[TC] Disruptor Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nesterhews
x4

Disruptor Missiles

Post by nesterhews » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 21:50

Are required to fulfill a number of company missions... they don't seem to be produced... how do you get enough of them to do the missions... I have 4 I need 20!

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 21:51

by wiping out every pirate patrol you see :)

darkzaion
x2

Post by darkzaion » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 21:54

quit the mission, dont stress your self

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:08

There are a few fabs floating around, but you've got to be on the Yaki's good side to get to them, naturally. You could try looking around to find a fab then wait for dudes to dock and pick them off afterwards.

EDIT: Welp, I know what I'm going to be doing for the next hour or so.
Last edited by Sorenson on Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:12

Sorenson wrote:There are a few fabs floating around, but you've got to be on the Yaki's good side to get to them, naturally. You could try looking around to find a fab then wait for dudes to dock and pick them off afterwards.
Disruptor Missile fabs don't exist in a vanilla game, but they do exist if scripts are added.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:14

@Sorenson, are you sure that's in vanilla? IIRC, the disruptor forge in vanilla is one of the broken ones, so maybe the ones you see are from a mod which fixes them?(Your rather cool 'Naval Shuffle' for example? at least, I think you fix them...)

EDIT: Beaten. :roll:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:15

Catra wrote:by wiping out every pirate patrol you see :)
I find Xenon carry them more often, personally, along with Hammerheads. Yaki and Pirates I've killed usually had Belugas and Rapiers respectively.

Gruber1232002
x3

Post by Gruber1232002 » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 22:16

Hang around in Savage spur. Drop in some adv sats so you can check it once in a while. There's sometimes a Deimos patrol that spawns endless Yaki fighter attacks.

The Deimos wins every time so if you are in sector you can just go around collecting disruptor missiles (and cyclones/hammerheads/typhoons/tempests/belugas). That's where I go for empire admin. When I'm done telling my traders what to do, I collect the goodies and go about my business. A half hour can net you 10 or so disruptors if you are lucky.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 23:55

Sorenson wrote:There are a few fabs floating around
In TC, there is not. I believe you are remembering the one that existed as part of the Reunion plot.

This is a list of all the starting stations/factories in TC2.5, based on the universe.xml file. As you can see, no Disruptor Missile factories.

Just checked the WareTemplate.xml file, and there are no complexes producing the Disruptor Missile either.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 01:11

Huh, I could've sworn I've seen a few randoms here and there. Eh, guess not.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

nesterhews
x4

Post by nesterhews » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 01:33

I am going to explore some Xenon sectors for a bit... it is annoying that there is no production... While we are on the topic of wierd stuff... What's up with the Incendiary missiles... I clearly can't get them to try out as I am not friends with the Yaki - at all... Are they any good, Is it worth trying to hack their stations etc?

Thanks again guys you rock!

On the topic of canceling the mission, What do I lose if I do so?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 01:41

What's up with the Incendiary missiles
You mean the Incendiary Bomb Launchers? They're one of the few anti captial weapons that M7's can mount. There's an IBL forge out in LooManckStrat's Legacy, but it tends to get destroyed. For the Yaki IBL forge's you can hack the stations and then get on the Yaki's good side by destroying their enemies in the sectors they control.
On the topic of canceling the mission, What do I lose if I do so?
A small percentage of rep.

dreadmessiah

Post by dreadmessiah » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 02:20

Been feeding those yaki forges. I love IBLs on my frigates. Split m7 4 gj of shields. 12 IBLs. 32 fighters. Yes thankyou. Only 53,000 laser energy though. :(

Did two protect shipyard missions (veryhard/hard) for the yaki first day in the game got access to everything. Second one I did in the Tenjin, oh yeah. I love that m3.

nesterhews
x4

Post by nesterhews » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 02:23

Will take a look.
I was on the Map site and it says that there is a shipyard for the Xenon - is that right? I'd much rather buy a PX than loose my marines in Vast numbers!

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 02:27

Xenon ships cannot be bought in a vanilla game, but they can be aquired by boarding. Or using scripts.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 02:41

Abandoning missions is a loss of 2 points with the company, I'd abandon all missile missions that require any sort of missiles that are not readily available. thats disrupters and usually firestorms, I'd also abandon chase missions as they just take too long for my liking.

The amount of rep you lose per mission is not worth losing sleep over, especially after you get past rank one with a company and each successful mission tends to earn you between 10-20 rep.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Merephet
x3tc

Post by Merephet » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 03:25

Just a little reminder:
NEVER ABANDON A TRANSPORT MISSION!!! it will break coorporation mission.
X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”