere that sell enough ammo. I cheated to get my credits, and I am considering restarting my game. For the mass driver ammo is there a way i can build a factory that makes the ammo?

Also does anyone know what the best ship to use most of the time is? Like a ship that can defend itself if it needs to but is also fast? Also what is the best sector/fleet killer?

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 21. May 10, 12:07

Costs roughly 30-50 mill to outfit a typical M2 so your 60 will be fine.

PPC = Photon Pulse Cannon
FAA = Flak Artilery Array
CFA = Cluster Flak Array

For a capital ship you want to fit capital ship weaponry so mass drivers are not what you want. The above weapons are a good place to start.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Fri, 21. May 10, 13:12

yeah just realixed that after buying my first m2(titan) week or so ago...its the most dangerous thing to my and the rest of my fleet:)...soon as those PPC and ions start a shooting...something, no matter what is getting hit
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 21. May 10, 13:45

Hehe flaks and IonDs are worse for that trust me lol

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Fri, 21. May 10, 13:55

Well, if it's X2, the first thing I would get is a gunnery crew. You need to follow military-transports to Equipment-docks and buy their military personnel very quickly as they sell fast.

It is possible to get reports of where these transports are located. If I remember correctly you need to buy your own equipment-dock to get these reports.

After that you can install a mix of weapons and the gunnery-crew will chose
the best ones for the task at hand, from gamma PPC to alpha IRE, using
whatever you have in cargo and whatever is possible to install.

The Titan is good because it has plenty of cargo-space for a good selection.

My memory is a little hazy as it's been a while, but if you research gunnery-crews you should be able to get all the info you need.

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Fri, 21. May 10, 15:32

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Now I need a little advice on stations. Is there any command you can give to make the docked ships on your station come out and and defend if the station is attacked without me being there?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 21. May 10, 15:57

If the ships are homebased to the station they will automatically defend it when it comes under attack. Whether you actually WANT them to do that is another matter. Consider: if the attacking force is weak enough to be taken down by a few fighters then it isn't going to do much damage to the station--you should easily have enough time to jump in and help out. Conversely, if the attacking force is a real danger to the station, it will swat the defence ships without any great difficulty, and you'll just end up losing several million credits' worth of fighters along with the station!

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Sat, 22. May 10, 02:51

When you tell them to dock does it automatically make it their homebase?

I just got attacked by the xenon and I had 50 novas in my dock so i told them all to attack all enemies and it got them all. Im wondering if i should just leave the novas flying around in that sector with the order attack all enemies. I am trying to build a sort of empire, like a sector that belongs to me. So far i have a cattle ranch, silicon mine, ore mine, solar power plant anda crystal fab. What next? Also where can I buy the weapons specified by Infekted?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 22. May 10, 03:05

in the ships command console, scroll down abit youll see a command called -set homebase.

check your encyclopedia (personal --> advanced --> encyclopedia)

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Sat, 22. May 10, 10:16

I have no advanced in my personal menu?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 22. May 10, 11:10

With 10K cargo hold packrat every missile you can find. Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane and Firestorm missiles does the ship wonders.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 22. May 10, 13:21

If Playing X2... don't forget the IonDs (an X2 M2 with IonDs was an evil beast as I recall)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”