Re dicovering the PSP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brattbags01
x3tc

Re dicovering the PSP

Post by brattbags01 » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 18:59

Had a Osaka for a while and while it was ok to fly i didn't really rate the PSP's as compared to the PPC so i flogged it, weapons and all.
Anyway, after reading a thread on this forum about overcharging the weapon i Thought i'd try it again and HOLY C#*P, attacked a Xenon Q and one volley of overcharged PSP and Q go bang without even firing a shot ha ha ha ha :twisted: and two overcharged volleys wiped out a Titan class destroyer HA HA HA HA :twisted:

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 20:04

Even if the PSP is an inferior weapon, the Osaka has a lot going for it, including heavy shields, a narrow profile, lots of weapon slots, and an easy choice for load-out.

I thought the Ray was pretty good at levelling Xenon sectors until I got an Osaka...now, I count each Q engaged as a chance to let my shields regenerate, rather than a threat...
Sum, ergo cogito.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 20:11

That's nice.

The thing to know about what weapons to use and when, to an expert is knowing how much punch is needed for a particular job.

If you want to cap a ship that has 6 Gigajoules of shielding, then it's best to use an Osaka with 8 forward PSP guns. One charged shot and target has no shields. 12 Gigs needs two charged shots. If your target has 4 gigs then you need to fire only 6 of the 8 guns if you want grab a little hull with it. If no hull damaged is a requirement than put 5 guns online for a charged shot then pick a single gun for a half charge.

Of course I'm all into optimizing my "accidents".
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 11:58

I wouldnt exactly cal psp inferior in any ways.

Furthermore those terran only wraith missiles are deadly. really nasty pieces of work.

Having lots of those makes the Osaka a M2/M7M combo. Few poltergeists first to distract the turrets, then release the wraiths and your enemies just die.

Just had a big firefight where Osaka showed to me that it kicks ass just as good as the Boreas or even better. I engaged 2 ships at same time. Xenon K ships. got PSP left and front - They took them out.

But i also had a Xenon J behind me - I took it out with wraiths. Not so sure if the Boreas can do that so easily without bringing the whole ship around and engaging the J separately with PPC.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”