[TC] Does Tractor beam moves giant asteroids?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Luisedgm
xr

Does Tractor beam moves giant asteroids?

Post by Luisedgm » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:11

Im finally building my complex with my own Orca, but i got a problem. the best silicon asteriod (yield 57) is in the far corner of the system, and i would like to have it in the middle, i got tractor beam on the back turret of my Orca, but i use it on the asteroid and have no effect, if i build the silicon mine on it i will be able to move the asteroid/station?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:13

Yes, once the mine is on the whole thing becomes a station and can be towed.

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:25

Oh good, i was afraid i would have to use a script to move that, and i prefer to keep vanilla, thx :)

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 18:52

Luisedgm wrote:Oh good, i was afraid i would have to use a script to move that, and i prefer to keep vanilla, thx :)
Best way to move it once it is a station. I use my vidar but any ship will do. Go for a speed of about 26ms and then you can use seta at full as well. Any faster and you would have problems, or you wont be able to use SETA. It would take a long time without it. Also make sure you are facing in thre direction you want to go. and dont change direction.
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:19

I used my Orca, dear god how hard it was, a single wrong move and the Orca would rub on the station and game over >.<

Well now i finally started my station its self-sufficient producing extra energy, silicon and crystals that i will sell until i expand the complex, but since im paranoid i fear kha'ak/xenon popping up and im placing lasertowers arround the place, but i got a problem: does an enemy hitting the stupidly giant rock where my silicon mine is will damage the entire complex? or only if they would only damage it hitting the building on it? i would need 10 more lasertowers to cover the entire rock :(

BigMistake
x3tc

Post by BigMistake » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:23

Not sure how much 10LTs are but I use a fully SSC loaded out Yokohama for sector patrol... it takes care of the occasional angry pirate with ease.

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:27

3 problems:

1 - my strongest ship is a Springblossom
2 - 4 million on my account only, so no m7 for now T-T
3 - many huge rocks arround making the use of m7 or m2 kinda hard

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:28

AjRyder wrote:Go for a speed of about 26ms and then you can use seta at full as well. Any faster and you would have problems, or you wont be able to use SETA. It would take a long time without it. Also make sure you are facing in thre direction you want to go. and dont change direction.
I recently moved a small pile of Silicon Mines and it was not nearly that difficult. In that situation I could hook the beam on, boost to 80 and wait for the mine to sync up with my speed, then just 1000xSETA to where I needed to go...turning and all.

In my most recent use of the beam (a plot MMBS), your information is correct. I did my usual boost and SETA and tore the beam right off. I had to SLOWLY get it up to 80 (the max you CAN go when towing) before I could SETA. Also, in that case, steering was not well liked by the TB.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 21:42

@ Luisedgm: The whole mine + roid is a single station now with its own hull and shield points. Even in a complex, the stations (and hub) take damage individually and do not spread it over the whole complex. If any station or tube is destroyed the complex breaks apart (all tubes and hub disappear) but the surviving stations remain as individuals which you can then complex again.

The chances of the enemy picking on the same station in a complex over and over again are slight unless it happens to be on or by a main transit route. Don't worry too much about trying to defend every bit of a station or complex, just put some general defence for the area such as a sector patrol or put a warship on defend position along with a few LTs on the logical approach line to the complex if you wish. Anything that can quickly waste your complex will probably mince any defences as well, so be prepared to jump in personally if you get station attack warnings.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 22:58

Luisedgm wrote:3 problems:

1 - my strongest ship is a Springblossom
2 - 4 million on my account only, so no m7 for now T-T
3 - many huge rocks arround making the use of m7 or m2 kinda hard
Ship is not a problem I use my vidar ;)
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 23:09

i also use my vidar, security is not an issue as most of mine are in safe sectors, only need 3 lasertowers to cover area, and a few fighters for now

you only need more if you encountering capital ships or a lot of fighters attacking you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”