[TC] Need to get 200 Teladiamium

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

speedracer4100
x3tc

Need to get 200 Teladiamium

Post by speedracer4100 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:34

I need 200 Teladiamuim for the Terran plot, is this something I can do in more then one trip, or how else do I do it. My Sabre obviously does not have enough cargo space for it so what do I do?

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:39

Do you not have a ship with enough cargo space to carry the lot?

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:42

No I still have my Sabre and a Discoverer from a previous mission following

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:46

You need a bigger ship.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:57

You can pick up a Magnetar at Omicron Lyrae. This is a TM class (so you can park your other two fighters in it) and has the cargo space you need for the Teladianium. Be warned - you will also need a Cargo Life Support System for the end of this mission and the next one as well, so if you don't have one go get it from the Pirate Base in the Unknown Sector next to PTNI HQ before proceeding.

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:03

But how much are one of those. I only have 1,885,000. Is it normal that you need to get that much cargo for the Terran mission or is it because I became to advanced before completing the plot.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:08

Magnetar is on the order of about 400k to buy, plus money to upgrade, so it's definately within your budget.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:12

Scarecrow wrote:You need a bigger ship.
Quite the statement..

You might want to place the mission on hold untill you get enough funds to get a transport. There are two shipyards within reach of your Terran base and where you get the Teleladium(or however you spell that lizard mud.)

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:15

speedracer4100 wrote:Is it normal that you need to get that much cargo for the Terran mission or is it because I became to advanced before completing the plot.
The 200 units requirement is standard - not rank related.

Can't think of any other point the plot requires you to carry a "large" load.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:21

so is it even worth keeping the ship after the mission, because it will probably just get destroyed in a fighting mission. I dont know controls well enough to keep it alive or how to work wings, or even make ships dock in it

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:39

There is a shipyard in Omicron Lyrae? I cant find it

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:45

It's hard to miss. Look on the sector map (press .), or search near the West gate.

At the early stages of the game, a TM is about the most useful ship you can have. It can store spare missiles and ecells and it'll transport your ships too. Sure, it can't fight very well, but it's at least reasonably shielded. The general idea is that you use it to get from place to place, and then launch from it and dive into a fight while the TM stays out of the way.

Oh and to dock with it: just select it and press shift - D. To tell another ship to dock, you have to go through the Command Console in the same way as if you were docking it to a station.

Merephet
x3tc

Post by Merephet » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 17:50

You dont need to delivery 200 all in one just like the mission that need to deliver like 18,000 ore, you can go get some then delivery then repate until is complete.
X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 18:20

Merephet wrote:You dont need to delivery 200 all in one just like the mission that need to deliver like 18,000 ore, you can go get some then delivery then repate until is complete.
The point of this mission is not to deliver the load but to get access to the sector.

If you go to the sector without the full 200, do you still get attacked?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 19:11

edammer wrote: The point of this mission is not to deliver the load but to get access to the sector.

If you go to the sector without the full 200, do you still get attacked?
Probably not, but the mission won't complete if you dock at the station with less than the required 200, so you might as well take the whole lot with you!

The advice to use a TM is sound, but after you've delivered the Teladianium I'd switch into one of your docked ships (one with a Cargo Bay Lifesupport)--the things you're trying to get have a tendency to try and dock at your TM if you're flying it, and that breaks things slightly.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 20:20

In Omicron Lyrae there is a Argon shipyard.. Grand Exchange there is a Teladi shipyard. Most of the Teladiamuim to be found is in the Teladi sector. Drawback with the Teladi shipyard is upgrades, where the Argon shipyard offers some plus the Equiptment Dock is located there.

Don't remember if there is sector traders in vanilla. If yes then you can assign that one to be a trader and gain some funds after delivery.

Omicron Lyrae is a fair place to start a sector trader.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 22:39

Sector Traders require Mk 3 Trade Command Systems, and yes, they are in Vanilla, at 500K a pop. Available at any Teladi EQ Dock. At least, if you don't want to manually do it, that is...

And for the record, it's Teladianium. Only because someone mentioned how to spell it..
-- GD

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 15:10

Can somone tell me the general commands of controling my other ships if I get the Magnetar for the 200 cargo mission. And is it worth keeping after the mission? I more am into the fighting then trading, though of course I will want to build stations at some point just don't understand that concept at all yet.
Also if I send an attack out from the Magnetar do I just sit back in it and let my fighters do the work or do I jump in one quickly and go to the fight myself?

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 15:44

I personally tend to spend lots of time in a TM. Yes it's very very handy to keep a TM around if you're going to be flying a fighter a lot. You can use them as a kind of mobile base to store energy cells (jump fuel), spare guns, shields, ammo and missiles.

And remember they can house more than one ship. You can store your main fighter ship, as well as a fast scout (like one of those Rapiers if you didn't already sell them all, or a Teladi Kestrel) for exploration and such. You can take along more fighters to act as wingmen, or you can keep the other docking bays free to pick up abandoned or captured ships.

In combat I usually just switch from my TM to a fighter, and leave my TM sitting around well outside combat range. But sometimes I'll switch to the fighter and then order the TM to attack my target or protect me. TMs have 4 turrets and a pretty decent amount of shielding, so while it's not a real combat ship, it can be helpful to have around anyway to take some heat off you.

As for commands for other ships, there's really no substitute for just looking through them yourself and trying stuff out. It's mostly rather straightforward.

speedracer4100
x3tc

Tm?

Post by speedracer4100 » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 00:11

Okay people keep saying TM I am not sure what a TM is

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”