[TC] AvdSat+NavSat+Scanners not working...in one sector.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RandomBandit
x3tc

AvdSat+NavSat+Scanners not working...in one sector.

Post by RandomBandit » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 18:50

I "own" the UKSector at the South-East of the entire map. In there I have a small complex and an EQD. I was in my TL's "captain's shuttle" (a kestrel) and had the engines on full while I was remote-running the emipre...then I went out to eat, then came back and was still running things. I had the gate targeted, for no real reason, and was getting a chuckle out of the HUGE distance I was from it...about 4000Km. It then flipped to -4125 (something like that) and my Sat's, just dropped OR the ones that have always been there, and ship scanners show nothing (not even the ships OF MINE in the sector. The only thing that has retained its visual range in the complex hub. If I tell a ship to jump into that sector and move to it, I can only see them in the sector-map when they get within that visual range. Things I target, when in there myself, will also show, but just the icon. Note: This only happens in THAT sector, the others are fine.

SO, it is not that critical, but interesting. Seeing as I am never going to fly out that far again, it is not really something that needs to be fixed either...just odd.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 20:04

Sounds like your sector has suffered a buffer overflow. Lots of things can break when that happens.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 20:15

Every meter (metzumza) in X3 has 500 units internally.
4.000.000 (and change) x 500.
Familiar 32 bit number, eh? =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 20:40

Gazz wrote:Every meter (metzumza) in X3 has 500 units internally.
4.000.000 (and change) x 500.
Familiar 32 bit number, eh? =)
heh heh, THAT makes sense to me. Ah well, I shall not do that again. :D
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”