[TC] Squash Mine Aquisition??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Squash Mine Aquisition??

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 17:37

Is there a way around the Squash Mine shortage for the Goner Mission? They are like hens teeth to find. Can't think of a way to clone. Any suggestions to quick aquisition of mines?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 17:58

There should be one or two Squash mine factories in Profit Center Alpha, and another in Pontifex Seclusion. Just feed them resources and SETA for a while. The more stock builds up the less you pay per mine, but watch out for wandering traders who try to dock there to buy the mines! For this reason I usually park w/in 5km of the factory and use a Docking Computer to hop in and buy when I see a trader on the approach. In the sector with two fabs you can dock an owned ship at the other factory and remote-buy if a trader goes over there. Doesn't take long w/ SETA - mines are made pretty quick.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 18:08

Open up your own squash market. For 2 million cr, you can have a factory that can both produce and purchase squash mines. Have a freighter home based at the station, with orders to "buy ware for best price". Have other freighters ready to purchase local resources to get the factory cranking. Put some credits in the station, and watch it go. Grab the mines as the station fills up, and the quest won't be a problem.

Plus, it gives an opportunity to play with highly illegal and volatile goods.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”